Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Far Right" is currently defined as anyone who:
    1. Is to the Right of Karl Marx and
    2. Is willing to actually fight for their agenda.

In that respect, the Far Right still has not taken over the Republican Party.

Comment

• I will take the Max Kellerman and Stephen A's approach to CGVT's take on Tim Scott...

...you must be a racist...you don't like him because he's black...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

You did note that the BIDEN IS BANNING MEAT story is pretty much hyperbole but when hanni countered that it is NOT hyperbole you clammed up. .
        "BIDEN IS BANNING MEAT" is hyperbole. But it's not what was posted. What was posted is that in order to meet the stringent GHG reduction requirements demanded by Paris accords and promised by Joe Biden, massive lifestyle changes are going to be required. One of those changes is a 90% reduction in beef consumption, which is a number calculated by the University of Michigan and consistent with the rhetoric of the climate change doomsday cult. Were that not the case, you would not be seeing the occasional news story extolling the merits of eating bugs.

Comment

• Yeah, it's not only hugely ironic but entirely predictable that Strangelove would attempt to call out hyperbole with hyperbole. And there remains zero question, for reasons you stated, that proposed climate change rules necessarily require a significant reduction in eating hamburgers and red meat in general. That's not in dispute.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The Biden BOOM is on!!! 6.4% GDP growth in the first quarter. Second-best since 2003!

Optimism is everywhere!

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/29/us-g...-expected.html

Comment

• I saw that a couple of the news outlets were referring to Scott as 'Uncle Tim" which is their safe way to be racist, and avoid actually calling him an "Uncle Tom".

Black folks that don't conform to The Party line are all Uncle Toms. Everyone knows that.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It's indisputable at this point.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If eating bugs isn't quite your thing, how about making beer with them?

All Abuzz Cicada Beer: Homebrewing with Cicadas | American Homebrewers Association

And I thought Imperial Sour Hazy Barrel-Aged Maple India Pale Stouts were ridiculous.

Comment

• 6.4% GDP growth. Nice.

Operation Warp Speed was, indeed, a miracle. And thank God governors like Greg Abbott and Ron DeSantis didn't listen to Joe Biden and assclowns like Rochelle Walensky when it came time to reopening their states. Unfortunately, in between repealing Trump's tax cuts and returning our energy business to a pre-industrial era, Biden will kill the GDP growth within a couple of years.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; April 29, 2021, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                      If eating bugs isn't quite your thing, how about making beer with them?

All Abuzz Cicada Beer: Homebrewing with Cicadas | American Homebrewers Association

And I thought Imperial Sour Hazy Barrel-Aged Maple India Pale Stouts were ridiculous.
                      Unless the flavors were artificial, I've had stouts that used oyster shells, clam juice, lobster, and beef jerky.

Stillwater made a sour/stout comb called Surf & Turf. The "Surf" part of it was a sour that used shrimp and lobster. It was one of the most disgusting things I've ever drank. Never again.

EDIT: Sorry, it was an Evil Twin/Stillwater collab

Comment

• Other than India and probably Brazil (South American now indirectly), COVID is being tamed. What I find revealing is the stark difference in virus control between those countries that essentially fucked up their vaccine programs and those that got it right. I'll throw most of the EU in along with India and Brazil with a different and obviously lesser magnitude - the EU still fucked it up.

The implications of the these stark differences should be blindingly obvious. If there is any doubt that COVID vaccines are wildly effective and incredibly safe, it should be largely eliminated at this point and left only to the anti-vax morons ...... and US government public health officials who, as Tom points out, are messaging the American public in highly counterproductive ways. Anecdotally, I have friends that continue to mouth the fear-monkey memes that you can trace right back to Walenski, Fauci and Biden. Not worth trying to change their minds. After a year of virus paranoia, its just baked in.

I can see some value in moving ahead cautiously in resuming normal, pre-pandemic activities as long as there are valid metrics in your locale that there is circulating virus. If you tend to skim my highly informative COVID posts and don't remember how to accurately judge whether the virus is still circulating in your county or not PM me.

My reason for not just shit-canning your mask and doing whatever is that there's still some valid uncertainty about the virus' behavior in what should now be called epidemic regional outbreaks. Theoretically, the more people that are experiencing in vivo replicating virus, the higher the chance for vaccine resistant mutations to develop. Emphasis on theoretical because in the West anyway, re-infection of a vaccinated person by a virus with a different genetic make-up remains rare. When it does happen, nobody is dying from it.

That does not appear to be the case now in Brazil, South American and India. where, if you control for these country's shitty vaccine roll-outs, the high rate of infection is thought to driven by more transmissible versions of SARS2. So, anecdotally, throwing all precaution to the wind has the potential to produce these regional outbreaks and the theoretical production of other more transmissible strains.

Do I mean, then, wear your mask all the time? Nope. Most of the time, it's unnecessary. Completely unnecessary outside and IMO, in fairly large gatherings. Even indoors, in most settings, it amounts to not much more than virtue signaling. But, I'd probably be hesitant to go to events, indoors where there are hundreds of people milling around in close proximity to each other and drinking alcohol. Outdoors in that setting? Nope, again.

Let's fill up some stadiums and play some college football!
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Weird things are used as flavoring and in foods. Bugs for dye and flavoring. Molds in cheese, and Google “what is artificial vanilla flavoring made from.”
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• India's cases and deaths on a per capita basis are still very low when you consider that the country is essentially a billion+ people crammed together into a million square mile toilet.

Comment

• Let's fill up some stadiums and play some college football!
                              Absolutely. OSU fans need time to plan their Thanksgiving weekend in Ann Arbor.

Michigan Stadium in red, .. in the fall. Manuel and Harbaugh will be proud!
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Michigan Stadium will be 20% full, at best. The state is run by an insufferable CoronaKaren.

Comment

Working...
                                X