No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completely missed this but an insane amount of rain fell about an hour west of Nashville yesterday. 15-17 inches in 24 hours in some places. One river that feeds into the Tennessee beat its old flood record by 12 FEET. At least 21 people were killed and could be dozens more.

Dozens were missing in Middle Tennessee after flash flooding rocked the area including Humphreys, Dickson, Hickman and Houston counties on Saturday.

Comment

• Our local TV stations here pretty much mimic the political views of their respective networks. ABC CBS and NBC affiliates pretty much toe the line of their parent network. There is a Fox local outlet that doesn't even have its own local news anchors, choosing instead to use the feed from the NBC outlet. I stopped watching all of them when all they could muster was doom and gloom about Covid.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Today the FDA could grant full approval of the Pfizer vaccine. Will this action have any affect on the microchip/DNA change/Jewish space laser crowd ?
        I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
          Today the FDA could grant full approval of the Pfizer vaccine. Will this action have any affect on the microchip/DNA change/Jewish space laser crowd ?
          Here’s your answer: Trump was in Cullman, Alabama for a rally this weekend. He essentially called it the Trump Vaccine and urged people to get the shot. He was booed.

Amid the state's low vaccination rate, former President Donald Trump told a rally to go get vaccinated against COVID-19, which some booed.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Cullman County went 88.15% for Trump in the 2020 election. So, this was about as pro Trump as you can get. Him getting booed is pretty amazing.

Alabama is still, I believe, the state with the smallest percentage of fully vaccinated people.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
              Cullman County went 88.15% for Trump in the 2020 election. So, this was about as pro Trump as you can get. Him getting booed is pretty amazing.

Alabama is still, I believe, the state with the smallest percentage of fully vaccinated people.
              People can support the shit out of him and think he is wrong on a particular topic. And can also be pragmatic enough to understand WHY he is pushing his vaccines.

What I like about Trump is he wasn't into forcing people to take the shot.

Comment

Today the FDA could grant full approval of the Pfizer vaccine. Will this action have any affect on the microchip/DNA change/Jewish space laser crowd ?
                Can't speak for them, but I still am firmly in the not getting it crowd.

Gotta have a control group as Strangelove pointed out, so that we can know the potential long term effects that have yet to be studied, as well as discovering any errors in it's design.

Comment

Bloomberg as a left speaking channel????? Do they have more than one channel that isn't business reporting? My uber conservative CEO had that playing on the TVs scattered about the office and nothing else.
                  Bloomberg’s primary news reporting is financial information. As is the case for CNBC and Yahoo Finance, which is typically neutral. Bloomberg has sub sections for politics, health, technology, etc. Their opinion pieces have leaned left IMO… specifically when Michael Bloomberg ran for president a few years ago.

It’s certainly not egregious like The Young Turks. Dare anyone to watch a YouTube video or two of their news reporting.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    Cullman County went 88.15% for Trump in the 2020 election. So, this was about as pro Trump as you can get. Him getting booed is pretty amazing.

Dumbasses for a variety of reasons.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• 5aHGO5oS.png

Comment

• DnE6QTFe.png

Comment

• Small sample size - Carribean, Yucatan peninsula, West Indies.....every port of call I'd ask a local about vaccine availability. Plenty of it. No one thinks it's safe and won't get the shots. If employment depends on it, most will. Resistance is strong.

Still, globally and in the US the pandemic is regional. That's not been widely recognized as a path forward in managing it. The excess mortality graph I posted yesterday is instructive to that end.

TBH, things are not as bad as we are led to believe they are by expert sources and the media that augments their crap. Wide spread vaccine resistance will make eradication impossible and substantial control difficult but contol can be obtained on a regional basis. Advocate for that approach

Unvaxed will bear the brunt of disease burden. Get used to people dying from COVID but keep in mind death is at the margins of the pandemic and made irresposibly outsized by people ignoring the facts and realities. Resist federal level recommendations meant to apply nationally on behaviors to protect the unvaxed from the natural consequences that result from their decision. Again, excess COVID related deaths will be regional and seeing that will be painful. A bit of Darwins's theory of natural selection. Those best adapted to the environment will survive. A tough reality to deal with. The natural course of the virus will play out to its predictable end point. Is what it is.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Mo Brooks got booed even louder than Trump when he suggested that the time had come to move on from the 2020 election and focus on 2022 and 2024 instead. And Brooks has been one of the most loyal-to-Trump members of Congress.

Comment

• vEccTErM.jpg

Comment

• Getting booed by your loyalists isn't anything extraordinary. In fact, it's going to be pretty common in Ann Arbor this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X