Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Oh and Justice Barrett turned down the Indiana U students who were trying to get the Supreme Court to block the school's covid vaccine mandate. She didn't even seek the rest of the Court's opinion, a pretty big signal there's not much appetite to stand in the way of school mandates.
      and quite possibly that those who tried to block her nomination and confirmation were totally wrong about her.

She could be another stealth lib like Souter.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It's 100% certain the Ds tarring of ACB was egregiously wrong, but I'd put it at about 95% that's she's not a some sort of stealth Souter.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I've seen some people calling her a "communist" for her decision. Amy Commie Barrett, they're calling her. She's actually taking the limited govt position here of NOT intervening.

Comment

• Anywho, this morning I saw a big convoy of national guardsmen with tanks and armored vehicles heading for the Statehouse. I asked a big guy, bigger than you've ever seen, right out of central casting, what was going on. He comes over to me with tears in his eyes, this big tough guy crying, and he says "Sir! We are on our way to arrest Governor DeWine, Lt. Gov Husted, and the other traitors, SIR!". I was confused until I remembered what day it was.

THE TROOPS REMAINED LOYAL ALL ALONG!!!

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Comment

• The Durham probe (remember that?) will probably wrap up by the end of September unless Garland extends his authority (unlikely). It's now gone on several months longer than the Mueller investigation itself did. Reading this article it seems unlikely any high-profile prosecutions are coming. Rather than looking at the FBI it seems like they "may" prosecute people who provided false info to the FBI instead.

Comment

• A while back I posted that the US beat China in total gold Olympic medals (and total overall medals). Chinese media, though, has been reporting that they have the most gold medals because they add Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Macau to their totals even though they have separate Olympic committees and teams, and are viewed as separate by the IOC.

Typical of them of course, but it is just further proof that they will bend any fact or change any truth to bolster their agenda. Remember that always when thinking of Wuhan and Covid-19.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• After nixing Keystone and using his executive powers to take a number of other "green" initiatives, Chairman Big Rig is now asking OPEC to produce more oil. It seems that the American public may actually prefer cheaper energy to more expensive energy.

Now, I know the former stuff is, by and large, Chairman Big Rig virtue signaling (though, I'm sure the folks who lost jobs don't see much virtue in it). But, virtue-signaling or not, it's clear that the Left does not want the US to have any sort of energy independence if that independence means reliance on carbon-emitting fuels. And it's very clear that energy costs are borne regressively. Poor folks disprportionately pay for pie-in-the-sky clean energy policies.

But, this is the connundrum Chairman Big Rig is in -- appease The Party or appease the voters.

Comment

• Census-related, I enjoy scrolling through Most Populous US Cities by Decade: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ates_by_decade

The one surprise to me is how important St. Louis used to be. I would have never put that city on par with the likes of Detroit and Cleveland in the early 20th C.

It's still staggering to think that Cleveland was approaching 1M when Wichita has a larger city population in 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      yeah, when you count illegals, for sure.

Comment

• Detroit's mayor is griping about the census figures, as is "Rasheedah" Tliab. They claim that there are thousands of uncounted people living in houses with electrical power service working but they were uncounted. Of course these are totally in Democrat controlled areas. Not sure why Rasheedah is complaining about. She is in probably the safest Democrat controlled district in the state. Nancy Pelosi has a better chance of losing her seat than Tliab does.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the world, Biden's surrender to the Taliban is progressing nicely. The Taliban has overrun just about every area of Afghanistan that they lost to the Americans, including Fallujah. Next to fall will be Kabul itself. As a bonus the Taliban is taking possession of the billions of dollars of US equipment and supplies left behind when the Americans left. Ain't Biden's America great? At least when the US left Viet Nam they destroyed most of the usable equipment that they couldn't take with them.

Comment

• fWt4sK3c.png

Walking across the southern border illegally with Covid is allowed.

Comment

• They're ripping the band-aid off in Afghanistan. And no matter what Trump may say NOW, he's the one who got the ball rolling. And I mostly agree with what he had planned.

The Taliban is capturing equipment that we gave the Afghan army. We spent 20 years training and arming and financing them. What a great investment that all was.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              Census-related, I enjoy scrolling through Most Populous US Cities by Decade: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ates_by_decade

The one surprise to me is how important St. Louis used to be. I would have never put that city on par with the likes of Detroit and Cleveland in the early 20th C.

It's still staggering to think that Cleveland was approaching 1M when Wichita has a larger city population in 2020.
                              Buffalo being in the top 10 about a hundred years ago would also probably surprise people.

Also, I tend to think of L.A. being a post-WWII boomtown but they already had well over a million people and were in the top 5 in 1930.

Comment

• Trucker Joe has had a good response in Afghanistan though. He's sending 3,000 troops to cover the rest of the US retreat and final surrender. Next year at this time the Taliban will have its terror training camps re-established and churning out terrorists by the hundreds. And Trucker Joe says he's "surprised" that the Taliban is behaving this way.

Meanwhile, in Ho Chi Minh City, .. Viet Nam's government raises a glass toward Afghanistan and says, "well done".

Comment

Working...
                                X