Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding this Giuliani stuff...

I saw someone remind folks that in June of 2020, Barr and Trump ousted the US Attorney for the SDNY (Geoffrey Berman) whose branch was overseeing this Giuliani investigation.

On June 19, 2020, late on a friday night, Bill Barr suddenly announced that Geoffrey Berman had resigned and that Jay Clayton, the head of the SEC and a Trump loyalist, would be be nominated to take his place. Until then, Barr was moving the US Attorney for New Jersey over to SDNY instead of doing what normally happens when there's a resignation: the #2 person in that office takes over. Barr (and Trump) clearly wanted someone from outside SDNY to be running the show.

Instead of going quietly, Berman soon put out his own press statement saying he had NOT resigned and had no intention of doing so. Because Trump had failed to nominate and get a US Attorney confirmed for the SDNY, despite having total control of Congress, in 2018 a Federal court appointed Berman itself. And because Berman was court-appointed, Barr technically did not have the power to fire him. So Trump had to fire Berman himself. Which he did.

But the rules for succession in a firing of a US Attorney are different than a resignation, and neither Trump nor Barr was allowed to appoint an acting head under these circumstances. So the Deputy US Attorney, Audrey Strauss, ended up succeeding her boss after all and the investigation into Rudy (or Steve Bannon) was not shut down.

Berman would later testify before Congress and say that Barr had met him in New York City to put heavy pressure on him in person to resign. They would "find a nice job for him in DC" if he played ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Great story. Meanwhile, John Kerry works with Iranians against Israel and radio silence from The Media.
      Hmmmm, if there's additional evidence this is true he should resign. It's worth noting that the evidence against him is the word of Iran's former foreign minister, on leaked audio that the NY Times itself broke news about. See below for additional radio silence. Not all Republicans are immediately pouncing on this it seems. I've seen everything your boy Geraghty has written about it

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/25/w...ani-zarif.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/26/u...ael-syria.html

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...ensions-484806

https://www.newsweek.com/four-star-g...havior-1586806

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...rsy-explained/

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.), while being highly critical, added the caveat, “If this tape is verified.” Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) urged even more caution. “I don’t know if we should trust that tape or not. If it’s true, it’s very damaging,” Graham said. “I like John Kerry, but that would not be helpful, and it would be very problematic if it were true. But let’s wait and see how authentic this is.”

https://thehill.com/policy/internati...ked-iran-tapes

https://newrepublic.com/article/1621...icans-benghazi
      Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; April 28, 2021, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• Perfectly cliche of you to work in “Republicans pounce.” I mean, perfect.

I reckon it’s wise to verify. I mean, that was obviously The Media’s SOP wrt PDJT. All those stories were so well vetted. I mean, right up to the NYT continually reporting on the Cap Hill police being killed by fire extinguisher.

So, the point is to illustrate yet another example of The Media being The Media. The New Yorker runs some tabloid shit while the most of The Media “waits and sees” re Kerry.

I watched you breathlessly report stories from a single anonymous source for 4 years. Come. The. Fuck. On.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Ah, the good ol’ days of round the clock coverage of how PDJT paid Russian prostitutes to piss on him or whatever. I’m so thankful The Media patiently waited to report on that story. Those were the days.

Comment

Perfectly cliche of you to work in “Republicans pounce.” I mean, perfect.

I reckon it’s wise to verify. I mean, that was obviously The Media’s SOP wrt PDJT. All those stories were so well vetted. I mean, right up to the NYT continually reporting on the Cap Hill police being killed by fire extinguisher.

So, the point is to illustrate yet another example of The Media being The Media. The New Yorker runs some tabloid shit while the most of The Media “waits and sees” re Kerry.

I watched you breathlessly report stories from a single anonymous source for 4 years. Come. The. Fuck. On.
            Your hatred of The Media running poorly vetted stories is well known but not consistent. You did note that the BIDEN IS BANNING MEAT story is pretty much hyperbole but when hanni countered that it is NOT hyperbole you clammed up. You've said nothing about conservative media's KAMALA HARRIS IS FORCING DHS TO GIVE EVERY ILLEGAL KID HER BOOK story. I imagine that's because I've done such a good job debunking it, that there's nothing more you could add. In which case, thank you for yet another compliment.

You forgot to thank me for doing research for you, btw, you lazy fucker. You are most welcome.

Comment

• Here's Jonah Goldberg on Outrage Overload

Comment

• Is Hannibal The Media? The NY Post fired the author of the Harris story (probably sacrificial, but that’s the breaks). That’s already more than anything The Media has done.

But — and I cannot say this strongly enough — your attempt to equate sparse right-wing outlets with The Media is laughably stupid.

I fully concede the NY Post and Wash Examiner and FOX run conservative narratives. Oh, and Hannibal. That’s easy. I’m honest. Your turn, dickweed. Can’t just attack, deflect and ignore. YOUR. TURN.
                Last edited by iam416; April 28, 2021, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• John Kerry colluded with Iranians against Israel so....Republicans pounce!!!! That’s the REAL story.

Just LMFAO. Honestly.

Comment

Is Hannibal The Media? The NY Post fired the author of the Harris story (probably sacrificial, but that’s the breaks). That’s already more than anything The Media has done.

But — and I cannot say this strongly enough — your attempts to equate sparse right-wing outlets with The Media is laughably stupid.

I fully concede the NY Post and Wash Examiner and FOX run conservative narratives. That’s easy. I’m honest. Your turn, dickweed. Can’t just attack, deflect and ignore. YOUR. TURN.
                    Every outlet, be it CNN, MSNBC, NY Times, Wash Post, Boston Globe, Cleveland Plain Dealer, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, the Village Voice, the BBC, the Voice of America, ESPN, the Country Music Awards, all have a liberal narrative.

Look at how hard that was for me. I agonized for hours, yet I finally decided to call THEM OUT!

Calling out the media (excuse me, "The Media") is the mark of a true legend. It's not as if there's an entire cottage industry involving tens of thousands of talentless hacks in rightwing media doing the exact same thing.

Comment

• Great talk.

Comment

• By the powers of Grayskull, wouldja look at this? I'm half drunk and kicking Talent's ass halfway from here to Weehawken

Old man's getting slow in his golden years.

Comment

Great talk.
                          Have a good night! Enjoy the big speech!

Comment

• Is it possible for DSL to get any dumber?

Rhetorical question. Please don't respond.

(DSL...look up the word rhetorical if confused)
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• What does "confused" mean? (Asking for a friend)

Comment

• It's the state you live in.

...but don't look on a map...just tryin' to help my friend...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X