No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm glad that we can rely on the media to "debunk" those out there conspiracy theories.

Comment

• Paul Krugman, a "favorite" here, writes for the NYT. I hate that source for a number of reasons but mostly becasue the good stuff that is occasionally within is paywalled. You should be able to read his opinion piece at this link.

Paul Krugman writes that if American democracy falls, it won't because of the crazies but because of the Republican careerists.

Krugman opines that Democracy is endangered and the fundamental problem lies less with the R crazies than with R spineless careerists who won't call out false claims that Trump won in a landslide and the election was stolen because, well, those claims are false.

He has a point.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The censoring of content that is objectionable to the elites is ubiquitous too.

Yesterday, the WSJ had an editorial urging the SC to take up the Asian-American case against Harvard's admissions standards. In the "replies" section of online WSJ (where readers post) , the conversation turned to IQ differences among the races. One guy asked, "Where did you ever get that information?". I had not been part of the conversation, but I posted three words: The Bell Curve. I was advised that my content violated some rules the WSJ had against hate speech.

Only negative reviews of that book come up on google, but no one attacks the methodology or the data. Blacks as a group have a one standard deviation lower median IQ than whites. Yesterday, the Biden nominee to head the Civil Rights Division of the DOJ was approved 51-48 (Collins). This woman has written that blacks are physically, emotionally, and intellectually superior to whites. How can a person rebut her racism without using science?

I don't believe for a minute that the IQ difference in mass groups affects how smart a black co-worker may be. I also believe there are social conditions that affect IQ (the nature v nurture battle). But to ban the publication of scientific data is wrong and is part and parcel with the Wuhan lab virus leak suppression, the masking debate, or the Russian Hoax, for that matter. The Hegelian dialectic that posits "thesis-antithesis-synthesis" has been completely overturned in just the last five years or so. No "antithesis" is given the light of day. We should have seen this coming when any debate about human-caused global warming was stifled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
          So, in short, the menacing orange fascist cockholster just might have been right and the ever vigilant bastions of truth (aka "Journalists") were too obsessed with hate to even consider that observation?
          That's one way to say it. An accurate way.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
            Paul Krugman, a "favorite" here, writes for the NYT. I hate that source for a number of reasons but mostly becasue the good stuff that is occasionally within is paywalled. You should be able to read his opinion piece at this link.

Paul Krugman writes that if American democracy falls, it won't because of the crazies but because of the Republican careerists.

Krugman opines that Democracy is endangered and the fundamental problem lies less with the R crazies than with R spineless careerists who won't call out false claims that Trump won in a landslide and the election was stolen because, well, those claims are false.

He has a point.
            This is the assumption that the article is based on:

America’s democratic experiment may well be nearing its end. That’s not hyperbole; it’s obvious to anyone following the political scene. Republicans might take power legitimately; they might win through pervasive voter suppression; GOP legislators might simply refuse to certify Democratic electoral votes and declare Donald Trump or his political heir the winner. However it plays out, the GOP will try to ensure a permanent lock on power and do all it can to suppress dissent.
            He has no point. It's not only hyperbole, it's utter fucking garbage.The rest of OpEd doesn't disappoint in terms of it's preposterously partisan bullshit:

The contrast with the Biden team, by the way, is extraordinary. At this point it’s almost hard to find a genuine expert on tax policy, labor markets, etc. — an expert with an independent reputation who expects to return to a nonpolitical career in a couple of years — who hasn’t joined the administration.

Comment

• The hatred of anything Trump is no way to make policy. To say that you oppose anything that Trump favored is correctly called derangement.

Comment

• He has no point. It's not only hyperbole, it's utter fucking garbage.The rest of OpEd doesn't disappoint in terms of it's preposterously partisan bullshit:
                I think he does namely calling out R cucks like McCarthy for going along with the stupid bull-shit that the election was stolen and down playing the role of the crazies like Greene in the chaos that is the Republican Party.

Now, the rest of it is over-the-top. So what. That's Krugman's style. His main point is spot on.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Was the election stolen? The people telling me that it's a debunked conspiracy theory are the same ones telling me that the "lab leak' was a debunked conspiracy theory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                    Was the election stolen? The people telling me that it's a debunked conspiracy theory are the same ones telling me that the "lab leak' was a debunked conspiracy theory.
                    The same people telling me it was stolen also said they had uncontestable proof that millions upon million of illegal aliens voted in 2016 and that they would present the evidence any day now.

Venezuelan vote-switching machines combined with 10 million ballots made of bamboo shipped direct from Red China. The proof is coming. The proof is coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

I think he does namely calling out R cucks like McCarthy for going along with the stupid bull-shit that the election was stolen and down playing the role of the crazies like Greene in the chaos that is the Republican Party.

