No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geraghty on the simple likelihood of the origin theories with a few new points. Good stuff. https://www.nationalreview.com/the-m...ing-covid-bat/
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Jon - do you really believe that the MSM would have done anything that Trump asked them to do?

If the MSM as a whole, was standing in the road, with a speeding Greyhound bus bearing down on them, and Trump hollered out at them to "get out of the way", they'd stand there defiantly and refuse to do so because they hate the orange man. As entertaining as that sight may be, its an apt analogy of where the MSM was, and is, regarding Wuhan and the Covid outbreak. The MSM had a hissy fit when Trump tried to shut down flights from China to the US. It was "racist" to even suggest such a thing.

And here we are.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
        Liney, you don't think the US doesn't have / hasn't done bioweapons research? Really? Probably don't believe the CIA did hallucinagenic drug testing on both volunteers and unsuspecting soldiers. Or how about the US Army's venereal disease and transmitable virus research done specifically on unsuspecting black soldiers? That enough or need more verifiable examples?

Let's take Talent's ultimate boogieman, the media, at the risk of complementing the Trump administration. If (certainly is) the US intel community is watching the Wuhan lab (etal) through various means (humint, satint, commint), it is in our best interest to conceal our methodologies for a given target. If we are looking at a lab, have a souce(s) that can lead us to info we want, the intel community will use denial, misdirection and misinformation as cover. If the US has such an 'in', or can develop such an 'in', you don't think the US wouldn't use/encourage the media to cloak our interest in the lab or potential sources? Delusional fruitcakes who think "the media" blindly supports China are too intellectually shallow to even consider the US plays "the Great Game" much less uses whatever is available in its play.

Are you saying the Trump administration was far too stupid to even consider such a course of action? Or are you saying Trump so demoralized and emasculated our intelligence community that such a course of action was a non-starter? Or did Trump masterfully guided the media as a tool of intelligence gathering brilliance to cover the data collection in which the media should be commended for its cooperation?

"....the Chinese Communist Party thinks they can, and should, rule the world...." is an accurate statement. The rest is, well, tinfoil echo chamber stuff.
        of course we do, but our own government would deny it's existence as it violates several treaties that we are a signatory of.

The reason why Covid-19 wasn't a bio weapon, is because ideally, a bio weapon will burn itself out in the country of deployment. the last thing you want with a bio weapon is it to infect your own population.

Unless killing the old and and non-productive of the population was the goal, it wouldn't be the first time where a communist nation murdered millions of it's own citizens, on purpose. Gotta break some eggs to make that omelet.

Comment

• McConnell gets his way and no bipartisan Jan 6 commission...it would have been difficult to dismiss and shrug off such a report as partisan finger-pointing. Big number of absent Republicans who didn't even vote though (nine total)...maybe some a bit too ashamed to go on the record as having opposed it. When I look at who declined to even vote, it's mostly non-Trumpy Senators like Toomey, Blunt, and Shelby (who are all retiring).

Comment

• I don't buy any "intentional release" bullshit theory. Best guess -- it was created in a lab and somebody done fucked up.

Comment

• There was going to be nothing bi-partisan about it. It was going to be a completely partisan endeavor -- on both sides. It's a ginormously partisan issue.
              Last edited by iam416; May 28, 2021, 11:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                I don't buy any "intentional release" bullshit theory. Best guess -- it was created in a lab and somebody done fucked up.
                Correct. The Chinese fucked up.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  There was going to be nothing bi-partisan about it. It was going to be a completely partisan endeavor -- on both sides. It's a ginormously partisan issue.
                  It is far more partisan on the Democrat side. They had no intention of any kind of intellectually honest inquiry into the matter.

Comment

It is far more partisan on the Democrat side. They had no intention of any kind of intellectually honest inquiry into the matter.
                    LOL, Yeah, how could they not see that the mob was nothing more than tourists taking selfies.

JFC.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      There was going to be nothing bi-partisan about it. It was going to be a completely partisan endeavor -- on both sides. It's a ginormously partisan issue.
                      I assume you're not saying this because of the actual terms of the Commission agreement (which 35 House Republicans voted for). I assume you're saying ANY investigation into the causes and failures of Jan. 6 is ginormously partisan?

I don't think it should be that way but we are where we are.

Comment

• Liney - What I'm saying is there are things going on behind the scenes that you or I have no knowledge of. Manipulation of media is one. "MSM" is a tinfoil hat acronym. If you go by total viewership, FOX is one of the largest components of the "MSM". Did the media do a 180 on the Wuhan lab theory? Yep. Did they offer an explanation for the about face? Nope. Will they ever admit they were focused on clicks and views rather than get to the bottom? Probably never will. That we agree on.

