Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln.jpg Eisenhower.jpg Reagan.jpgAnimated GIF
    Last edited by Mike; May 12, 2021, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Animated GIF
      AUFPW6UAFJFNJMIIU7UB2LLIBU.jpg

Comment

• Lap dog.

Comment

• Hey. You've just insulted dogs everywhere. Apologize.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• The irony of Stefanik taking over is that she's got a more liberal voting record than Cheney. Cheney voted with her Party and how Trump wanted more often. But Stefanik is willing to promote Trump with gushing praise, unlike Cheney.

Comment

• Right. It has nothing to do with policy, fidelity to the Constitution, or actual leadership. The only thing that matters is if you bend the knee to everyone's favorite necktie fashionista.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                The irony of Stefanik taking over is that she's got a more liberal voting record than Cheney. Cheney voted with her Party and how Trump wanted more often. But Stefanik is willing to promote Trump with gushing praise, unlike Cheney.
                Any GOP member that is constantly getting praise on CNN and MSDNC doesn't belong in the republican party.

Comment

• CpPjCy73.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

Any GOP member that is constantly getting praise on CNN and MSDNC doesn't belong in the republican party.
                    You're making my point for me that being a "good Republican" has become less about ideology and policy positions and more about utterly superficial bullshit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                      Liney, look at reality, not the right wing propaganda. I support our friend Israel as our best ally in the ME but not blindly.

It is the Middle East states that have brought about the conditions the Palestinians suffer from, not Israel. Israel gleefullly and sadistically supports these moves as it aligns with Israeli objectives.

Look at the refugee camps, particularly outside of the West Bank. Palestinians are not allowed outside the confines the camp (no travel). This eliminates the non-camp opportunity for employment, medical care, education. They are not allowed to apply for citizenship in the host countries (don't dilute the Palestinian nation). Phone service blocks internet access. Their only source of news is the militants' version of Fox News - biased, lie filled, hate oriented, mindless propaganda. Three generations and counting subjected to this. So why do Jordan, Lebanon, etc do this? It's because their own regimes are repressive. When their people start to get restless, their gov'ts all point to the Palestinians and say 'they're worse off than you. Suck it up, be thankful of what you DO have (not much) and we will all be lifted when our Palestinians brothers get lifted'. Oppressed Palestinians are a godsend to the other ME states and will be used as such.

It wasn't that long ago when our own Heaven's Gate Party was singing that democracy was the answer. Fully supported free and fair elections in Lebanon as democracy cures all. Well, the people elected Hamas. Why? Because Hamas is a social organization that provides food, education, and health care. It's military wing accounts for only 15% of Hamas expenditures, a fact that is intentionally not reported in the West. It doesn't support the narrative pushed by Israel.

Now, lets look at Israel. A state with every right to exist. A country that reacts forcefully to threats. Why is that? Because the Nazis quite clearly stated what they intended to do with the Jews. In WWII, the Jews learned the very hard way to believe what their enemies said. So when terrorists say "we're going to wipe you off the face of the earth", Israel believes that they will try and takes action. Can't fault them for that, but you can fault them for Nazi tactics like collective punishment.

Yes, terrorists hide behind schools and hospitals and lob mortars and rockets at Israel. But those are just launching points. Israel levels entire square blocks of the area, long after the terrorists have left. More than likely, the terrorists don't even live in that area, knowing the level of retaliation to expect. The Israelis see no alternative, exactly like the Nazis' occupation policy of shooting 20 random citizens for every German soldier killed. The standard excuse is do something, anything, can't be seen as 'weak'. (Rhetorical question) do you support that sort of thing?

How many Palestinians, percentage, do you think are terrorists? Include babies, children, elderly. Do you think the Israeli withholding tax revenues that pay for day to day affairs, the restriction of fishing in coastal waters, restricted employment of a select few, and countless other heel-of-the-boot actions are effective? Since they're not, (conflict continues) what's the point as it obviously only harms the non-combatants?

Israel is a strong ally of the US, as is Saudi Arabia and Egypt. They deserve the right to exist and have the right to defend themselves. Do they deserve carte blanche to murder as they see fit? You think all Palestinians should be subjected to this for the actions of some? I've known you for what, decades now, and I know you do not believe ill willed violent behavior justifies other ill willed violent behavior.

Your statement of - Palestinians: "we want peace and our own state but we want you dead" is just as accurate as Israelis: "we want peace and our own state but we want you Palestinians dead".
                      You make several points that I can agree with Jon. One of which is that there is innocent blood on a lot of people's hands over there.

