No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comedies are better with a small crowd of people. Something about being in a group makes shit funnier.

Like watching Don Brown's defense against a decent QB. Definitely funnier at the stadium than at home.

Comment

• We're living in a budding Left Wing police state. If you are a right wing dissident like Nick Fuentes, your access to social media and the financial system will be cut off and you will be added to a government database such as the No Fly list. Corporate America is complicit in enforcing the two-tier justice system that we now have for the Left and Right. Nick Fuentes, BTW, has no criminal record and has never committed any kind of violence. The most that he has done is speak in rhetoric that is commonplace for dissidents on either side dating back hundreds of years.

The FBI is literally treating the January 6 "coup attempt" as another 9/11, and that includes kicking in doors and dragging people off to prison who got into the building and took selfies. The FBI even tracked down and arrested the guy who took the Ashli Babbitt shooting footage. (for obvious reasons), and he's not even a Trump supporter. All of this for a riot in which a few windows were broken, crap like computers were stolen, and the only casualty was an unarmed protestor.

This same FBI sent a dozen agents to investigate Bubba Wallace's garage door pull. Meanwhile, actual crimes like murder are skyrocketing all over the United States.
      Last edited by Hannibal; April 27, 2021, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• Moral of the story - don't be an active seditionist neo-nazi. There are consequences to anti-American behavior.
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• So you're fine with pure political persecution. I'm glad that we have established that. Let's all make a mental note to remember this if the shoe is on the other foot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Yeah action movies, comic book stuff, war movies, a lot of sci-fi, etc. I'm not the biggest Tarantino guy but if I was his stuff deserves to be seen on a huge screen. Depending on the cinematographer I'd say some dramas. The overwhelming majority of comedies, nope. I bet I haven't seen a comedy in a theater since...Anchorman maybe? Oh no, wait, I got dragged to Forgetting Sarah Marshall
            But, those action movies really suck. I stopped after enduring Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy because, despite what everybody else said, I thought they were really bad movies. Of course, the last Star Wars movies sucked. So did Avatar., btw (I guess you need to get high and listen to a Yes album on the way to the theater) It's all this GCI psychedelic video game nonsense that looks like it was created by a bunch of dorks on laptops without any direction other than to "make a bunch of shit blow up!".

To be fair, these probably aren't any worse than those 1970s Irwin Allen disaster movies, but at least you could look at those and appreciate that people designed and built the stuff that crashed or blew up and that people actually took significant risks in filming them.

Comment

• It's unclear if Fuentes is actually on a government no-fly list or he's just been banned from one airline for his behavior. We only have his word to go on and obviously he's a lying chickenshit.

Last December he got kicked off a flight for refusing to wear a mask. He brags that before being removed he looked the flight attendant dead in the eye and said "go fuck yourself. eat shit". He tweeted all this at the time. Like I said, he was quite proud of his conduct. I can post screenshots later. Maybe that got him banned or suspended from the airline. I don't know.

Dude's been around for years spewing his venom and it's only now that he got put on a list (according to him), right after being kicked off a flight for refusing to follow mask rules and cussing out a flight attendant.

I see now he's been tweeting about it all day. There's some sort of white nationalist orgy going on in Florida and he can't go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                So you're fine with pure political persecution. I'm glad that we have established that.
                In the case of active seditionist neo-nazis like this guy?

Absolutely
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

But, those action movies really suck. I stopped after enduring Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy because, despite what everybody else said, I thought they were really bad movies. Of course, the last Star Wars movies sucked. So did Avatar., btw (I guess you need to get high and listen to a Yes album on the way to the theater) It's all this GCI psychedelic video game nonsense that looks like it was created by a bunch of dorks on laptops without any direction other than to "make a bunch of shit blow up!".

To be fair, these probably aren't any worse than those 1970s Irwin Allen disaster movies, but at least you could look at those and appreciate that people designed and built the stuff that crashed or blew up and that people actually took significant risks in filming them.
                  People like what they like and you cant force someone to like something they'll never get used to. Seems like you're a practical effects guy and I can appreciate that. But a lot of the stuff Marvel's making right now simply wouldn't exist but for CGI. Practical effects have a limit. As someone who grew up on Marvel comics (fuck DC) there's a huge amount of nostalgia in them for me and it's only been in the past decade that most of them got a proper big screen treatment.

And what probably opened the door for the Marvel stuff were the Star Wars prequels but even more so the Lord of the Rings movies

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                    Why would you be asking Bubba out on a date? Are things that bad out on the dating scene?
                    He asked me liney but he refused to wear his pink tutu like I requested.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

No one is completely eliminating the police. That never has been the position no matter what Fox News/OAN/NewsMax say

I see you have a problem with her being a Muslim though.
                      What is the result of the left's demonization of cops?

Good cops quit. Future good cops don't go into law enforcement. What does that leave you with?

Comment

People like what they like and you cant force someone to like something they'll never get used to. Seems like you're a practical effects guy and I can appreciate that. But a lot of the stuff Marvel's making right now simply wouldn't exist but for CGI. Practical effects have a limit. As someone who grew up on Marvel comics (fuck DC) there's a huge amount of nostalgia in them for me and it's only been in the past decade that most of them got a proper big screen treatment.
                        I actually have degrees in Mechanical Engineering AND Computer Graphics. You can easily squander away whole weekends doing either one, The CGI stuff is just WAY easier than fixing cars, washing machines or HVAC units.

Addressing the limitations of actually needing something to "work" in the real world is a real challenge and that's probably why I always thought that superheroes were rather laughable.
                        Last edited by Tom W; April 27, 2021, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• g4g8zsej7pv61.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

I actually have degrees in Mechanical Engineering AND Computer Graphics. You can easily squander away whole weekends doing either one, The CGI stuff is just WAY easier than fixing cars, washing machines or HVAC units.

Addressing the limitations of actually needing something to "work" in the real world is a real challenge and that's probably why I always thought that superheroes were rather laughable.
                            Heh, well there you go. You're in the Garth Ennis school; you don't like superheroes as a genre, period. And I don't disagree that building realistic looking sets or practical effects is a lot more actual work and than rendering it all on a computer.

Thinking outside of that genre, a movie like Gravity wouldn't be possible pre-CGI. Filming a war movie or fantasy movie with any sort of battle scene in it meant keeping the scale pretty small or be willing to spend a ton on sets, location filming, & extras.

Comment

Thinking outside of that genre, a movie like Gravity wouldn't be possible pre-CGI. Filming a war movie or fantasy movie with any sort of battle scene in it meant keeping the scale pretty small or be willing to spend a ton on sets, location filming, & extras.
                              Agree

Comment

• "What does that leave you with?"

Uh.. dumb shits like you

Comment

Working...
                                X