Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuckin pick north
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I wonder if we'll ever get a bipartisan house committee investigation into all of the Black Lives Matter riots and Antifa activities around the country. Nahhh. Let's investigate the people who broke a few windows, dressed in funny clothing, took selfies, and made AOC cry. Shooting one of them wasn't enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        I wonder if we'll ever get a bipartisan house committee investigation into all of the Black Lives Matter riots and Antifa activities around the country. Nahhh. Let's investigate the people who broke a few windows, dressed in funny clothing, took selfies, and made AOC cry. Shooting one of them wasn't enough.
        Government overreaction in defense of leftism is always acceptable.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          I wonder if we'll ever get a bipartisan house committee investigation into all of the Black Lives Matter riots and Antifa activities around the country. Nahhh. Let's investigate the people who broke a few windows, dressed in funny clothing, took selfies, and made AOC cry. Shooting one of them wasn't enough.

Serious question Hanni. If Trump had won and BLM had stormed the Capitol on January 6th, would the GOP have voted against a bipartisan commission to investigate? That speaks volumes to their hypocracy and unfortunately their dedication to cult over country. The Dems spinelessly caved in on every demand McCarthy made and he and Moscow Mitch still won't take yes for an answer. Al-Qaeda would have voted against the 9/11 Commission to hide the truth and protect the guilty. Today's GOP has the same moral and ethical equivalency.

A bipartisan commission to investigate BLM riots? Sure, no objections. It's completely irrelevant to the attack on American democracy of January 6th. But have at it if you feel its that important.
          Last edited by Ghengis Jon; May 20, 2021, 05:47 AM.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• There is no shortage of hypocrites in DC on both sides of the aisle. When/if sane people on both sides start talking to each other, and shut down the extremists on both sides, maybe some progress can be made. Problem is, neither side is willing to shut down their wackos yet. Dems love to pat AOC, Tliab and Omar on the head while they talk their stupidity, and GOP'ers do the same with their 'trumpers'. And the MSM checked out on fairness years ago.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• So what are either side doing to rein in their 'radicals'? When one side engages in hypocritical stupidity, the other side tries to outdo them? For me, I would no sooner vote for Jim Jordan than I would for AOC. Why is this a minority view?

A two term limitation is in order for Congress - one in office and one in prison.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• There is no shortage of hypocrites in DC on both sides of the aisle. When/if sane people on both sides start talking to each other, and shut down the extremists on both sides, maybe some progress can be made. Problem is, neither side is willing to shut down their wackos yet. Dems love to pat AOC, Tliab and Omar on the head while they talk their stupidity, and GOP'ers do the same with their 'trumpers'. And the MSM checked out on fairness years ago.
                If you expect politicians to not engage in hypocrisy then I don't know what to tell you. That's the deal. They do it. Extreme, normal and everyone in between. Make your peace with it and figure out if you agree with the policy position. Whether an advocate for a policy position is a hyprocite or not is irrelevant to merit of the position. Complaints about the voice of the message are usually because they haven't got much to say about the message itself.

For that matter, the nutjobs don't matter either -- the policies do. Look at what each side is advocating as a policy and, in fact, trying to implement or has tried to implement. The "extremists" only matter if they're driving policy.

Comment

• Appropos of probably nothing, but both a Politico poll and Economist/YouGov have "Wrong Track" in the plus territory (while Biden has a modest plus approval rating).

This article I like because it is basically my opinion of Kamala Harris and the Ds desperate effort to make her into something she is not -- a good politcian: https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...arris-problem/

Transparently insincere pretty much sums up her most fundamental flaw as a politician (IMO) and why, IMO, she failed so miserably in the D Primary when much of the party desperately wanted her to carry the day and allow them to jettison Chairman Joe.

Comment

• The weird thing (historically) about the right track/wrong track polling is that the President's personal approval rating is almost always a good bit higher than the number of people that say we're on the right track.

Also the last time a majority of Americans thought we were on the "right track" was, very briefly, the summer of 2009. For almost the past 12 years, "wrong track" has ranged between 50-70% with spikes in the Fall of 2011, late 2013, the second wave of covid last summer, and then between Jan 6 and Inauguration Day. I'm pretty sure the Fall of 2013 was the Ted Cruz-led govt shutdown...don't remember what was going on in 2011 off the top of my head other than just general economic blahs.

Comment

• I read that Cooke article yesterday and it was a bit of welcome news to see how deservedly bad her numbers are. I'm becoming more confident that the only way she'll become president is if Biden doesn't make it through his first term for medical reasons. And if that's the case, the top aides need to go full Weekend at Bernie's.

Comment

• Oh sure. Things are never heading in the right direction. And you're right re Approval being more important although, as you noted, they're obviously related, just that Approval tends to be higher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          I read that Cooke article yesterday and it was a bit of welcome news to see how deservedly bad her numbers are. I'm becoming more confident that the only way she'll become president is if Biden doesn't make it through his first term for medical reasons. And if that's the case, the top aides need to go full Weekend at Bernie's.
                          Yeah. I'm no fan of her policies. But, whatever. The Ds are going to nominate someone in 2024 that is of a like mind. I'm more personally turned off by how bad she is at politics and how she seemingly fails up. I mean, she was fucking awful in the D Primary. AWFUL. And she's not much better now -- I mean, she's generally not asked to talk, so that makes it better.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Oh sure. Things are never heading in the right direction. And you're right re Approval being more important although, as you noted, they're obviously related, just that Approval tends to be higher.
                            Heh, yeah it's a bit like congressional approval ratings. 80% of people say they can't stand Congress and then 80% of Congress gets reelected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Heh, yeah it's a bit like congressional approval ratings. 80% of people say they can't stand Congress and then 80% of Congress gets reelected.
                              Yep. Everyone loves their rep, it's all the other ones who suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Yeah. I'm no fan of her policies. But, whatever. The Ds are going to nominate someone in 2024 that is of a like mind. I'm more personally turned off by how bad she is at politics and how she seemingly fails up. I mean, she was fucking awful in the D Primary. AWFUL. And she's not much better now -- I mean, she's generally not asked to talk, so that makes it better.
                                It's like they've sent her off to some "future candidate incubator".

Comment

Working...
                                X