Kap - I agree with alot of that. But I don't think you understand the blind support the Chinese gov't has of its people. One of my best friends is married to a woman from mainland China. Her father is a police chief of a major city (think Chicago in comparison) and a senior Party member. It took a lot of influence to allow her emmigration to the US to marry a US citizen. I am told that 98% (including herself) hold the belief that gov't control and influence over every aspect of life is the ultimate good with the same intensity a lot of Americans hold their 2nd amendment rights. The Chinese gov't can and will do anything, horrific or not, and have complete support of its people. There is no check and balance in China. Those bastards are a serious unrepentant threat to the world in the 21st century. (Cue talent's idiotic drivel how the Ds and media are the same in philosophy.)

Talent - You relly need to break out your Hooked on Phonics and work on your reading comprehension. No where was it stated or implied that The Media was encouraged to do anything by DJT and then do his bidding. It was that the media could easily be manipulated without their consent. I have to admit, your bumbling attempt at a response was the most laughably stupid thing I've seen in....I mean, years. It's so vapid you've outdone your usual infantile reponses. Nearly everyone here, along with folks all over the place, acknowledge the gross failure of The Media re the Covid origins. But you intentionally distort what you just read to "The Media's failures were done at DJT's bidding". LMMFAO. I mean....HFS, I couldn't make that shit up. Your childish and petty perchant for misconstruing what others state are on par with Chinese, no North Korean, propaganda. But please continue to be the Forum's resident horse's ass as you do provide a small modicum of entertainment to the rest of the posters here. (Yes I used some of your words here in an attempt to dumb down the post to a level of comprehension even you can understand.)
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• The negotiations for this Commission took place over the course of months. At NO point did McCarthy or McConnell state or even suggest that they were opposed to the very existence of an independent Commission. They were expecting Pelosi to not budge and the negotiations would fall apart and they could blame her for it instead of having to publicly admit that they were against ANY commission.

But then Pelosi screwed up their plans by giving them nearly every concession they were asking for. Heck, the Republican lead negotiator (Katko) knows very well he squeezed a great deal out of the Dems and was telling everyone that on TV. McCarthy forgot to inform Katko that he wasn't supposed to negotiate in good faith! Suddenly they needed a different excuse than "Pelosi won't budge!". That's when McConnell, for the first time, started saying how congressional committees do fantastic, worthwhile work (lol, by the way) and no commission was ever necessary in the first place. It was weak as hell, but hey, it worked well enough.

Sure, I'm a partisan person, like anyone else here. But I bet that's a hell of a lot closer to the truth than any hogwash about the Republicans demanding an "intellectually honest" approach

Comment

• The Democrats had no intention of conducting a legitimate investigation or holding legitimate fact-finding hearings. The easily refutable exaggerations and lies that they have told about the Jan 6 "insurrection" prove this. It would be a show trial like the sham impeachment hearings and the Russia collusion hoax.

The Republicans were stoopid and naive to play along. They always are.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; May 28, 2021, 01:24 PM.

Comment

The Democrats had no intention of conducting a legitimate investigation or holding legitimate fact-finding hearings. The easily refutable exaggerations and lies that they have told about the Jan 6 "insurrection" prove this. It would be a show trial like the sham impeachment hearings and the Russia collusion hoax.

The Republicans were stoopid and naive to play along. They always are.
                              The fact that you not only post this drivel but believe it is exactly why an investigation needs to be done.

Tourists taking sefies or was it Anteeeeeeeeeefaaaaaaaaa?
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I assume you're not saying this because of the actual terms of the Commission agreement (which 35 House Republicans voted for). I assume you're saying ANY investigation into the causes and failures of Jan. 6 is ginormously partisan?

I don't think it should be that way but we are where we are.
                                I'm saying the issue itself is ginormously partisan and there's really no way to paper it up with "independents." None.

Let Pelosi and the House do their investigation. They'll find what they find and we won't have to pretend it's some sort of neutral finding.

I don't need to bring you up to speed on the partisan nature of the right, but from your side it was a fucking "putsch" or "rebellion" or whatever the daft clowns on your side want to call it, and now we have to be vigilantly worried about "white nationalist terrorism." JFC.

PDJT's term was as hyper-partisan as it gets and this even was the crowning event.

So, no -- I don't think there's any such thing as an "independent" commission on this. I don't care if 15-20% of the House Rs voted for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X