No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNL plans on 100% capacity...hopefully we have 90,000 fans left by then...Corona is running wild...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
      UNL plans on 100% capacity...hopefully we have 90,000 fans left by then...Corona is running wild...
      They might be forced to go to 20% by the conference. It's run by a cadre of bleeding vaginas who can't make intelligent decisions.

Comment

• Was waiting to see if the ACA decision would finally drop (Spoilers: Nope) and this decision got posted instead. Quite an interesting lineup on the two sides!

Gorsuch, Barrett, and Clarence Thomas sided with the liberals against Kav, Roberts, and Alito in this case involving an illegal immigrant and what constitutes "proper notice" for his removal hearing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          Was waiting to see if the ACA decision would finally drop
          I'll save you the suspense -- Liberals will get what they want.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

I'll save you the suspense -- Liberals will get what they want.
            We can only hope...
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Unless the flavors were artificial, I've had stouts that used oyster shells, clam juice, lobster, and beef jerky.

Stillwater made a sour/stout comb called Surf & Turf. The "Surf" part of it was a sour that used shrimp and lobster. It was one of the most disgusting things I've ever drank. Never again.

EDIT: Sorry, it was an Evil Twin/Stillwater collab
              It all comes down to WHY would you want to do that? Granted that in the days before we had things like the internet, refrigeration, electricity, flush toilets or any concept that "yeast" was responsible for fermentation, almost anything went into beer. It was all, by today's standards, pretty disgusting stuff. It's still disgusting and the only reason homebrewers and (self proclaimed) pros do it is because they're lousy brewers. They can't make good honest beer and they cheat by hiding behind all sorts of exotic ingredients and flavors. Then they double down by mocking the macros. They will never admit that Budweiser and PBR are actually amazing products for what they are- which is what the market dictates . Only Corona deserves that much abuse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

They might be forced to go to 20% by the conference. It's run by a cadre of bleeding vaginas who can't make intelligent decisions.
                If that happens I predict a big pushback. If other P5's are open 100% and the B1G mandates 20 there will be major fireworks. Football heavy schools cannot afford a second year of this bullshit.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Apparently, the boy was afraid that if his parents watched Carlson’s Fox News program, they’d “end up angry, rabid racists” and might participate in a failed coup attempt, or embarrass him in public by shouting at people for wearing masks to help stop the spread of COVID-19.

I wonder who convinced him of this?
                  Probably his marxist elementary school teacher.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

If that happens I predict a big pushback. If other P5's are open 100% and the B1G mandates 20 there will be major fireworks. Football heavy schools cannot afford a second year of this bullshit.
                    Michigan can afford it, and that will give them so much more leverage in keeping the bulls well fed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

It all comes down to WHY would you want to do that? Granted that in the days before we had things like the internet, refrigeration, electricity, flush toilets or any concept that "yeast" was responsible for fermentation, almost anything went into beer. It was all, by today's standards, pretty disgusting stuff. It's still disgusting and the only reason homebrewers and (self proclaimed) pros do it is because they're lousy brewers. They can't make good honest beer and they cheat by hiding behind all sorts of exotic ingredients and flavors. Then they double down by mocking the macros. They will never admit that Budweiser and PBR are actually amazing products for what they are- which is what the market dictates . Only Corona deserves that much abuse.
                      What Budweiser does is similar to McDonald's fries. It's enormously difficult to produce huge volumes of a lager or pilsner that tastes the same for years and years and years and can sit on a shelf for six months and still be more or less ok. Just like it's a credit to McDonald's that 2,000 different locations can all make fries that taste pretty much the same. Personally if I'm having just one beer I'd rather it be an IPA and I love trying new and different things, but I can respect that IPAs are significantly easier and quicker to brew than a lager and the hops can cover up almost anything, which is why so many microbreweries focus on them.

Comment

• I love a good pilsner. I enjoy almost type of beer (save for the wheat beer bullshit), but an easy drinking, tasty pilsner is must have for your lineup -- especially for the day drinkers among us!
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Love a good Hefeweizen. I'm at Hofbrauhaus at least a few times a month.

I mainly drink Pilsner/Lagers with meals, at get-togethers when I expect to consume a good amount, or in hot weather outside. If I'm just sitting at home in the evenings and having a few, it's going to be IPAs and stouts but generally I too like almost everything. If I had to pick, I'd say browns are maybe my least favorite? Once upon a time it would've been an ESB but those have grown on me

Comment

• I like most beer, even the occasional wheat. But a good guzzling beer (Miller Lite, for example) with pizza, burgers, spicy food, or while out grilling is delightful despite what the beer snobs say.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• But, if I am out and having a single beer or two, my go-to is a stout first. I’m particularly enamored with Left Hand’s Milk Stout at present.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• STFU
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X