No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Walter Mondale. When Nixon died in 1994 (and Agnew died not long after), Carter/Mondale became the oldest surviving President/Veep duo and amazingly survived another 25+ years.

It's now Clinton/Gore

Comment

• Mr. Mondale was a class act.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Ok, show of hands. Who thought Walter Mondale was still alive?

The 1984 election was the first I remember as a kid. I vaguely recall Carter as president and vividly remember Reagan getting shot. The epic Mondale - Reagan showdown was the first time I really grasped what a presidential election was all about.

Funny side note. My 4th grade class had a mock presidential election that year. My parents were solid D voters so when I asked them who I should vote for they, of course, said Mondale so that’s who I chose. The vote ended up 29-1 Reagan which, incidentally, was probably pretty damn proportional to the EC vote.
        Last edited by Mike; April 19, 2021, 09:51 PM.

Comment

• In the category of "the rules are for thee, and not for me", .. it was disclosed today that Gretch Whitmer took a trip to Florida to see her dad who has a chronic illness. This makes at least three times that the Governor has travelled out of state after issuing warnings that citizens should not travel. Her Highness went to see Chairman Joe installed as the Dear Leader, and then she went to have some lunch with the Michigan National Guard, who were busy protecting Nancy Pelosi from the right-wing boogerman. Oh, and they were also forced to eat food that made them sick. And now today, the admission that she travelled to FLORIDA to visit her sick daddy.

FTR, I have no problem with The Queen going to visit her sick dad. I say good for her. I have no problem with her going to see Chairman Joe's soiree, or her taking a visit to Michigan NG group. I just don't think she should vilify anyone else that does the same. Covid is here for lots of reasons. You can't pick your favorite political target/enemy, and blame them for the whole thing. Covid isn't a political pandemic, although that's what its become just about everywhere. To fight the pandemic, people need to use common sense, and take proper steps to avoid being infected. Even though I'm over a month past my J&J vaccine, I still mask up, and I still don't do restaurants or a lot of travel unless its necessary.

Gretch needs to stop blaming others for the virus. If you need to blame anyone, blame China. This belongs to the "scientists" who were messing with this stuff in Wuhan. This is totally on them. We are all the victims. China will never own up to it, so we'll just have to live with that.

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer traveled over a month ago to visit her father who is battling a chronic illness, her spokesman said.

Comment

• LOL .. just heard on "Gutfield"... "the problem for Maxine Waters is that she's been quoted in context".

The judge in the Chauvin case was none too pleased with her statements. He said she's likely given Chauvin a basis for an appeal of a guilty verdict, and also that she has violated her oath of office with her statements.

He declined to declare a mistrial, but the irony of the matter if he had done so would have been overwhelming. Here she went all the way to MSP to make sure Chauvin gets "convicted of murder" and her own big mouth gets him another trial, or even acquitted.

Comment

• 175889287_2831897153730802_3347490366192895649_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=u2oObAZvuScAX9sn40E&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=b38f9403d170169114b79244f8510899&oe=60A2D0C0.jpg

Comment

• This Whitmer story has me fuming. I was already pissed about her advisers doing the exact things they tell the rest of us not to do. Now the princess herself is caught in the act. There needs to be a legit recall pronto.

Comment

• Hey at least she didn't say it was a bad joke... like when her husband tried to go out on their boat. Or her aid partying down in FL and posting it on social media. Be better at hiding your Governor privileges' not throwing in our face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Holy shit...I totally missed this. Saturday night after our Spring game hundreds if not thousands of students basically trashed an entire block near campus. Flipped a half dozen cars or so in the street; broke windows in a bunch of others. Cops had to send helicopters to help break the "party" up at 3 AM

https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-new...-ave-near-osu/
                    They were inaugurating the Columbus chapter of Black Lives Matter?

Comment

• The official explanation of events should be taken with a grain of salt but...

Chad's President of 30 years is dead. The army says he was killed by rebels in the country's far north while visiting troops on the frontline. The army also says they're disbanding the government and will rule directly for at least the next 18 months.

I've seen comments from people saying different things...this *may* destabilize the region more and make it harder to fight terrorist groups like Boko Haram...

Chad's President Idriss Deby Itno has died on the battlefield after three decades in power, the army announced on state television on Tuesday. The rebels that launched the offensive against the regime…

Comment

• I try not to take pleasure from others' misfortune, but when you're a huge covid skeptic and tell people the vaccines are poison and shit, and then you yourself catch covid and feel like you might "fucking die", well...

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-b1834274.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          I try not to take pleasure from others' misfortune, but when you're a huge covid skeptic and tell people the vaccines are poison and shit, and then you yourself catch covid and feel like you might "fucking die", well...

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-b1834274.html
                          True dat.

Edit: I thought this about that quack who actually did die after telling everyone it was a hoax. Now that I see who it’s about, my “true dat” stands.
                          Last edited by Mike; April 20, 2021, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• Well at least we can assume that Whitmer won't be visiting Chad anytime soon.

Comment

• My sympathy for people who are in that vulnerable age group and don't take the vaccine is fairly low.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                                My sympathy for people who are in that vulnerable age group and don't take the vaccine is fairly low.
                                My sympathy for anyone who is eligible and doesn't take the vaccine is non-existent.

And I get a good bit of satisfaction when a virus denier gets the virus. Fuck those morons.
                                Last edited by CGVT; April 20, 2021, 09:20 AM.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X