No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To put everyone's mind at ease, Chairman Big Rig has promised to hunt down the terrorists responsible for yesterday's bombing. Apparently by completely removing America's presence from where they are. But, I should note, I believe Chairman Big Rig has said the likes of Al-Q and Isis in Afghanistan have been essentially crippled as a threat. Something to that effect.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Oh, thank god.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

The implication from Biden saying “I was instructed to call on this person first” is that he is being instructed what to do because A) he doesn’t know WTF to do because he’s a senile old koot, and B) The D administration is working in cahoots with their friendly media partners.

As bad/sad as that is, the list of American citizens, green card holders, and Afghan contractors that we GAVE to the Taliban will results in thousands of gruesome executions.

This will only get worse.
        It's weird that he said it out loud but every President going back to at least Ford generally used a "list" of people to call on for most press conferences. None of the questions I heard were especially softball, and he called on Fox News. Certainly none were like the questions Trump would get from OANN or NewsMax.

"Sir, what would you say is your best physical feature?"

"Sir, why won't the depraved and evil Democrats do what you want? Is it because they're demonic or just incompetent?"

So that was a nothingburger as far as I'm concerned...the Afghan list was what I figured people were more upset about.

Comment

• Managing to still evac 12,000+ people even after what happened yesterday is quite an achievement by the military

Comment

• Terrorist threat for another 4 days and a probable major hurricane hitting New Orleans on Sunday.

Mad Men Not Great Bob GIF

Comment

• I still have a hard time believing that it was a unanimous decision to give up Baghram so quickly. Someone amongst the military brain trust must have had some objections.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Attached Files
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

It's weird that he said it out loud but every President going back to at least Ford generally used a "list" of people to call on for most press conferences.
                  It's not so much that he had a list of reporters, but the "I was instructed to..." that has people puzzled. Not knowing the inner workings of a presidential press conference, it is possible that there is some sort of rotation or random selection process that takes place and then the list given to the president is in a certain order per that process. Dunno.

But yes, the Taliban having lists of folks who worked for us over all those years is disgraceful. They also recovered biometric devices after we left.

https://theintercept.com/2021/08/17/...ry-biometrics/

The devices, known as HIIDE, for Handheld Interagency Identity Detection Equipment, were seized last week during the Taliban’s offensive, according to a Joint Special Operations Command official and three former U.S. military personnel, all of whom worried that sensitive data they contain could be used by the Taliban. HIIDE devices contain identifying biometric data such as iris scans and fingerprints, as well as biographical information, and are used to access large centralized databases. It’s unclear how much of the U.S. military’s biometric database on the Afghan population has been compromised.

Comment

• Not wanting to feel left out, the Brits left behind lists of Afghan employees and job applicants at their Embassy in Kabul

Comment

• Sounds like they rescued most of them at least.

Comment

• If I understand correctly, the Brits have rescued more actual Americans than the Americans have.

No, I'm not insinuating that the Brits are better at this. I'm saying they're a daggone good ally.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• They don't have a buffoon in office.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 3rd victory in a row for rule of law stuff! The tyrannical, out-of-control Governor humbled and made to kiss the ring of Lady Justice.

In a critical decision impacting millions of students throughout the state, a Florida judge on Friday ruled that public school districts can legally impose universal mask mandates -- without the ability for children to opt out -- to slow the spread of COVID-19.

Comment

• I'm all for anything that limits unfettered executive power. In that regard, Charles Cooke destroys the partisan dissent in the eviction case: https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...to-a-dictator/

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I've been opposed to the Desantis mask ban. It smacks of the exact kind of government over-reach he is opposed to. Can't have it both ways.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X