No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But, again, January 6 is the sole way for Ds to avoid the current debacle that their party is overseeing. As I've noted, much can change between now and 2022, but if the elections were in a month, the Ds would assjacked.

The far more interesting topic is the current battle in the House over the Ds efforts to pass their FULL infrastructure bullshit -- 25% of which is the actually Infrastructure bill that they could pass in a matter of days; whilst the remaining 75% is being done through budgetary reconcilation and is meeting some real party resistance in the House -- from, you know, members are on definitely on the chopping block in 2022.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      I agree with DSL. Now, I fear I will start to listen to Shostakovich and begin to post off target and poorly informed sports commentary.
      Thanks. Evel Knievel could sooner leap Snake River Canyon than make it across the sprawling chasm of Tom Glavine's strike zone.

Comment

• Afghanistan is far less important than whatever Trillion Dollar Joe is trying to ram through Congress, but of note -- The Taliban has stated that August 31 is their red line. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er_dailymailus

Now, the only question I have is whether they mean it, or whether it's more like an Obama-Syria just kidding red line.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Is the reason that you and Wiz think this is a particularly good line because you're under the impression that abortions are contagious?
          you can still spread Covid after being vaxxed.

what else you got?

Comment

The people that convinced her that Trump's victory was "stolen" from him.
            because dems never cheat at elections.

in an unrelated note
            More than 300 unopened vote-by-mail ballots for the recall election were found, with a gun and drugs, in a car parked at a Torrance store.

Comment

Is the reason that you and Wiz think this is a particularly good line because you're under the impression that abortions are contagious?
              Abortions aren't contagious. Neither is measles if you have had the vaccine. So why force people to get it? If I force an effective vaccine on you, I'm not protecting anyone but either you or other people who choose not to get it.

If you don't want protection, that's your choice.

BTW just to make it clear, I'm not against vaccines. Just vaccine mandates.

Comment

• The evidence of the rigged and fixed elections is always just out of reach, just over the next horizon, just around the next corner.

If you donate NOW to the glorious cause you can help them reach that next corner...until there's yet another corner, another hurdle to be conquered. So won't you please consider donating yet again, we're sure this time we've almost caught them, at long last.

An endless grift

Comment

• cHmjG3af.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
                    CVGT's meme is no more/less offensive than the memes posted by Kapture. So lets have no hand wringing here.
                    I personally disagree. While I can boast about, say, the drug that George Floyd overdosed on was an FDA approved drug, I wouldn't go there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                      A reasonable person could not possibly conclude that a woman slowly climbing through a narrow opening and wielding no weapons posed a threat to anyone on the other side. She could have very easily been pushed back. A nine year old girl could have done it.
                      To be fair, it is quite reasonable for anyone to perceive that an individual crawling through a narrow opening into a Capital hallway isn't doing it to sneak into a VIP tour. You can reasonably assume that they have bad intentions and are armed to fulfill those intentions.

But yeah, unless she proceeds to brandish a weapon or going berzerk like she's high on Fentynal, she's not completely unlike the clown that ran on the field at the Superbowl. You restrain them and cart them off. You don't shoot them.

The Secret Service is undoubtedly well trained in knowing that,
                      Last edited by Tom W; August 24, 2021, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Abortions aren't contagious. Neither is measles if you have had the vaccine. So why force people to get it? If I force an effective vaccine on you, I'm not protecting anyone but either you or other people who choose not to get it.

If you don't want protection, that's your choice.

BTW just to make it clear, I'm not against vaccines. Just vaccine mandates.
                        I'm for them. Me being vaccinated protects myself but it doesn't protect society at large from your dumb personal decisions. Every person taking up a space in a hospital right now because they refused to get vaccinated is an additional burden on society. Who is paying for their healthcare and treatment which costs far more than two doses of vaccine? Well, it might be the taxpayers. It might be their insurance pool. Either way, if you have big numbers of indigent morons clogging up the healthcare system, there's a significant cost to the economy.

Comment

Roughly 3 outta 100 fully vaccinated against measles are still at risk. So in a HS of 3,500 fully vaccinated kids and teachers, over 100 people are at risk if exposed. The only way to protect them is by reducing their exposure to potential vectors. In other words, vaccination mandates for all the kids.

Further, along with measles, mumps (and rubella) is covered with the shot. And, as you know, mumps protection diminishes over time and very few get the adult booster - and mumps causes some fairly serious adult complications.

Anyway, I lived the measles outbreak dream. Our numbers were closer to 5% who had been vaccinated didn’t develop sufficient antibodies. It was quite the Covid-esque event for a bit. Do not recommend.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I'm for them. Me being vaccinated protects myself but it doesn't protect society at large from your dumb personal decisions. Every person taking up a space in a hospital right now because they refused to get vaccinated is an additional burden on society. Who is paying for their healthcare and treatment which costs far more than two doses of vaccine? Well, it might be the taxpayers. It might be their insurance pool. Either way, if you have big numbers of indigent morons clogging up the healthcare system, there's a significant cost to the economy.
                            NONE of which should trump Personal Choice.

at all

ever.

Comment

• If you want your protection, get the fucking vaccine, and then fuck off.

Comment

• They are saying that a couple hours before Harris was supposed to go to Vietnam, one of our people in Hanoi suddenly came down with "Havana Syndrome". They claim they debated whether she should cancel but ultimately they decided to go ahead. Take it fwiw. I don't know if there's something legitimate to "Havana Syndrome" or if it's a form of mass hysteria but supposedly there's at least SOME medical evidence suggesting victims experience real brain injury.

Comment

Working...
                                X