No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not so much a "false equivalency" as just an outright LIE, Tom. But, that's the Left does.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Hopefully the Republicans who still have their senses about them can defeat this quackery. This bill goes well beyond the covid vaccine. The anti-vaxxers (who are against ALL vaccines at heart) have snuck into the bill a repeal of the law requiring college students to get meningitis and hepatitis shots if they want to live in campus housing. But yes, the bill would also make it illegal for a hospital or a nursing home to require employees to get a covid vaccine. The whole shebang

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/...se/8182383002/

Comment

• It's not going to be a law.

Comment

• If the police responded to BLM rioters with the same force/threat ratio as they responded to Ashli Babbit, we would have been stacking them like piles of firewood the streets last year and burying them in mass graves.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            It's not going to be a law.
            I hope you're right

Random foreign news:

* The CIA Director secretly met with Taliban leadership in Kabul yesterday. No details

* Kamala Harris' flight from Singapore to Vietnam was delayed almost 4 hours. No explanation given as of yet except to say it doesn't involve Afghanistan and it wasn't a health issue. Extremely unusual on a foreign tour.

* Between the US and Coalition almost 22,000 were evacuated from Kabul in past 24 hours. 58,000+ in the past 10 days.

Comment

• Dr. StrangePsaki....is that you?

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

I'll also never believe that the young unarmed woman crawling thru an office transom deserved to die for doing so. The officer was armed. All he had to do was point his weapon, and tell her to get down. HE was armed. SHE was not. He had all the advantages. Deadly force was just as unnecessary there as it was in the George Floyd matter. The only difference being skin color. She was white, .. so deadly force was 'justified'. Floyd was black .. unjustified.

Jan 6 was not in any way, shape or form, an attempted coup of the US government. It just wasn't.
                I don't think she "deserved" her fate and I'm not "happy" about her death but the officer had his gun drawn and aimed at them for a long time before she hopped through the window. She clearly wasn't listening and as far as that cop (or whomever he was) knew, that mob has just beaten their way through hundreds of cops to get that far inside. There were still members of Congress inside the chamber. There is zero reason to be confident that a mob of lunatics who were willing to beat cops into unconsciousness wouldn't dare raise a hand against cowering Congressmen whom they considered traitors and had erected a mock gallows for outside.

You know who really let Ahsli Babbit down? Who used her and discarded her for their own ends?

The people who convinced her that interrupting the electoral vote count would make Donald Trump President another 4 years. The people that convinced her that Mike Pence could single-handedly choose the next president if he only had the courage to do so. The people that convinced her that Trump's victory was "stolen" from him.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  Dr. StrangePsaki....is that you?
                  Ouch

Comment

• Kamala Harris' flight from Singapore to Vietnam was delayed almost 4 hours. No explanation given as of yet except to say it doesn't involve Afghanistan and it wasn't a health issue.
                    Maybe they forgot about the POW camp that her plane has to fly over on approach to the airport. Of course she wouldn't see it anyway. Too busy giggling about US citizens trapped in Afghanistan and all that ...
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• There were Congressmen in the chamber? The rioters weren't entering the chamber. Ashli Babbit was crawling through a fairly narrow opening into a barricaded hallway that had nothing but secret service agents in it. The man who shot here was not directly in front of her, so there was no way for her to see the gun. She was unarmed and it's obvious in the video that she has no weaopns in her hands, both of which are in use getting her through the windo.

A reasonable person could not possibly conclude that a woman slowly climbing through a narrow opening and wielding no weapons posed a threat to anyone on the other side. She could have very easily been pushed back. A nine year old girl could have done it.

The Ashli Babbitt shooting wasn't protection. It was message sending. Very clear, especially when you compare it to the response to every other civil disturbance of the past 50 and some odd years.

Comment

• I agree with DSL. Now, I fear I will start to listen to Shostakovich and begin to post off target and poorly informed sports commentary.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I hope you're right
                          My body, my choice?

Comment

I don't think she "deserved" her fate and I'm not "happy" about her death but the officer had his gun drawn and aimed at them for a long time before she hopped through the window. She clearly wasn't listening and as far as that cop (or whomever he was) knew, that mob has just beaten their way through hundreds of cops to get that far inside. There were still members of Congress inside the chamber. There is zero reason to be confident that a mob of lunatics who were willing to beat cops into unconsciousness wouldn't dare raise a hand against cowering Congressmen whom they considered traitors and had erected a mock gallows for outside.

You know who really let Ahsli Babbit down? Who used her and discarded her for their own ends?

The people who convinced her that interrupting the electoral vote count would make Donald Trump President another 4 years. The people that convinced her that Mike Pence could single-handedly choose the next president if he only had the courage to do so. The people that convinced her that Trump's victory was "stolen" from him.
                            This is fact. No LIE.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

You forgot to include....FUCK HER! She deserved to die!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

My body, my choice?
                                Is the reason that you and Wiz think this is a particularly good line because you're under the impression that abortions are contagious?

Comment

Working...
                                X