But when it comes to Israel, I believe their history of living in peace with peaceful neighbors speaks for itself. They have signed peace treaties with both Jordan and Egypt, and have not fired a shot in anger with either in several decades now. That's strong evidence of what Israel wants. I don't believe that Israel WANTS war with its neighbors. 'Palestine" included. However, I would be willing to bet you Jim Harbaugh's next paycheck that if you and I could safely walk down the main street in Gaza City, and ask 100 random Gazans how many of them want peaceful coexistence with Israel, you'd have a hard time finding 10 who would say they do. When the rubber hits the road, they want Israel gone. Totally gone. No jews. No Christians. Just followers of the prophet.

If you and I took that same walk down Main Street Tel Aviv, and asked 100 jews the same question, I'd guess a majority of them would like peaceful coexistence with the palestinians, or whatever they call themselves. And once again, evidence is in the history. Israel does it daily. Palestinians do not.

A palestinian state will be a staging area for Hezbollah and Hamas, and by course Iran, to perpetuate a terror war against Israel, with the goal of eliminating the jewish state. They've never, ever stated otherwise. Ever. Yasser Arafat had the perfect opportunity to gain nearly all palestinian demands at Camp David with Bill Clinton and Ehud Barak, and he chose not to, because he would not say IN ARABIC that Israel has the right to exist. He knew if he did so, he'd be assassinated within hours of returning home. So, instead Arafat went back to the West Bank and started the intifada. So much for peace.

And in reality, this time around its not so much about the palestinians as it is about Iran, Russia and China. Its not like Hamas has rocket building factories in Gaza. Those rockets are being designed, funded and built somewhere, and its not Gaza. I'd imagine a lot of parts for those rockets being fired at Israel have Chinese, Russian and Iranian fingerprints all over them.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

You're making my point for me that being a "good Republican" has become less about ideology and policy positions and more about utterly superficial bullshit.
                        hardly. One can be a good republican without giving the entire party a black eye. Yes that does matter in politics.

Comment

• For the record, the individual you reckon is giving the Republican Party a black eye is one of the most conservative members of the party who recognizes objective reality and not the TV game show host that claims he won the 2020 presidential election in a landslide.

Comment

For the record, the individual you reckon is giving the Republican Party a black eye is one of the most conservative members of the party who recognizes objective reality and not the TV game show host that claims he won the 2020 presidential election in a landslide.
                            I couldn't care any less how the left wants to frame it.

Comment

• I don't know how else it can be framed, honestly. She was voted out of a leadership position (by voice vote, lol) not because of her Republican/conservative credentials but because she pushed back on a false narrative and won't bow to everyone's favorite vodka salesman. The alignment of the Republican Party with Trump after the shit he pulled since the election will have disastrous consequences for them electorally. Hopefully, they can gain back the House in 2022 but they're trucking with a loser who turns off large swaths of voters.

Trump threaded the needle in 2016 because he ran against the most reviled candidate of all time - good for him. But as soon as he faced a candidate who wasn't loathed by millions of voters he lost. He lost to the senile corpse of Joe Biden. Then he basically sabotaged the Georgia runoffs costing the Republicans the Senate. And for this he is elevated in stature. As long as we have a two party system (which isn't going anywhere), the pendulum will swing from one party to another. It looks like the Left is going to go full retard so there will be plenty of folks looking for a correction in the next couple cycles. They should be met with a Republican alternative ran by rational adults and not a personality cult that repulses the majority of Americans.

Comment

I don't know how else it can be framed, honestly. She was voted out of a leadership position (by voice vote, lol) not because of her Republican/conservative credentials but because she pushed back on a false narrative and won't bow to everyone's favorite vodka salesman. The alignment of the Republican Party with Trump after the shit he pulled since the election will have disastrous consequences for them electorally. Hopefully, they can gain back the House in 2022 but they're trucking with a loser who turns off large swaths of voters.

Trump threaded the needle in 2016 because he ran against the most reviled candidate of all time - good for him. But as soon as he faced a candidate who wasn't loathed by millions of voters he lost. He lost to the senile corpse of Joe Biden. Then he basically sabotaged the Georgia runoffs costing the Republicans the Senate. And for this he is elevated in stature. As long as we have a two party system (which isn't going anywhere), the pendulum will swing from one party to another. It looks like the Left is going to go full retard so there will be plenty of folks looking for a correction in the next couple cycles. They should be met with a Republican alternative ran by rational adults and not a personality cult that repulses the majority of Americans.
                                perhaps one day you will accept that it has nothing to do with Trump, you still seem obsessed with him.

It's about what the MAGA and the America First agenda is, and anyone opposing that is basically a democrat.
                                Last edited by Kapture1; May 12, 2021, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X