Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

How does the system catch fraud? Inspection by people. What happens if the people are partisan? You allow the opposition to oversee them. What happens when the opposition is not allowed to oversee the process or witnesses shenanigans or, as in the case of Wayne County, kicks everyone out and doesn't allow cameras?

Affidavits aren't hard evidence, but they are at least a start. If, in the course of a few days, people who have never met each other within the span of two or three days all describe similar shenanigans and risk their careers (and maybe even their safety) to do so, I'm willing to listen. Many of these people gave sworn testimony in state legislatures, and their stories didn't change. In the case of DeKalb County, Georgia, the video surveillance matched the stories perfectly. We don't know about other states, because we didn't have cameras there.
    Wayne County didn't kick out everybody. The votes weren't counted in secret. Way more observers showed up than were supposed to be there, for both sides, and some eventually got the boot. The limit under state law was 134 for each party and both sides had well over 200 people in the room.

This has been litigated again and again and again.

Over a span of 24 hours, Detroit landed at the epicenter of the historic presidential election. And things got real ugly when Joe Biden took the lead.

Comment

• “The failure to get our inspectors on the ground in those early months will always hamper any investigation into the origin of COVID-19,” Biden said in a statement on Wednesday.
      I mean, JFC. JESUS. FUCKING. CHRIST.

The Media and The Left and Chairman Joe widely and completely dismissed the Lab Leak Theory "in the early months" and, well, up to about yester-fucking-day. They made it impossible for anyone to push that theory by calling them conspiracy theorists and racists. They swallowed the Chinese story whole hog. But, yeah, the failure to do exactly what you didn't want anyone to do is the problem. They had completely swallowed the "wet market" theory by then. JFC.

The problem doesn't have anything to do with the US -- the problem is fucking China. The problem is Xi. It's goddamn laughable that Xi would have let investigators into Wuhan -- I mean, even if the Left actually wanted to do that. It's laughable.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Facebook was especially aggressive in [censoring the Lab Leak Theory]. Last spring, the company flagged as false and then banned a New York Post column by Steven Mosher making the case for the plausibility of the lab-leak theory. Mosher argued that the virus’s emergence in a city where gain-of-function research was being conducted on coronaviruses found in bats, the Chinese government’s reaction to it, and the historical record all suggested that its proliferation in people might very well be due to human error in a laboratory setting.

Even still, Mosher did not claim to be speaking authoritatively, stating only that it “may have leaked from a lab” and offering his opinion that this was the most likely scenario by which the pandemic had begun. According to Post opinion editor Sohrab Ahmari, Facebook cited an assistant professor who had worked with researchers in Wuhan as an authoritative source on why Mosher’s column was factually mistaken. In truth, though, the ruling reflected only a single professional opinion, not the facts, per se.
        Yeah

Comment

• This article from The New Republic from June 2020 is motherfucking priceless. https://newrepublic.com/article/1581...ed-coronavirus

As the United States struggled to contain the initial onslaught of the coronavirus pandemic, a few conservatives peddled an outlandish theory to explain the origins of the disease. The virus, they claimed, did not emerge in the Wuhan market where most experts believed it had appeared, but at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, a research laboratory about eight miles away.*
          I couldn't make this shit up if I tried.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Wayne County didn't kick out everybody. The votes weren't counted in secret. Way more observers showed up than were supposed to be there, for both sides, and some eventually got the boot. The limit under state law was 134 for each party and both sides had well over 200 people in the room.

This has been litigated again and again and again.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...xt/6195038002/

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ng/6173577002/
            It hasn't been litigated. It has been dismissed.

The Freep story verifies that many Republican observers were forcibly removed for reasons like "being too aggressive" or "not socially distancing". Or for taking pictures. What the hell is wrong with taking pictures? Every single vote counting center should have a multitude of cameras monitoring the votes coming in and being counted. Some of the shenanigans occurred overnight when the crowd wasn't there, such as vehicles showing up with huge boxes of ballots from God knows where, and chain of custody not being followed. Did that really happen? I don't know. I wasn't there, but people who risk being thrown into prison if they lie about it were, and these votes were being counted in notoriously corrupt places like Wayne County and Atlanta. You and your fellow Democrats act is if voter fraud and stolen elections have literally never happened when, in fact, they have.

Some of those observers testify that they were thrown out for complete bullshit reasons or, in one guy's case, told to take a lunch break and then the door got locked behind him. Once again, I'm willing to listen to folks who are knowingly putting their careers and livelihoods at stake by telling these stories publicly, and who will be aggressively prosecuted if they get the color wrong of the shirt that they were wearing that day. People like Marissa Carone, if they are making it up, take a massive risk coming forward and being exposed to the same two tier justice system that had people like Roger Stone and Michael Flynn thrown into prison for process "crimes" that occurred during a completely phony witch hunt.

And I'll reiterate that the same people debunking all of people like Marissa Carone's claims are the same ones who debunked the "Wuhan lab virus" theory as a wackadoodle conspiracy idea just last year. Why should I believe any "fact checking" at this point?
            Last edited by Hannibal; May 26, 2021, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

It hasn't been litigated. It has been dismissed.

The Freep story verifies that many Republican observers were forcibly removed for reasons like "being too aggressive" or "not socially distancing". Or for taking pictures. What the hell is wrong with taking pictures? Every single vote counting center should have a multitude of cameras monitoring the votes coming in and being counted.

