No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish I this wasn't a story, but here we are -- a med school student dares to question microaggressions and is banned from UVa. https://reason.com/2021/04/07/microa...charya-threat/

I'm not kidding. Another heroic triumph for the Woke Overlords. Kieran Bhattacharya was been put in his place! (Well, for now -- we'll see how his lawsuit does).
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Ca-ching! The Deep State never stops persecuting him.
      Trump’s former national security adviser was warned about taking foreign money as far back as 2014, the defense department’s inspector general has found, undermining claims of political persecution

Comment

• Ron Desantis, in a presser this afternoon, announced the state of FL is suing the Biden administration, HHS/CDC and DHS (the enforcement arm of CDC's NSO) over the shut down of the cruise industry and the myriad travel and leisure operations in the state of FL linked to it.

I've not seen the actual filing yet. But if FL's Middle District Federal Court, where I believe the case was filed this morning, takes the case up, and rules in favor of FL, the case will have wide ranging implications for all the businesses that have been affected by mandated closings.

I actually want to see the Justice Department try to defend the CDC's NSO and it's ridiculously burdensome and unworkable Conditional Sail Order (CSO) that defines the hoops cruise ships have to jump through, one by one, to return to operations; the same for cruise ports that have also been closed since last March.

The CEO of Norwegian Cruise lines has said in the last few days the NCL will sail from US ports in July. Observes think NCL may actually sail, challenging enforcement by the USCG of the NSO, should it come to that. There is tremendous political and now, it seems, legal pressure to get the CDC to move off its current position. Up until recently, they have been anything but cooperative and helpful in defining pathways and time lines for cruise lines to sail again. So, far the NSO has managed to push a multi-billion dollar, job producing business operation to near bankruptcy in pursuit of marginal public health benefits. Cruise line CEOs are done with that BS.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          I wish I this wasn't a story, but here we are -- a med school student dares to question microaggressions and is banned from UVa. https://reason.com/2021/04/07/microa...charya-threat/

I'm not kidding. Another heroic triumph for the Woke Overlords. Kieran Bhattacharya was been put in his place! (Well, for now -- we'll see how his lawsuit does).
          It's all a ruse put on by the Proud Boys or something. Leftist ideology is a myth.

Comment

• Yeah that college is being stupid, not sure what it has to do with the Proud Boys.
            Last edited by froot loops; April 8, 2021, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• Found it, read it, link below if you're interested. The arguments in the filing actually have application across a ton of businesses who were hamstrung by the CDC's allegedly unlawful exercise of authority under the PHE. If FL wins this suit and the judge enjoins the DHS from enforcing what the plaintiff claims is an unlawful CSO, that will attract a flood of similar law suits against the CDC.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The top surgeon at U-M Medical Center is practically begging Whitmer to re-lock down Michigan. He says new Covid cases are starting to flood the hospitals and she needs to step in and shut down restaurants and bars among other things.

I'm not sure why she's hesitating, because shutting things down is her specialty. She certainly doesn't need to discuss it with the Legislature, because she never does that anyway.

Get ready for another lockdown Michigan folks ...

The top surgeon at Michigan Medicine expressed alarm over rising COVID-19 infections in a tweet Thursday, begging for intervention from the governor, the White House and the CDC
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                  The top surgeon at U-M Medical Center is practically begging Whitmer to re-lock down Michigan. He says new Covid cases are starting to flood the hospitals and she needs to step in and shut down restaurants and bars among other things.

I'm not sure why she's hesitating, because shutting things down is her specialty. She certainly doesn't need to discuss it with the Legislature, because she never does that anyway.

Get ready for another lockdown Michigan folks ...

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ng/7141718002/
                  Move to Nebraska liney...you can bartend for me
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• All I’m seeing in that article are ads for lawyers looking for plaintiffs in the lawsuit against UM and Predator Anderson.

whatever..

Comment

...............Get ready for another lockdown Michigan folks ...

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ng/7141718002/
                      There is a legit COVID problem in MI (there's one in FL too ) but locking everything down is the wrong approach (Desantis knows this and has focused on getting every one vaccinated and they are). Over 30% of Floridians have had at least one dose, 90% of HC workers and first responders, close to that number of over 65s ..... yes, FL's case numbers are rising but % positivity is holding between 5-7%, there are few admissions, plenty of hospital bed space and decreasing deaths. Why? VACCINES, a hard nosed Governor who disputes most everything coming from the CDC and Floridians believe in his approach. Surprise. It works.!

