Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Prosecution rests in the Chauvin case. I haven''t followed it too closely outside of the opening statements but it seems like they put on a pretty strong case with a lot of police experts testifying that what Chauvin did with his knee is not an approved technique. That's the second biggest factor, IMO. First, obviously, is the cause of death followed by whether proper procedure and techniques were applied. I think he stands a worse chance today of beating the most serious charge of 2nd degree murder than when the trial started. Interested in the case the defense presents... Then there's the matter of the recent shooting and rioting 10 miles away. I don't think there's any way at least some jurors will contemplate the consequences of their decision with regard to civil unrest. If there's a hung jury, for example, Minneapolis will be a smoldering crater.
    The Prosecution laid out a pretty strong case. Hard for me to see him skating on every charge, though i'm still skeptical he'll be convicted of Murder 2. The fact that Chauvin's chief and the Department's most veteran detective testified against him as well as the medical experts was fairly powerful.

Comment

• Yep.

Comment

• Been a very busy news day (possibly the WH wanting to take some attention away from the J&J news)

Biden announces all troops out of Afghanistan by 9/11, no conditions

Also announced that he spoke to Putin again (temperatures have been rising in Ukraine lately) and proposed a summit between the two of them in the next couple months.

Comment

• The Police Chief has now also resigned. The City Manager was fired yesterday after he suggested the police officer in question should be given due process.

Comment

I hadn't heard that she resigned but read that she was a 26 year veteran of the force. I watched that video this morning and can't figure out why her partner had so much trouble cuffing the guy before he decided to jump back in the car and drive away. At any rate, the guy who got shot contributed heavily to his own death but that will never be mentioned. She clearly murdered him because he was black.
            And the WARRANT he was WANTED for included illegal possession of FIREARMS. So, he tried to jump back into his car to flee, and possibly get a gun. Officers didn't know. When someone resists arrest, it puts everyone in danger, even innocent bystanders.

I believe the FEMALE WHITE officer who said she thought she was reaching for her tazer. Her reaction afterward shows she's genuinely surprised. But, that doesn't matter. She's a cop, and she shot a black man. She's guilty.

To mark the event, and to take full advantage of every opportunity to advocate lawlessness, Rashida Tliab called for the end of police departments and jails. Chuck Schumer actually had the testicular fortitude to disagree with her, and instead called for 'police reform'. When fools like Tliab call for the end of law enforcement, its not only her that is guilty of lawlessness. Its also those who put her in office. NOBODY who voted for her has a right to complain about lawlessness. Not one.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Biden announces all troops out of Afghanistan by 9/11, no conditions
              Ironic the day he chose to do so.

I wonder where he will sign the official surrender to the Taliban? The Rose Garden?

Maybe he'll apologize for the evil that America committed against Osama while he's at it ....

Comment

The Police Chief has now also resigned. The City Manager was fired yesterday after he suggested the police officer in question should be given due process.
                Due process is no longer afforded to white people...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Well, we're all in agreement that the FDA's pause of the J&J vaccine is monumentally stupid. So, done with that.

The NYT ran a piece today that presented the arguments for and against delaying the second dose of the three primary vaccines that require two doses (Pfizer, Moderna and AZ vaccines). The reason to do that is to make sure more people get at least one dose. The current thinking is that for now, we'd all be better off if we took the UKs lead and vaccinate as many people as possible with at least one dose. The NYT piece was extraordinarily critical of the Biden administration's apparent approach to the vaccination program.

It's noteworthy that the most vaccine experts poo-pooed the UK's one dose strategy saying the trials didn't test a one dose regimen and we have no data to support a strategy that only gives one dose. Fauci was among then then and remains with them now reiterating that today when asked why the US was having all these outbreaks pursuing a two dose strategy, MI for example, while the UK that pursued a one dose strategy isn't'.......