Some of those observers testify that they were thrown out for complete bullshit reasons or, in one guy's case, told to take a lunch break and then the door got locked behind him. Once again, I'm willing to listen to folks who are knowingly putting their careers and livelihoods at stake by telling these stories publicly, and who will be aggressively prosecuted if they get the color wrong of the shirt that they were wearing that day.
              The Freep story confirms that Democrat observers got locked out too. And that there were may more observers than there were supposed to be. And not one fucking observer should be taking pictures or filming anyone in that room. That's not their fucking role. If any of them got thrown out for THAT, then that's following the law exactly. You see no problem with letting political operatives into the vote counting room and taking pictures of ballots with people's names on them?

I'm done going over the exact same complaints you made 6 months ago. They are no more legit than they were in November.

Talent wants to talk about China. Move on with your life and engage him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

The Freep story confirms that Democrat observers got locked out too. And that there were may more observers than there were supposed to be. And not one fucking observer should be taking pictures or filming anyone in that room. That's not their fucking role. If any of them got thrown out for THAT, then that's following the law exactly. You see no problem with letting political operatives into the vote counting room and taking pictures of ballots with people's names on them?

Talent wants to talk about China. Move on with your life and engage him.
                You can/'t see people's names with cameras more than a few feet away. The pictures and videos aren't to record names and ballots. They are to record the actions of the people handling and counting the ballots.

Without cameras, all that's left is after-the-fact testimony, which Republicans provided in droves. But for you, that's not good enough.

Except for Georgia. Remember DeKalb Country? That is the one place where camera surveillance was presented, and it fully verified the claims made by the people who were lied to by the officials who said that the vote count was going to be suspended until the morning. Were those cameras not there, you would be dismissing the stories of the people who got booted from that room too.

Comment

• see what happens with maricopa cpounty then move on

like hannibal says--the amount of bombshell evidence out there thats been reported as fact from 90% of the media boggles the mind since trump went down that escalator.

The number of slam dunk stories claimed to be true by the dem side only to wind up nothing but a load of bullshit spewed ad nausaum by almost every media outlet

so to now believe the media/dem view that this election also was a slam dunk is laughable

from the kids of covington, to the george floyd martyring to russia probe to ukraine hoax to hunter biden, to the assault on of stone to the general flynn debacle to bounty hunting american soldiers to covid being released from a bat market to the celebration of cuomo as the next hero to the cover ups of biden for 6 months to the denial that trump actually is the hero of the covid crisis to trump would lose by 10-15% to the "border crisis trump created, to the etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

but CDGSVLT says otherwise so maybe this is the one they got right
                  Last edited by crashcourse; May 26, 2021, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• You see no problem with letting political operatives into the vote counting room and taking pictures of ballots with people's names on them?
                    I've been voting in elections since the Michigan Primary in 1972. I've never voted on a ballot with my name on it. The only time my name has appeared is on the slip of paper I signed with the county clerk, requesting to be given a ballot. That has never been placed anywhere near my ballot.

Seems to me that if we want completely transparent elections, picture taking shouldn't be a big deal. Take all the pics you want, I'd say.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It might be different on a mail in ballot? I don't know, just throwing it out there. Seems like they'd have to match the ballot to a name on the roll.

But at any rate, everyone hates to lose a close contest and bitches ad nauseam about it. Be it a sporting event or election, everyone was robbed!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I've been voting in elections since the Michigan Primary in 1972. I've never voted on a ballot with my name on it. The only time my name has appeared is on the slip of paper I signed with the county clerk, requesting to be given a ballot. That has never been placed anywhere near my ballot.

Seems to me that if we want completely transparent elections, picture taking shouldn't be a big deal. Take all the pics you want, I'd say.
                        The paper absentee ballots would have names on them or at least names on the envelopes associated with those ballots. And no, political operatives should not be empowered to an extent that they act like supervisors of the election staff in the counting room. If they see a problem, they report it to the local party and they can decide if it rises to the level that they want a recount or audit or what.

And for the record, taking pictures or video by outside observers in either the polling place or the counting room is against the law in both Michigan in Ohio. I can't imagine there's a state that allows it. Now I do think it's a good idea to have cameras in the counting room overseen by the officials, NOT 3rd party hyperpartisan agitators.
                        Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; May 26, 2021, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          It might be different on a mail in ballot? I don't know, just throwing it out there. Seems like they'd have to match the ballot to a name on the roll.

But at any rate, everyone hates to lose a close contest and bitches ad nauseam about it. Be it a sporting event or election, everyone was robbed!
                          Yes, and some people are particularly bad losers, especially when their tv game show fails to win an Emmy or their bid to own the Buffalo Bills gets rejected.

Comment

• Yer a loser
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You're a Nebraska football fan

Comment

• They already saw what happened in Maricopa County. Numerous times.

All. ALL of the "bombshell evidence" has been debunked. All of it. Unless or course, you are a conspiracy believing cult member.

He fucking lost.

Quit being a dumbass.

And you fuckers couldn't see why The Orange Menace was the biggest threat to our democracy (I know, Democratic Republic) in our lifetimes.

You have dumbasses that actually believe his bullshit.

But..The Meeeeeeeeeeeeediaaaaaaaaa

Jesus.
                                Last edited by CGVT; May 26, 2021, 04:48 PM.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X