Now, the rest of it is over-the-top. So what. That's Krugman's style. His main point is spot on.
                      Right, so calling out Rs for not saying, at a minimum, there's no evidence it was stolen, is fair. But, the importance of that "calling out" depends on the hyperbole. His entire OpEd is that the "career" Rs are threatening American democracy -- not only threatening -- but the end is nigh. It's fucking bullshit.

I'll contrast -- I think Chairman Joe's "Jim Crow on Steroids" and the rest of the Ds utter lying about Georgia as "Jim Crow" is problematic for a host of reasons. But, I would never say it's a threat to American democracy (even though, I could easily gin up some bullshit that is way more believable than Krugman's shit). Nor do I think that centrist Ds failure to call out the bullshit is going to end American democracy.

I do think the Ds utter inability to stand up to the Woke and Woke talking lies is a problem, but it ain't the end of the Republic.

Comment

• But, to get back on point -- The Media utterly shamed anyone who spoke of the lab-leak hypothesis and did so by -- and this is the best part -- often citing the Wuhan Lab spokespeople. The Media literally sided with the CCP over, say, Senator Cotton.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                          The censoring of content that is objectionable to the elites is ubiquitous too.
                          On that note, I saw this in my morning news feed. An op-ed by a former high school track star in Connecticut that lost 4 previously held state titles to transgender runners.

Interestingly, it was originally published May 22 but updated yesterday with the editor's note: "This column has been updated to reflect USA TODAY’s standards and style guidelines. We regret that hurtful language was used." I'd love to know what "hurtful language" was taken out. Party of science!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/5149532001/

I was the fastest girl in Connecticut. But transgender athletes made it an unfair fight.

When I was forced to race male bodies on the track, colleges didn’t see the fastest female in Connecticut. They saw a second- or third-place runner.

"The CIAC allows transgender athletes to compete in girls’ and women’s sports. As a result, two transgender athletes began racing in girls’ track in 2017. In the 2017, 2018, and 2019 seasons alone, these runners took 15 women’s state track championship titles (titles held in 2016 by nine different girls) and more than 85 opportunities to participate in higher level competitions that belonged to female track athletes.

Their bodies are simply bigger and stronger on average. It’s obvious to other girls on the track."

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Right, so calling out Rs for not saying, at a minimum, there's no evidence it was stolen, is fair. But, the importance of that "calling out" depends on the hyperbole. His entire OpEd is that the "career" Rs are threatening American democracy -- not only threatening -- but the end is nigh. It's fucking bullshit.

I'll contrast -- I think Chairman Joe's "Jim Crow on Steroids" and the rest of the Ds utter lying about Georgia as "Jim Crow" is problematic for a host of reasons. But, I would never say it's a threat to American democracy (even though, I could easily gin up some bullshit that is way more believable than Krugman's shit). Nor do I think that centrist Ds failure to call out the bullshit is going to end American democracy.

I do think the Ds utter inability to stand up to the Woke and Woke talking lies is a problem, but it ain't the end of the Republic.
                            I would call massive vote dumps that went 100% for Biden, secret vote counts that occurred after Trump observers had been kicked out (verified in Atlanta by video), multiple states counting votes immediately after they had publicly said that they were suspending the vote counts, the city of Atlanta lying about a pipe burst as a reson to suspend vote couting, and hundreds of sworn affadavits from people who have never wavered from their stories to be evidence. Or at least anomalies worth exploring. It's kind of hard to find evidence beyond that when the system has been designed to not be auditable or traceable, don't you think?

FTR I have never bought into any voting machine rigging conspiracy theories. But ballot box stuffing via mail-in ballots is a real possibility, and that possibility was designed into the system on purpose by Democrat-run legislatures and/or Democrat secretaries of state (who in some places violated their own state's laws on mail-in ballots).
                            Last edited by Hannibal; May 26, 2021, 09:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              But ballot box stuffing via mail-in ballots is a real possibility, and that possibility was designed into the system on purpose by Democrat-run legislatures and/or Democrat secretaries of state (who in some places violated their own state's laws on mail-in ballots).
                              Georgia and Arizona both have R majorities in both houses and Georgia also has an R SOS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

Georgia and Arizona both have R majorities in both houses and Georgia also has an R SOS.
                                This is true, but Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania all have Democrat executive branches. In all of the states with questionable vote counts, the shenanigans occurred in Democrat-controlled metropolitan areas, and in Atlanta and Detroit's case, Biden got massive vote dumps a couple of hours after Repubilcan observers had been either tricked into leaving or forcibly removed.

Comment

Working...
                                X