Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Roughly 3 outta 100 fully vaccinated against measles are still at risk. So in a HS of 3,500 fully vaccinated kids and teachers, over 100 people are at risk if exposed. The only way to protect them is by reducing their exposure to potential vectors. In other words, vaccination mandates for all the kids.

Further, along with measles, mumps (and rubella) is covered with the shot. And, as you know, mumps protection diminishes over time and very few get the adult booster - and mumps causes some fairly serious adult complications.

Anyway, I lived the measles outbreak dream. Our numbers were closer to 5% who had been vaccinated didn’t develop sufficient antibodies. It was quite the Covid-esque event for a bit. Do not recommend.
    I can envision a disease that is dangerous and debilitating enough to where you would want to mandate vaccines when the vaccine is not strong enough to guarantee immunity. But Covid is not that. Kids had a 99.999% survival rate before the vaccine even came out. If you have been vaccinated, your survival rate to an exposure is sky high. And the vaccine itself doesn't even stop you from spreading it. Was that also true for polio and smallpox?
    Last edited by Hannibal; August 24, 2021, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Abortions aren't contagious. Neither is measles if you have had the vaccine. So why force people to get it? If I force an effective vaccine on you, I'm not protecting anyone but either you or other people who choose not to get it.

If you don't want protection, that's your choice.

BTW just to make it clear, I'm not against vaccines. Just vaccine mandates.
      EFZ
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The hospital where those 75 doctors walked out in protest for ALL of the unvaccinated they are being forced to treat. They apparently are swimming in dead patients from ALL of the UNVAXXED!!!!

dFzfUk12.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

I can envision a disease that is dangerous and debilitating enough to where you would want to mandate vaccines when the vaccine is not strong enough to guarantee immunity. But Covid is not that. Kids had a 99.999% survival rate before the vaccine even came out. If you have been vaccinated, your survival rate to an exposure is sky high. And the vaccine itself doesn't even stop you from spreading it. Was that also true for polio and smallpox?
          Hannibal,

I’m not sure if you’re talking measles or Covid in the first part of your post.

With measles, It’s not just mortality. Lessening morbidity is very important. Before the MMR vaccine, nearly every child in the US got it before adulthood. 4 million cases or so a year. 500 annual child deaths, and 50,000 or so kids being hospitalized a year. Most were okay and just isolated at home and missed a month of school or work. 50,000 or so a year, not so much. When my son was a child in the early 90’s, people were (wrongly) worried about autism and vaccines. Back then (in Alabama), you just needed to go to the office and get a slip and sign it to opt outta the MMR. Lotsa people did. It was disastrous. Ruined a school year, basically.

And, with Covid, I see a lot of people say “you still spread it even if fully vaccinated.” Can fully vaccinated people spread Covid? Yes, but that is very misleading:

-The vast majority of people who are fully vaccinated will develop no viral load/threshold cycle with exposure (at least for a period of time until they are in need of a booster). They avoid infection. With no infection, there is no viral load. With no viral load, they are not spreading Covid.

-Roughly 10% or so of vaccinated people will develop a viral load (breakthrough infection) with exposure. Originally it was hoped that vaccinated folks who did would have a viral load that was diminished to the point of not being a risk. Unfortunately, that was not the case. These folks developed breakthrough infections and sufficient viral load was able to be cultured from the upper respiratory to be able to transmit the virus.

And I mean it this time. Done with Covid and vaccine talk. It doesn’t change minds. It just sets the next debate. It’s a fool’s errand. On to find other things to talk about. Namely how fucking Notre Dame leapt from #5 over #2 Bama to claim the NC in 1977. Bastards.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Oh man...the Stones just lost Charlie Watts. RIP

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              Oh man...the Stones just lost Charlie Watts. RIP
              Hate that. Knew he was sick and had some procedure.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Wow. USAT poll has Chairman Big Rig under water at 41 - 55 (https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ll/8244854002/)

Like, that's worse than Rasmussen numbers. Better ramp up the January 6 talk!
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Meanwhile, it seems that we can't realistically get everyone out of Afghanistan by August 31. The Taliban says August 31 is hard deadline. Chairman Big Rig says, ok, we'll get everyone out by August 31.

