Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    I'm guessing that at the time I probably was under the wrong impression he had flat out refused to sell them a cake.
    The baker was just standing up to the bullies. People hate bullies, but are usually pretty timid around them until somebody steps up and punches their lights out. Everybody loves to see that, and it was probably a good business move.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Right. I think Coke is an encouraging example. I wish there were more. I suspect there will be if certain companies continue their course.

This is the problem they have if they really interject themselves into political debates. I mean, again, we all know "Jim Crow on Steroids" was utter fucking bullshit. Still, they lined up to to boycott/punish Georgia. But, there was a recoil as more people actually learned the facts. At some point Corporations should understand that The Left will be forever and implacably hostile to them and that going Woke makes them ginormous targets or more conservative populism. You can't piss everyone off. And, again, that's the problem that, e.g., Michael Jordan (and almost all corporations) have appreciated for decades.

I hope Coke isn't a blip or exception.
      I think these "Woke" corporations were hoping the markets would not dip enough due to their wokeism...and/or it would be short lived...this will ultimately depend on money...as it usually does...if they can be woke and still satisfy the shareholders...then they will. If being woke makes em broke as they say...well they will adjust. It's about the mula not some deep rooted love of wokeism...these heads of corporations making these woke decisions probably felt they were being painted into a corner by BLM and the woke culture...but they...IMHO...underestimated the market reaction of a majority of Americans to this bullshit. It comes down to money...as it almost always does with anything in life...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

I think these "Woke" corporations were hoping the markets would not dip enough due to their wokeism...and/or it would be short lived...this will ultimately depend on money...as it usually does...if they can be woke and still satisfy the shareholders...then they will. If being woke makes em broke as they say...well they will adjust. It's about the mula not some deep rooted love of wokeism...these heads of corporations making these woke decisions probably felt they were being painted into a corner by BLM and the woke culture...but they...IMHO...underestimated the market reaction of a majority of Americans to this bullshit. It comes down to money...as it almost always does with anything in life...
        Money does rule in the long run, but markets can remain irrational for a long time. Enough to do a lot of both economic and social damage. I'd rather it not take a stock market or economic collapse for money to be tight enough that Republican opinions are allowed in the Town Square again and Fortune 500 companies can no longer afford to discriminate against white people in the name of "diversity".
        Last edited by Hannibal; May 19, 2021, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• Speaking of institutions that are being completely obliterated in the name of woke hilarity:

And here you guys were thinking the world was laughing at us under Trump.

The comments on the video at least give me hope.

China: Discipline
          Russia: this is how bullet works
          America: I have 2 moms
          Last edited by Hannibal; May 19, 2021, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            And I would say that Jon is correct on something: Facebook. There's an account on twitter that keeps track of the 10 most shared articles on Facebook and every single day at least 7 out of 10, often 10 out of 10, are from conservative websites. Ben Shapiro, Daily Wire, Breitbart, Dan Bongino are all mainstays. MSM sources almost never.

Eh, we shouldn't confuse our resident neo-nazi apologist with data he knows he can't refute. It sends him spiralling into his standard "facts be damned I'll try to demean" schtick. His inability to respond to facts or make thoughtful arguments explains why he can't cut it in private practice. Perhaps Stan will mentor him.
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Talent and Hanni- If you ever see a food truck around town called Slab, they have a version of a French dip using slow cooked rib meat, havarti cheese, on a toasted roll. Highly recommended. First time ever trying these guys. And their Mac and cheese is among the best I’ve ever had from a food truck.

Comment

• Sounds like I'll have a heart attack two hours later.

Comment

• That sounds fantastic, DSL. I’m officially on the lookout.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                    Speaking of institutions that are being completely obliterated in the name of woke hilarity:

And here you guys were thinking the world was laughing at us under Trump.

The comments on the video at least give me hope.
                    We’re completely fucked.

Comment

That sounds fantastic, DSL. I’m officially on the lookout.
                      Seriously was pretty impressed and I eat out a lot. Most of the menu revolves around ribs and there were definitely some other things I'd like to explore. There's a brewery in downtown Pickerington called Combustion that they've been coming to every Wednesday but this was my first try. I guess they're also opening a permanent location at yet another brewery that recently opened called Eastside in downtown Reynoldsburg near city hall. Never been, didn't even know it existed, and the guy that owns it also owns Buckeye Lake Brewing 25 minutes east of me

More info than anyone ever needed. Happy to oblige.

Comment

• 35 House Republicans vote in favor of a bipartisan commission to investigate Jan 6.

Honestly? More than I was expecting after Trump and McCarthy were reportedly muscling the votes any way they could. An interesting mix too. Every Rep who voted to impeach Trump supported the commission, obviously, but 25 others joined them. Including 2 out of 3 from Nebraska, one from Idaho, two from Utah, one from Arkansas, etc. etc. How many more would've done so if they would have guarantee of no primary threat?

Comment

• I checked out their schedule. My son plays for a Pickerington team, so if we ever have a Saturday game I’m there.
                          Last edited by iam416; May 19, 2021, 08:49 PM.

Comment

I checked out their schedule. My son plays for a Pickerington team, so if we ever have a Saturday game I’m there.
                            Ha, well if the sport is being played at Pickerington Central's Stadium, Combustion is an easy walk from there. There's a Romeo's Pizza in the same building too if BBQ/Ribs aren't in the whole family's wheelhouse.

Comment

• Unfortunately, his games are at Pick North.

Comment

• Heh. Well ain’t much that’s walkable from Pick North except corn fields. But you turn south on Pickerington Road at the intersection with Refugee and you’ll go right by the brewery when you cross the rr tracks

Comment

Working...
                                X