No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In any event, we’re adding immunity with every case. The US is at something like 35M cases. That’s roughly 10% more to add on to the vaccinated.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I also think people should get jabbed. But at this point, I have zero interest in protecting them from their own decision. They wanna roll the dice? Knock yourself out.

I’m back to normal and have zero inclination to do deviate to help folks who have made basically informed decisions. Zero.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        I wonder why those graphs only show May to June? It’s useful to include the whole pandemic to see exactly where we are. And it’s be super interesting to see those states compared to, you know, NYC.

Borderline Fear Monkey shit.
        There are pockets of the country where it's not great. I'll just look at Arkansas. As of today, 1064 people are hospitalized for covid across the state. Roughly 20% of those are on ventilators. As best as I can find, the alltime peak for Arkansas was about 2 weeks after Christmas (when I and most of my family had it) when it peaked around 1350-1375 hospitalizations.

Data definitions and historical time series of data on patients now or ever hospitalized, in ICU, or on ventilator in Arkansas.

I'm not saying this is a disaster. I'm not calling for restrictions. I'm just saying it's clearly more widespread and hurting more people in certain parts of the country than 2-3 months ago.

According to this article from the New York Post, there were only 29 people in all of New York City hospitalized for covid as of sunday. NYC has a population more than 3 times larger than all of Arkansas. Cases are rising there too but so far hospitalizations are rare.

COVID-19 cases in the Big Apple are spiking as the Delta variant spreads — but so far it’s sending relatively few New Yorkers to the hospital. As of Sunday, city health department stati…

Comment

• Right, and there are more unvaccinated people in NYC in closer quarters (I looked at rates and population of each).

The point goes to your pockets point.

Comment

• Tom Cotton lands some heavy blows. A good reminder that, according to the CRT gurus, any public policy that leads to disparate outcomes is inherently racist.

The BLM Effect

The BLM Effect caused an even more shocking drop in policing, paired with a stunning rise in murder. From last summer to this winter, police in Chicago made 53 percent fewer arrests compared with the same period in 2019. Murder in the city rose by 65 percent. In New York, police made 38 percent fewer arrests and murder rose by 58 percent. In Louisville, Ky., police made 35 percent fewer arrests and murder rose by 87 percent. In Minneapolis, Minn., police made 42 percent fewer arrests and murder rose by 64 percent.

In 2020, hundreds of riots broke out nationwide, wounding over 2,000 officers, and inflicting nearly $2 billion worth of property damage. In Portland, Ore., rioters and anarchists took to the streets for more than 100 days in a row. The 2020 BLM riots were the most destructive in U.S. history.

The fair-weather protesters, who so fondly decry systemic racism, fail to see a cruel irony. If, as they claim, racist policy is defined solely by racially disparate outcomes, then their weak-on-crime proposals are in fact breathtakingly racist. When it comes to the morality of the rule of law, we should never take lectures from those who coddle criminals.

Comment

• Man, it's encouraging that this kind of shit (The BLM Effect) is being outed for exactly what it is. Facts are a mother.

Are liberals reading the NRO and writers like Cotton who contribute to it? Is Joe Biden.

I don't think so and that's a problem ...... until 2022 when voters sweep vulnerable D's in the House and Senate out of office. I'd also expect some local governments controlled by liberal D's will also be run out of town. At least I would hope so.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The BLM Effect needs to be front and center during the 2022 campaign along with the marxist poison of “critical theory”. The only thing that could slow down the R train next year is if the morons like MTG and the anti-vax wing suck all the air out of the room. Those are easy punching bags to run against.

A well focused national campaign against the leftist wackos should result in a huge ass-whooping. Here’s hoping they won’t fuck it up.

Comment

• jwpvAw96.png

Comment

• XAHae3ci.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      The BLM Effect needs to be front and center during the 2022 campaign along with the marxist poison of “critical theory”. The only thing that could slow down the R train next year is if the morons like MTG and the anti-vax wing suck all the air out of the room. Those are easy punching bags to run against.

A well focused national campaign against the leftist wackos should result in a huge ass-whooping. Here’s hoping they won’t fuck it up.
                      History is on the Republicans' side for sure. And redistricting will give them an additional edge. But on the other hand, most of the most vulnerable Dems got wiped out already in 2020. If I were gambling I would guess that the Republicans take the House but not in a sweeping fashion. Maybe about a 15 member majority.

The G amigos (Gaetz, Greene, Gosar, Gohmert) are the gift that keeps on giving. And of course there's Trump...as long as he's extremely prominent in the midterms (and it's in Dem interests to make him prominent) you will struggle to win back suburban votes. And the R's WILL need more suburban voters because the MAGA cultists have proven time and again too many of them stay home when Trump's not actually on the ballot.

Most people I read think the Dems can hold the Senate. Just not enough vulnerable Dems and too many bad Trump-endorsed candidates (i.e. Herschel Walker) could end up winning primaries. One Dem in potential trouble could be Hassan in New Hampshire, but that's mainly if Governor Sununu decides to run. And he hasn't made up his mind.

That's all assuming conditions late summer next year are basically like today.

Comment

• Trump is the wildcard. He clearly won't go away quietly. I like that his candidate lost the special election for the open Texas seat last week but I'm not holding my breath that his ilk won't prevent what should be huge gains in 2022.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          Trump is the wildcard. He clearly won't go away quietly. I like that his candidate lost the special election for the open Texas seat last week but I'm not holding my breath that his ilk won't prevent what should be huge gains in 2022.
                          Heh, the Texas candidate was Susan Wright. I saw an anonymous comment from a Republican that Trump wouldn't know Susan Wright from Susan Sarandon. Some advisor saw a poll that had her way up and put a bug in his ear that he could attach his name to the campaign and claim all the credit for her winning. It backfired.

Turnout was a pitiful 11% btw. Some speculation that at a few thousand Dems turned out for the other guy just to spite Trump.

There's a primary coming up here in Ohio next week, btw, and some think Trump endorsed the wrong guy. It's the Ohio 15th, Steve Stivers' old seat (and my district). Stivers himself is supporting a local state politician but Trump endorsed this guy Mike Carey. Carey's running as the ultimate outsider, dedicated to draining the Swamp, which is LOL funny because the dude's a career coal lobbyist. (Carey will probably end up winning though)
                          Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; July 29, 2021, 03:03 PM.

Comment

• 87h0kndf.jpg

Comment

• Can you translate that to Chinese please?

Comment

• Capitol Police/National Guard/Afghan Resettlement bill passed both chambers

No one in the Senate opposed it

About a dozen House members voted against it, but that's all. Mainly the "Squad" plus some Freedom caucus types.

Comment

Working...
                                X