No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know why froot is so very obsessed with liney?
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I've never gotten over his devastating putdowns of me. Hannibal and Lineygobiue aren't playing fair. Especially Lineygobiue, since he came back to the very forum after trouble with the snap, he has been very unfair.

Comment

• At least you have your reasons, I guess.

Comment

• How to Decimate Police Forces in Two Easy Steps

Call them racist goons, and blame them for crimes committed by violent ‘protesters.’

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...wo-easy-steps/

WANTED: Trained security professionals to deal with elevated levels of crime and mayhem at risk to their own life and limb, while getting called racist oppressors and potentially thrown under the bus by elected officials.

This has become the de facto employment notice for police around the country, and, unsurprisingly, cops and prospective cops don’t find it particularly enticing. Why would they?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Does anyone know why froot is so very obsessed with liney?
            Very Carl Nassib-like...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I guess we all have our obsessions.

Wizard is obsessed with tractors. Jeff is obsessed with his word processor. Strangelove is obsessed with his daily DNC faxes. Froot is obsessed with me.

Froot is like a hatchling,

When Mom Bird comes back to the nest, all the hatchling knows to do is open its mouth so Mom Bird can feed it. I guess he has tasked me with the job of feeding him.

It sucks, but I guess someone has to do it.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Just days after Lori Lightfoot declaired systematic racism a public health crisis.

A Progressive utopia.

Comment

• Seniors who remain unvaccinated could threaten their states' recoveries from the virus.

Comment

• In Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina and Tennessee, Georgia, Idaho and Missouri roughly 20% of seniors haven't received a single dose of the vaccine.
                    • In West Virginia and Wyoming, more than 20% haven't gotten their first doses.
                    Trump states= Dumbasses
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                      https://twitter.com/d_shavo/status/1406700940837728261

Just days after Lori Lightfoot declaired systematic racism a public health crisis.

A Progressive utopia.
                      It's almost comical to watch these progressives govern. If it weren't also so sad. It's comical to watch shoplifters clear out whole shelves in the Progressive Utopia of San Francisco. But, it's also sad to watch "brown folks" kill "brown folks" at record numbers in Chicago whilst the Mayor declares racism the public health crisis and whilst the cities around the country move to, at a minimum, decrease police funding.

There's almost no limit to The Left's Big Lie on racism.

Comment

• Saw some weather projections going into next week and there's talk about a "historic" heat wave in the Pacific northwest as a hot air "dome" settles in place. Could see all-time records broken in a lot of places but especially eastern Washington, eastern Oregon, and Idaho. Temps approaching 110 in places like Spokane and Yakima.

Comment

• Let's hope the heat dome continues for a couple of months and UDub in Seattle loses some outdoor practice time due to heat restrictions, Anything to help come September 11th when the Huskies come to Ann Arbor.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                            • In Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina and Tennessee, Georgia, Idaho and Missouri roughly 20% of seniors haven't received a single dose of the vaccine.
                            • In West Virginia and Wyoming, more than 20% haven't gotten their first doses.
                            Trump states= Dumbasses
                            How are the numbers around you in Russia, doing?

Comment

• Oh nooes! People aren't getting the shot!

IMPENDING DOOOM!

Comment

• In other news that doesn't involve the fucking debate over whether AAs get treated, handled, killed - whatever - at higher rates than other races by law enforcement, let's talk about inflation.

Markets took a dive last week on various Fed members worrying about inflation and being dumb enough to talk about it to the media. Of course a shit storm of stupid stores followed. Well, some of them were rational. My take, garnered from the tons of stuff I've read about inflation fears and the potential for rising interest rates..... a big deal for retired pukes like me..... is this:
                                • If Interest rates the Fed controls rise, and they will becasue zero is not a sustainable number if a reasonable about of inflation is to be baked into the US economy, they will be gradual and far enough away that the worrying about them now, although typical, isn't going to affect serious investors - see market gains on Monday and today - albeit Powel probably told people like Bullard to STFU.
                                • There are shortages of stuff. Be patient, you'll get your dishwasher ..... idiot. Don't go to Lowes and buy out store floor model appliances in the hope of profiting. All you'll do is prolong the misery for people that really need a new fridge and load your garage with shit that you won't be able to sell in a month or so.
                                • The shortage of computer chips is not insignificant. This too shall pass but it's going to take a while. Journalists writing in the Economist predict that and I trust them way more than I do the WaPo or NYTs. Expect to pay more for anything that has them ..... like everything.
                                • There's a "labor shortage" that is causing a wage price spiral (Econ 101). There is not a shortage of able bodied workers. I tend to believe that the "labor shortage" is not a result of unemployment benefits. It is partly but the griping about it is overblown. Most people, I am told, actually want to work - hard to believe but true. There are a lot of people who have quit low paying service industry jobs to take higher paying jobs where big companies have the bank accounts to pay higher wages. It might take longer to get your Big Mac or your fave local dinning establishment may be temporarily close but as the Pandemic dust settles, so will labor markets. You shall have all the Big Macs or McRibs you desire.
                                • And I want to be perfectly clear, progressive talk of increased government spending - in particular this thing that is mostly misnamed "The Infrastructure Bill" - is absolutely the wrong thing to do in the current economic environment. The US and global economy is recovering nicely, thank you. Stimulating it in a temporary inflationary environment will insure it become permanent making my retirement portfolio worth a couple of bucks ....and that sure isn't going to sustain my lifestyle for my few remaining years..
                                EDIT, Breaking: A recap of Fed Chairman Powell;s Congressional testimony today

Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; June 22, 2021, 03:12 PM.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X