No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternating between Trillion Dollar Joe and Chairman Joe. Good lord.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• How was Joe's speech last night? I didn't watch because I figured it was all bad news for me and good news for Strangelove.

I'm assuming that Nancy didn't rip up her copy this time.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• He announced a brand new cutting edge approach to governing. First, he has identified issues that he feels could use some improvement. Second, the proposed solution is to throw otherworldly sums of money at the problem which will make it magically go away. I can't believe no one has ever thought of this before. Sounds like a fool-proof plan.

Comment

• Honest Joe
          Gentleman Joe
          Smilin' Joe, the Happy Warrior
          Blue Collar Joe, the Working Man's President
          Lunchpail Joe
          Straight Talk Joe
          Shamrock Joe
          Joltin' Joe
          Hammerin' Joe
          Powerhouse Joe
          Joe Palooka
          Diamond Joe Biden

Comment

• You forgot Scranton Joe.

Comment

• And speaking of the speech last night. I was actually surprised that they only allowed 20% (my guess) capacity and that they required masks. Some even went with the two-fer! The messaging is so fucked. Those people are all fully vaccinated and the CDC's guidance is that groups of fully vaccinated people don't need to mask indoors. So which is it? On one hand Biden took a victory lap for the vaccine roll-out, and on the other you have a bunch of vaccinated people wearing masks and distancing. I'm a big proponent of getting the vaccine but holy shit, their messaging and leadership on this front is just atrocious. I imagine a lot of folks who are on the fence about getting the shots looked at that last night and thought "what's the point?".

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Honest Joe
                Gentleman Joe
                Smilin' Joe, the Happy Warrior
                Blue Collar Joe, the Working Man's President
                Lunchpail Joe
                Straight Talk Joe
                Shamrock Joe
                Joltin' Joe
                Hammerin' Joe
                Powerhouse Joe
                Joe Palooka
                Diamond Joe Biden
                Brainless Joe
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  You forgot Scranton Joe.
                  Ah yes, Scranton Joe. Hometown hero of NE PA.

Timecard Joe.
                  Pious Joe

Comment

• Interesting...federal agencies investigating an incident that occurred on the White House Ellipse back in November where a National Security official was suddenly stricken by the same symptoms embassy staff in Havana suffered from several years ago.

People who have suffered from it claim to have been very suddenly hit by a feeling of nausea, vertigo, headaches, and claim to hear an ear-piercing directed noise.

"I knew CIA and Department of State were not taking this sh*t seriously and we wanted to shame them into it by establishing our task force," Chris Miller, who was acting defense secretary at the time, told CNN last week.

Pentagon leaders set up the task force to track reports of such symptoms hitting Defense Department personnel overseas, an effort that Miller said was intended in part as a "bureaucratic power play" to force CIA and State to take the problem more seriously in their own personnel.

Miller said he began to see reports of these mysterious symptoms as a higher priority in December, after interviewing an alleged victim with extensive combat experience.

"When this officer came in and I knew his background and he explained in an extraordinarily detailed but more military style that I could understand, I was like this is actually for real," Miller said. "This kid had been in combat a bunch and he knew."

Federal agencies are investigating at least two possible incidents on US soil, including one near the White House in November of last year, that appear similar to mysterious, invisible attacks that have led to debilitating symptoms for dozens of US personnel abroad.

Comment

• Tim Scott did well for himself last night. The Republican Party would be smart to elevate reasonable folks like him and sideline the loonies like MJT.

Comment

Tim Scott did well for himself last night. The Republican Party would be smart to elevate reasonable folks like him and sideline the loonies like MJT.
                        Other than the fact that he was full of shit, I agree
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Tim Scott did well for himself last night. The Republican Party would be smart to elevate reasonable folks like him and sideline the loonies like MJT.
                          Yeah. He's good. It's striking next to Chairman Joe's sheer audacity to lie at will. It must be what the D response to PDJT felt like.

Unfortunately, he's an Uncle Tom, so you know, the Ds will go after him mercilessly. The WaPo "fact check" on him was astounding. ASTOUNDING. More or less -- "his family didn't really have it that bad during Jim Crow." ASTOUNDING.

But, man, if you dare to step off the Prog Plantation, there's fucking hell to pay.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Tim Scott is a just another swamp creature who will never move the football. Worthless. At this point the list of Republicans who don't fit that description is very short. It's DeSantis and a small handful of other red state governors in the upper Midwest.

Comment

Yeah, but the Far Right that's seized control of the Republican Party won't have him and it's not because he's black. It's because he's too moderate and too appealing to centrists. Hanni already dubbed him a cuckservative last week and Tucker Carlson was recently ripping him a new one saying there's no real difference between him and a Democrat.

Comment

And speaking of the speech last night. I was actually surprised that they only allowed 20% (my guess) capacity and that they required masks. Some even went with the two-fer! The messaging is so fucked. Those people are all fully vaccinated and the CDC's guidance is that groups of fully vaccinated people don't need to mask indoors. So which is it? On one hand Biden took a victory lap for the vaccine roll-out, and on the other you have a bunch of vaccinated people wearing masks and distancing. I'm a big proponent of getting the vaccine but holy shit, their messaging and leadership on this front is just atrocious. I imagine a lot of folks who are on the fence about getting the shots looked at that last night and thought "what's the point?".
                                Gotta keep the fear and uncertainty going. That's their best suit to play at this point. Don't tell them the odds, or expect them to acknowledge that this isn't the Black Death or that, heaven or that, heaven forbid, trump wasn't 110% at fault. Otherwise, you'll be next.

Comment

Working...
                                X