No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another nice ranking game is to rank each Season's opening scene in terms of (a) overall quality; and (b) how well it conveys the theme of that season.

In that regard, Season 4 is a runaway winner. However, S5 moves into 2nd. S3 is third. And I then I think S1 and S2. I love McNutty (tip of the hat to Bubs) riding in the boat helping them rich folks, but I prefer Snot Boogie and "It's America".
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      I think Season 2 is criminally underrated. Everyone loves the drug side of things -- and rightfully so -- but Season 2 is great, too. I, in particular, love the full-on beauracratic pettiness in S2 that rings so fucking true.

The correct order of best seasons is: 4, 3, 2, 1, 5. I think 4 is a solid #1, 5 is a solid #5 and 3/2/1 are pretty close.
      Season 2 was great. The way D was killed in prison to try and make it look like a suicide was just great. And possibly Omar’s greatest season.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• But I agree with your overall rankings. Season 4 is stand-alone greatness - and it almost never happened. The show was almost cancelled after season 3. David Simon had to beg for it to be renewed.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Seasons 3 and 4 are filler. I couldn’t care less about the mayoral election or what’s-his-face teaching kids math. The only good seasons are when the squad was together doing squad stuff.

Comment

• Incorrect in every regard.

Comment

• Jeff Bezos just launched a giant dick to penetrate outer space, but only just the tip, and despite a lot of thrusting it was all over in a few minutes.

Comment

• You could delete seasons 3 and 4 from your library and absolutely nothing of value would be lost, and other than Idris Elba being missing, you could pick up Season 5 right after season 2.

change my mind

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                  Jeff Bezos just launched a giant dick to penetrate outer space, but only just the tip, and despite a lot of thrusting it was all over in a few minutes.
                  Per the numbers I have seen, it takes about 1.2 million pounds of fuel to get to space. Keep that in mind as they continue to lecture you about your carbon footprint and how you need to make sacrifices in your life to prevent all life on Earth from dying out.

Comment

• I'm not going to tilt at windmills, Hannibal. If you watched Seasons 3 an 4 and no interest in the storylines, overall themes, dialogue, character development and so forth, then there's really not much I'm going to say other than "to each their woefully wrong own."

So, to each their woefully wrong own.

Comment

• You’re wrong.

change my mind

Comment

• Barney Miller was better after Abe Vigoda left.

Change my mind.

Comment

Barney Miller was better after Abe Vigoda left.

Change my mind.
                          ...a Fish fan...that explains a lot...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I said the show was better without Fish, you nimrod. Now go stir the sloppy joe, it's burning

Comment

Barney Miller was better after Abe Vigoda left.

Change my mind.
                              youre right

the old guy jokes got old

which is why fish to spinoff never worked

Comment

• Former CEO of Colony Capital and the moneyman behind the Trump inauguration, Tom Barrack, arrested on a number of federal charges (Not pertaining to the inauguration which has long been a subject of scrutiny)

Govt claims Barrack and several others were acting as agents of the UAE govt both during the campaign and the early Trump administration to influence Trump's foreign policy. He's also accused of later lying to the FBI and obstructing justice.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/20/thom...al-charge.html
                                Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; July 20, 2021, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X