I hope to god this doesn't turn really ugly.

Comment

• Oh, it will. The Taliban just announced they will no longer allow Afghans to leave the country. Only foreigners.

Comment

• The difficulty is in knowing whether there's anything going on behind the scenes (i.e. the CIA Director going to Kabul) and if what the Taliban are saying publicly is posturing or not.

Comment

• ATTN Jeff

For all of September and October, the Bahamas are banning any cruise ship from docking in its ports unless all passengers have been vaccinated. This is causing most of the major cruise to ignore the DeSantis edict and require proof of vaccination for anyone on a cruise that stops in the Bahamas. Would imagine other Caribbean countries could follow if they haven't already. Disney is the latest to comply with the Bahamian order

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          The difficulty is in knowing whether there's anything going on behind the scenes (i.e. the CIA Director going to Kabul) and if what the Taliban are saying publicly is posturing or not.
                          I don't think the Taliban is playing 3D chess but they ARE dictating to the president of the fucking United States. It's the most humiliating episode I've ever seen from a U.S. president in my lifetime and that's coming on the heels of Trump. There can be no mistake at this point: Progressives aren't fit to run a lemonade stand. From coddling rioters and violent criminals, demonizing law enforcement, pissing away money like it grows on trees, everything they've touched in the last year and a half has turned to shit. In the case of many major cities, it's been going on for decades.

As for Afghanistan, there’s no good outcome. It will go one of these ways:

1. Biden simply tucks tail and pulls out all the troops from the airport on 8/31 leaving untold thousands to be slaughtered.

2. Biden pays the Taliban for extra time to use the airport. Hey, didn’t we already control a major airport there? Oh. Right. But leaders in third world shitholes like bribes. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if this was a topic discussed between Burns and the Taliban yesterday.

3. The Taliban goes too far too soon, things completely deteriorate and Western forces have to engage militarily to stave off an even larger calamity.

If I had to bet on one, I’d take #2. We’ll end up financing a terrorist attack against ourselves.

But at least our military has great diversity training programs!

Comment

• aTmoiXTR.png

It's almost like Biden forgot he was the President or something

Comment

• Every person taking up a space in a hospital right now because they refused to get vaccinated is an additional burden on society.
                              FTR, The reverend Jesse Jackson and his wife are both hospitalized with Covid, both having been fully vaccinated.

Lets watch those broad strokes you paint with
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

I don't think the Taliban is playing 3D chess but they ARE dictating to the president of the fucking United States. It's the most humiliating episode I've ever seen from a U.S. president in my lifetime and that's coming on the heels of Trump. There can be no mistake at this point: Progressives aren't fit to run a lemonade stand. From coddling rioters and violent criminals, demonizing law enforcement, pissing away money like it grows on trees, everything they've touched in the last year and a half has turned to shit. In the case of many major cities, it's been going on for decades.

As for Afghanistan, there’s no good outcome. It will go one of these ways:

1. Biden simply tucks tail and pulls out all the troops from the airport on 8/31 leaving untold thousands to be slaughtered.

2. Biden pays the Taliban for extra time to use the airport. Hey, didn’t we already control a major airport there? Oh. Right. But leaders in third world shitholes like bribes. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if this was a topic discussed between Burns and the Taliban yesterday.

3. The Taliban goes too far too soon, things completely deteriorate and Western forces have to engage militarily to stave off an even larger calamity.

If I had to bet on one, I’d take #2. We’ll end up financing a terrorist attack against ourselves.

But at least our military has great diversity training programs!
                                Hard to disagree with any of that.

Comment

Working...
                                X