No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "If the jury had been hung on any of the charges, would they not have to first report that to the judge? And he'd usually ask them to work a little bit longer?"

Lineman is correct . As are you

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

I have a feeling they said fuck it, guilty across the board, let’s go bowling.
      Oh doncha know the Raddison has just the best buffet and Happy Hour ends at 6!

Comment

• I may have had a six minute verdict, but I have had two juries out for five days. Won one and lost the other

Comment

• My guess is guilty on one count, not guilty on the others

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
            "If the jury had been hung on any of the charges, would they not have to first report that to the judge? And he'd usually ask them to work a little bit longer?"

Lineman is correct . As are you
            I saw just a bit ago that they also asked no questions of the judge during deliberations and it took roughly 10 hours total. So whatever's coming, doesn't seem like much disagreement or confusion among jurors.

Comment

• Minneapolis today..

.merlin_186536991_f8c55f27-6708-4d48-be3d-5ce849c6b956-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale.jpg

Riots when they don't get what they want are just a foregone conclusion now. It's almost comical.

Actually it is comical for me since I don't live there.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                My guess is guilty on one count, not guilty on the others
                It's the 3 extra minutes that gets him. Or however long it was. There was some stuff the defense could work with -- it wasn't open and shut -- but I think that ultimately the 3 minutes + the parade of police witnesses saying that was excessive does him in.

In a perfect world, he is convicted and, at a minimum, the 2 newbies who, apparently, are two unlucky motherfuckers, go free.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I saw just a bit ago that they also asked no questions of the judge during deliberations and it took roughly 10 hours total. So whatever's coming, doesn't seem like much disagreement or confusion among jurors.
                  I saw that, too. He’s clearly going up on all 3 charges. The intricacies of the 3 charges seems like there would be some questions if they weren’t in lockstep.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

It's the 3 extra minutes that gets him. Or however long it was. There was some stuff the defense could work with -- it wasn't open and shut -- but I think that ultimately the 3 minutes + the parade of police witnesses saying that was excessive does him in.

In a perfect world, he is convicted and, at a minimum, the 2 newbies who, apparently, are two unlucky motherfuckers, go free.
                    This is why I would convict on the Manslaughter charge because he demonstrated such indifference. But I can’t get past the 98% oxygen level and the fact that there wasn’t even any soft tissue damage or bruising to Floyd’s neck. Murder should be off the table but the jurors don’t want to see the city they live in turned into a smoldering crater.

Comment

• Is the lynching done yet? Time to hit the saloon and some whiskey...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Not done yet. Sentencing will be at a later date and then an inevitable appeal. We get to do this two more times! Weeeee!!

Comment

• guilty all three counts!

Comment

• No brainer there. I will say this: I talk about playing stupid games, winning stupid prizes when people suffer consequences of their actions. Don’t put yourself in a compromising position. Chauvin did that and now he’s at the mercy of the judge.

Comment

• Mob rules. Maxine and her ilk got what they wanted. Lynching complete.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• If you’re a cop and you encounter a coke head or. Meth head, you’d best just let him go. You’re playing Russian Roulette otherwise. Especially if it’s a black person.

Shooting a Trump supporter is totally fine though.

Comment

Working...
                                X