No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, I know what you meant. No worries. I just took the opportunity to make a human connection to these things. I never met the victim.

And I used the same comparison when it happened. How come a guy with a sexual disorder shoots up some massage parlors and we need to have a National reckoning with “anti-Asian hate” and a few days later a black guy kills 5 white people and it’s..... just some guy that shot some people? The reporting on these incidents is disgusting.

Comment

• Wait, you're not saying The Media has various narratives are you?
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It'll be very interesting to see if the House passes either or both of the Court-packing and reparations bills. It's a narrow majority so the Ds will need almost all hands on deck. Depending on when they actually vote on these things, they can only afford to lose/offer cover to 3 to 5 Reps (most likely 4 with a 222-213 when all the runoffs are complete). I believe the Ds hold more than 4 "purple" districts.

Better hope the new definition of "infrastructure" is a big winner.

Comment

• Professor Lama Abu Odeh of Georgetown penned this outstanding piece on Academia or at least her little slice of it (Georgetown). Ms. Abu Odeh is a Palenstinian, a Muslim, a feminist and, by her own account, a progressive. https://quillette.com/2021/04/09/geo...al-revolution/

There was a time when Leftists in America were hugely important to free speech and a diversity of ideas and thoughts. I reckon it's probably because they were in the minority. But, still, at bottom, most of them harbored actual liberal (as opposed to Liberal) ideas of human existence. That has changed. And as it permeated throughs the University it drops into society and The Media and eventually we end up in the car with Thelma and Louise speeding toward the cliff (of course, I note that Hannibal will say, with some merit, the car is already being pulled by gravity to its fiery end).

Of course, the mere fact that an article from a progressive calling for intellectual tolerance and diversity is so notable probably means Hanniball is right.

Comment

• New sanctions on Russia announced...includes a pretty significant one. US banks are now prohibited from buying any new Russian sovereign debt. The ruble is already taking a hit.

Comment

• Ka-BOOM!

That explosion you just heard is retail sales demolishing expectations!!

More stunningly good work by the People's Chairman, Smilin' Joe Biden!!! The naysayers, the haters, and the creeps keep betting against the Chairman and America, but they're getting wiped out cleaner than a fat man's eatin' hand! Real Americans have your back, Mr. Chairman, and THANK YOU!!!

Joe Biden GIF by GIPHY News

Comment

• He's a fucking dipshit
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                  He's a fucking dipshit
                  Shaddup, Lord Haw-Haw.

We're onto your tricks

Comment

• So Chairman Joe is going to pack the USSC with 4 of Kamala's friends.

And when the R's re-take control of Congress, they'll put 6 of theirs on the Court.

One day our grandchildren will see a Court with 387 Justices.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Defense is already resting in the Chauvin trial. He won't be testifying.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Professor Lama Abu Odeh of Georgetown penned this outstanding piece on Academia or at least her little slice of it (Georgetown). Ms. Abu Odeh is a Palenstinian, a Muslim, a feminist and, by her own account, a progressive. https://quillette.com/2021/04/09/geo...al-revolution/

There was a time when Leftists in America were hugely important to free speech and a diversity of ideas and thoughts. I reckon it's probably because they were in the minority. But, still, at bottom, most of them harbored actual liberal (as opposed to Liberal) ideas of human existence. That has changed. And as it permeated throughs the University it drops into society and The Media and eventually we end up in the car with Thelma and Louise speeding toward the cliff (of course, I note that Hannibal will say, with some merit, the car is already being pulled by gravity to its fiery end).

Of course, the mere fact that an article from a progressive calling for intellectual tolerance and diversity is so notable probably means Hanniball is right.
                        If there's something good to come out of the last year (besides Madoff croaking, of course) it's that full time onsite college education has taken a hit and people could, and should, pay renewed attention to the value of what they are getting for their (assumed) investment in their kids' future. Gee, why are we spending hundreds of thousands of dollars when our kid can log on to zoom meetings from the kitchen table and still get a degree from a prestigious university?

Being that I can pretty much do my entire job - which requires interacting with people on three continents - the same way only solidifies the argument.

Of course we've been duped into thinking that it's all about "the experience". Sure, kids can't party and hook up as effectively, but it's never been clearer that it's really all about supporting the bureaucracy. These woke clowns have been making bank for decades and yet these seem to be as oblivious as the dinosaurs were right up to the moment where the big rock screamed across the sky above them.

It's all sort of amusing when you realize that innovation works a lot like those big rocks. Obsolete things, like the current University system, have a strong tendency to get blown away and be replaced by better, more efficient options. My only concern is that I've only got about 8 years before I send my kid off to some sort of "College". Hopefully their rock will have hit and the debris will be effectively cleared up by then.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                          So Chairman Joe is going to pack the USSC with 4 of Kamala's friends.

And when the R's re-take control of Congress, they'll put 6 of theirs on the Court.

One day our grandchildren will see a Court with 387 Justices.
                          FWIW, Pelosi was asked about this bill today and if she backed it.

She said NO and she won't allow it to even get a vote

So...yeah

Comment

• Fantastic news.

Comment

• Might be the first intelligent thing Pelosi has ever done...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'm glad to see Pelosi has had at least one cogent thought in the last couple decades, but she also once said that she wouldn't waste the government's time going after Trump.

She lied on that X2. She's an excellent liar.

I don't think there's enough support in the Dem controlled Senate yet either. Durbin has said "no" for now, and there's likely a handful more on the D side.

I think its a door that the Dems don't want to open. Otherwise, presidential campaigns are going to be for President, VP and "(name your number) of USSC Justices that I'm going to add to the court"
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X