Deaths2.JPG

The Biden administration is at a cross-roads. It's either going to beat the pandemic and bring it to heel or it isn't, prolonging the disease burden of COVID and the social stress of continued mitigation measures that limit mobility and contact. I don't think there is any question that getting vaccines to hot spots could reduce serious illness, deaths and transmission. I don't think there is any question that getting as many people vaccinated as possible and as soon as possible is a sound infectious disease prevention strategy.

But let's be frank, the guy Biden is relying on to guide pandemic public health policy is Dr. Anthony Fauci. He's been wrong on so many counts, its not worth listing them again. Here, in this forum, we know what they are. But his wrong headedness continues on the latest three potentially turning point issues:
                  • (1) It's reported that he has weighed in with Biden personally agreeing with the FDA's decision to pause using the J&J vaccine. It's been discussed here why this is a bad decision. What hasn't been discussed is this is a tipping point situation in the war against SARS2. In military history battles are won or lost by, at the time, seemingly inconsequential decisions or circumstances. A decision either won the battle or lost it. We're at that point.
                  • (2) Fauci, just today, told reporters that the US wasn't going to pursue a one vaccine dose strategy because we don't have data on that strategy. Sticking with the science. That is patently wrong headed. The science of vaccine effectiveness, as opposed to efficacy reported after the completion of trials, evolves over time within those trials and also when evaluating how vaccines actually work in the real world. The recorded evidence that millions of Brits have received just one dose to allow more Brits to get vaccinated has precipitated lower death rates in the UK than they are in the US that has pursued a two dose strategy. Thihs isn't arguable. It's science and that science is available to Fauci. IOW, one does is EFFECTVE and Fauci's position is pure anti-science.
                  • (3) One of the basic principals of disease prevention and control is to target people and places that are experiencing a higher than base line R factor for a specific virus. BASIC. So, we have the Biden administration, advised by Dr. Fauci, that were' not going to do that by increasing vaccine supply for MI. WTF people?
                  Biden was on a role with the pandemic and the rapid roll out of lots of vaccines. But these three really bad decisions his administration has made in the last couple of days has the potential of blowing up all the progress that has been made. He could easily be the singular figure that lost the war v. the SARS2 pandemic. Easily.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Ironic the day he chose to do so.

I wonder where he will sign the official surrender to the Taliban? The Rose Garden?

Maybe he'll apologize for the evil that America committed against Osama while he's at it ....
                    It's been 20 years. What are we achieving by staying there endlessly?

One of the few things I agree with Trump on.

Comment

• Well, we're all in agreement that the FDA's pause of the J&J vaccine is monumentally stupid. So, done with that.
                      This directly affects my family because my brother was scheduled to get the J&J this Saturday. I guess that's off now.

Comment

• The poor Brooklyn Center city manager who had the temerity to say that all officers are entitled to due process was fired in part because one city council member "feared for her property and retaliation by protestors if she had voted to keep him."

We are literally at Mob rule in Minneapolis. Literally.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

This directly affects my family because my brother was scheduled to get the J&J this Saturday. I guess that's off now.
                          Depends on how quickly they lift the "pause". I suspect there will be incredible pressure to reverse course as quickly as possible. Here in Ohio DeWine has said people scheduled to receive the J&J will be given Pfizer or Moderna instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            The poor Brooklyn Center city manager who had the temerity to say that all officers are entitled to due process was fired in part because one city council member "feared for her property and retaliation by protestors if she had voted to keep him."

We are literally at Mob rule in Minneapolis. Literally.
                            EFZ
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• But let's be frank

No fair JB...you said I could be Frank today...you were Frank yesterday...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Universities were using the J&J vaccine as well to vaccinate the student body. Getting them to show up for one dose is a lot easier than getting them to show up for 2. Now all that's on hold. It's just monumentally stupid. This decision is made by the same people that complain about young people socializing together and then turn around and make it more difficult to get them vaccinated because ONE person out of 7 million died after taking the J&J vaccine and a causal relationship hasn't even been established. Have I mentioned how monumentally stupid this is?

Comment

Working...
                                X