Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

The recommendation of the booster shot doesn't bother me. It's the neverending move of the goalposts to get out of emergency mode.
    The recommendation of the booster shot doesn't bother me. It's the neverending move of the goalposts to maintain the emergency mode

There, fixed it for you..

Comment

• Not that anyone really cares about Afghanistan, but the Taliban will be in control of that entire country again sooner rather than later. Chairman Big Rig's assertions that the Afghan Army would do just fine have given way to, heh, threats that the international community won't recognize the Taliban. As if they fucking care.

All of this was 100% known when we withdrew. I assume everyone did it with eyes wide open. I'm still not sure on whether a very small cost (the few thousdand US troops there) was worth the benefit (a non-Taliban government in a remote country we don't really give two shits about).
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It's time to return our foreign policy to a pre-WWII state. Our mass foreign military was a 20th Century phenomenon that has outlived its usefulness.

Comment

• But our friends LOVE that we are the suckers who keep the world safe while they are free to be our conscience..

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
            But our friends LOVE that we are the suckers who keep the world safe while they are free to be our conscience..
            1. Nobody loves us

2. We're not keeping the world safe.

Comment

• Yep, we're the suckers. Everything is our fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                LA County's mask mandate limits growth of outbreak to 4X in one month! https://www.sfgate.com/coronavirus/a...n-16377379.php
                I think the science community is starting to reluctantly say what has been true all along... Those fabric masks don't do dick to stop Covid.

Comment

• St. Maarten on the Dutch side is beautiful this morning. I'm ignoring the clubbing inherent in the fear monkey narrative. That there is a fundamental political basis for it that underpins liberal progressive thought on how to organize civil society, regulate and govern it is undeniable.

Let's talk about FL. There are legitimate reasons to doubt the accuracy of COVID numbers. I don't take that view because the conclusions drawn from it doesn't comport with my COVID perspective that I've posted here - that I'm 4/10 on the troubled scale while "experts" are 9/10, climbing to 10/10 scared shirtless.

There's a lot of detail to hospital admission data that isn't disclosed in the raw figures being hyped. e.g. was it a COVID admission or an admission with another primary diagnosis that on intake, having received a routine antigen screening, with a positive for COVID was included in the admission data reported to CDC. What is the average admission to discharge time?

I won't dispute that raw COVID metrics suggest an increasing number of new cases and hospitalizations. I have and will continue to dispute the impact of that rise and whether it is significant enough for state and local authorities to impose returns to behavior and mobility restrictions. It seems to me that those measures, arguably unnecessary, are also fundamentally and IMO unlawfully restricting those that are immune either naturally or through vaccination to protect the unvaccinated who, in the case of the US, are too lazy or perfectly willing to ignore available vaccination information, court vaccine conspiracies, and aren't vaccinated.

There's a lot more to and data to support this particular line of reasoning that my phone screen input device doesn't allow me to provide. I hear a sigh of relief.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                    to protect the unvaccinated who, in the case of the US, are too lazy or perfectly willing to ignore available vaccination information, court vaccine conspiracies, and aren't vaccinated.

It's not a matter of being lazy
                    It's not a matter of "ignoring vaccination information"
                    It's not a matter of conspiracy

It is a simple assessment of risk. I am young, healthy, in good shape, and I avoid people at all costs.

If anyone wants to mandate that I have the vax, they can suck it. my body, my choice.

Comment

• It's your choice. You've thought this through. I respect your choice. It's the other 90% that I'm being told I have to do shit I don't think I need to do to protect this cohort.
                      Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; August 12, 2021, 10:53 AM.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• vaccination-laws-stonetoss-political-cartoon.png?fit=1000%2C1000.png

Comment

• My sunglasses don't work unless you wear yours!!!

5Z67RxiW.png

Comment

• There has been much debate over how to get the unvaccinated to get their jabs — shame them, bribe them, persuade them, or treat them as victims of mis- and disinformation campaigns — but who, exactly, are these people? Most of the coverage would have you believe that the surge in cases is primarily down to [...]Read More...

image-8-1.png

Comment

• Census data came out today for cities and finalized the counties too. 10 biggest cities in Metro Columbus and their growth since 2010. Columbus is the first city in Ohio with over 900k people since Cleveland in the early 50's. And it seems likely that by 2030 it'll pass Cleveland at its historical peak.

1. Columbus (905,748) +15.08%
                              2. Dublin (49,328) +18.15%
                              3. Grove City (41,252) +15.96%
                              4. Reynoldsburg (41,076) +14.44%
                              5 Westerville (39,190) +8.5%
                              6. Hilliard (37,114) +30.52%
                              7. Upper Arlington (36,800) +8.97%
                              8. Gahanna (35,726) +7.45%
                              9. Pickerington (23.094) +26.26%
                              10. Whitehall (20,127) +11.43%

And some other area cities that might be called suburbs if you're stretching things

Newark (49,934) +4.6%
                              Delaware (41,302) +18.84%
                              Lancaster (40,552) +4.57%
                              Marysville (25,571) +15.74%
                              Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; August 12, 2021, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• Oh and Justice Barrett turned down the Indiana U students who were trying to get the Supreme Court to block the school's covid vaccine mandate. She didn't even seek the rest of the Court's opinion, a pretty big signal there's not much appetite to stand in the way of school mandates.

Comment

Working...
                                X