I'm not going to look it up but I'll bet there are just a handful of counties behind MI's collectively expressed rising case numbers. Same in FL and guess whihc counties get the most vaccines every week? Whne you tally new case numbers collectively, that paints the wrong picture and leads to shitty PH measures. One size does not fit all. Target your responses and monitor them by county (I know that's being done but the PH messaging in MI probably never goes into this kind of granular detail and it should, like it does in FL)

First, vaccinate remaining over 65s and over 50 with co-morbidities NOW. If that means stopping does for everyone else do it until you've got everyone that can sign-up for an appointment, drive to the vaccination site or needs community assistance to get them vaccinated if they are homebound. Use the MI National Guard, use anyone that is available and willing. Prioritize vaccine administration to places like Wayne Co, that we absolutely know are behind the power curve on vaccinations because, well, you know........ DO IT.

Second, mount a public campaign to announce the state isn't locking down - that doesn't work in the current environment and MI citizens don't like to be locked down and told what to do so we aren't doing that. Use common sense. Vaccines are safe. Get them. If you don't you are part of the problem. What does work is getting vaccinated and if you're not yet vaccinated you can still participate in activities you enjoy safely by employing basic mitigation measures that we all know about, have practiced to some degree (or not) and have hammered into our brains for a year. We're not repeating these. DO IT and if you don't want to just because, you are the problem.

This is not hard. No one needs to hand wring. We know vaccines reduce disease burden, and FFS, decreases transmission of SARS2. How hard is this to understand? Well., it actually is hard because in MI you are told to hand wring and be scared. Follow the Desantis model.
                      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; April 8, 2021, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• EFZZZZZZZZZ
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I looked at the corresponding article to that story in the Freep, and it appears that one of the biggest concerns is that minority folks are not showing up to get their shots. The shots being given out at Ford Field are going to white folks at a 80% clip. Yet the whole reason for placing the mega facility at Ford Field, was supposed to be its easy access for minorities in the downtown area of Detroit. Underneath the story is that minorities are shying away from the shots because they "don't trust it". Where do you suppose those folks got the idea that the shots can't be trusted. Look no further than Kamala and Pelosi, who all were on record as saying they wouldn't get the Orange Man's vaccines because they didn't trust them.

Now, it looks like those comments are coming home to roost. The most vulnerable, and the people who are being targeted for the immunizations, are the ones who are ignoring them. None of them want to trust the "orange man's" vaccines. It doesn't matter that ALL of them have been vaccinated since, of course. The damage has been done.

I got my J&J vaccine because Detroit (Read: Mayor Duggan) turned down the initial allotment of the vaccine, because it "wasn't good enough" for Detroit's citizens. They wanted Moderna/Phizer or nothing. Now, they've changed their tune, and are accepting J&J again. But hey, this evil white conservative from Shiawassee County appreciates the shot.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Maybe you should look it up Buchanan, it's more than a handful of counties.

Comment

I looked at the corresponding article to that story in the Freep, and it appears that one of the biggest concerns is that minority folks are not showing up to get their shots. The shots being given out at Ford Field are going to white folks at a 80% clip. Yet the whole reason for placing the mega facility at Ford Field, was supposed to be its easy access for minorities in the downtown area of Detroit. Underneath the story is that minorities are shying away from the shots because they "don't trust it". Where do you suppose those folks got the idea that the shots can't be trusted. Look no further than Kamala and Pelosi, who all were on record as saying they wouldn't get the Orange Man's vaccines because they didn't trust them.

Now, it looks like those comments are coming home to roost. The most vulnerable, and the people who are being targeted for the immunizations, are the ones who are ignoring them. None of them want to trust the "orange man's" vaccines. It doesn't matter that ALL of them have been vaccinated since, of course. The damage has been done.

I got my J&J vaccine because Detroit (Read: Mayor Duggan) turned down the initial allotment of the vaccine, because it "wasn't good enough" for Detroit's citizens. They wanted Moderna/Phizer or nothing. Now, they've changed their tune, and are accepting J&J again. But hey, this evil white conservative from Shiawassee County appreciates the shot.
                              Poll after poll demonstrates that Republicans are several times less likely to get the vaccine. In this recent Marist poll 45% of Republicans were either "unsure" or were flat-out refusing to get the vaccine compared with 11% of Dems and 29% of Independents. I don't know specifically how it is in Michigan but that's how it is nationwide.

Comment

• Seems like Greenberg's lawyer is probably leaking stuff to the press now. Oh Matt Gaetz. Conservative America is losing her second-most cherished son.

When Joel Greenberg made his Venmo payments to three young women, he described the money as being for “Tuition,” “School,” and “School.”

Comment

Working...
                                X