No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The vaccines are safe and effective. There's really no denying that. Well, I guess you could make arguments re long-term which are impossible to disprove at the moment, but otherwise -- safe and effective. Getting jabbed is a mild time inconvenience (two doses) and potentially a mild physical inconvenience (I felt mostly fine the day after my 2nd, so, meh). So, there's not a great deal of cost associated with getting it.

Covid, as we have learned, affects different ages groups differently. If you're young, then you're extremely unlikely to suffer significant adverse effects. Again, of course, there's the impossible to disprove long-term bullshit, but whatever.

So, you have a safe and effective vaccine that is of little cost to get and will protect you from a virus that...in a lot of people poses almost no serious risk. From a pure decision-making standpoint, I think each route is defensible. My family and I opted for vaccinations and I don't have a Covid care in the world. But, again, I'm not going to hop all over a 25-yr old for not getting vaccinated.

That said, criticizing the vaccines as not safe or not effective is nonsense contravened by a mountain of evidence.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If you have a .001% chance of dying from the vaccine, then you are as safe getting Covid-19 as you are getting the vaccine if you are 18 years old.

Comment

• I think that while the total deaths from Covid at age 18 aren’t that impressive, the down-time Illness from having covid is still a risk.

Further, by greatly reducing the risk that you get Covid, it likewise reduces the risk that you’ll transmit it to others - not only for those who didn’t get the vaccine, but the 10% who did get it, but for whatever reason did not achieve immunity.

So, even at 18, it reduces your own potential morbidity and reduces the morbidity and mortality of the general population.

It’s win-win, imo. I truly believe the more vaccine saturation we get, the sooner this fucked-up hand we’ve been dealt can return to a state of being slightly less fucked-up.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I do agree generally with that, but I also agree generally with Hannibal. It'd be great if we were at 100% vaccination, but given the cost calculations for certain age groups, I don't harbor a great deal of blame for them.

Comment

• It’s not about blame or lack thereof to me. Rather, just presenting an articulable rationale for all adults to vaccinate.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Fire in the building above Urban's Meyer's Pint House. Goddamn terrorist Michigan fans

Comment

• The fire would have caused more damage, but it left because it needed to spend more time with its family.

Comment

• All signs point to Urban Meyer running an insurance scam. He needs a full financial audit from the IRS ASAP. And then be sent to a Chinese prison camp.

Comment

• He's living in Jacksonville. Hell, has the man not suffered enough?

Comment

• LOL. Is Urban now “Florida Man”?

Comment

• Urban was ALWAYS Florida man. It’s no mistake he went to the Gators and later the Jags.

Comment

• Urban lives in the Pint House in Dublin? Is he Irish or something?

Comment

• Pope Urban gained sainthood by driving all the wicked serpents recruiting kids to Ann Arbor out of Ohio.

Comment

• You people make Strangelove look lucid.

Geraghty with a little column on vaccinations: https://www.nationalreview.com/the-m...cine-mandates/

Touches on (1) mandating an "emergency use only" vaccine; and (2) unvaccinated population distributions -- rural/ubran -- i.e., yeah, a 20% sounds terrible, but it's a rural county, the actual numbers are way low and people way spread out vs. a 55% rate in, say, Los Angeles County leaving over 4M unvaccinated and in close quarters.

Comment

• idiots
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X