No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From what I understand, Mossad and the JDL has a beef with Sirhan, and if he's released, it might behoove him to keep his address a secret.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I mean...would I have let him out? Personally, no, but he served 53 years and RFK's own family recommended his release. I can't get too upset over that. You can't say the family's wishes matter but ONLY if they want the motherfucker to burn.

A story that pisses me off more? The AG of South Dakota ran a guy over, just obliterated him, in rural South Dakota. He claimed he thought he hit a deer so he didn't bother calling the police until the next day (coincidentally enough time to sober up) when he drove back to the site. He drove through the man so hard that there was a huge hole in his windshield with blood and hair around it. The dead man's eyeglasses were found INSIDE the vehicle. Absolutely no indication the victim was doing anything wrong, just walking along the shoulder of the road at night after his car broke down.

He ended up pleading no contest to two misdemeanors. Illegal lane change and using a phone while driving. Paid a $1000 fine. The judge tried to impose community service too but his lawyer loudly objected and the judge caved. He's still the AG. Initially there were calls to resign but he waited it out successfully. He'll finish his term, maybe even get reelected.

A judge ordered Jason Ravnsborg to pay assorted court costs after the Republican entered no-contest pleas in the crash that killed Joseph Boever last September.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        I mean...would I have let him out? Personally, no, but he served 53 years and RFK's own family recommended his release. I can't get too upset over that. You can't say the family's wishes matter but ONLY if they want the motherfucker to burn.
        I’ve never really cared that much what the family wanted one way or the other. I guess 53 years is the going rate for assassinations of US Senators. I just don’t know.

A story that pisses me off more? The AG of South Dakota ran a guy over, just obliterated him, in rural South Dakota. He claimed he thought he hit a deer so he didn't bother calling the police until the next day (coincidentally enough time to sober up) when he drove back to the site. He drove through the man so hard that there was a huge hole in his windshield with blood and hair around it. The dead man's eyeglasses were found INSIDE the vehicle. Absolutely no indication the victim was doing anything wrong, just walking along the shoulder of the road at night after his car broke down.

He ended up pleading no contest to two misdemeanors. Illegal lane change and using a phone while driving. Paid a $1000 fine. The judge tried to impose community service too but his lawyer loudly objected and the judge caved. He's still the AG. Initially there were calls to resign but he waited it out successfully. He'll finish his term, maybe even get reelected.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...death-n1277705
        Yeah. Horrible. Fry him, too.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• And ironically, the SD AG pulled a Teddy Kennedy of sorts.

Guess we need to mention JFK now in some way.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            And ironically, the SD AG pulled a Teddy Kennedy of sorts.

Guess we need to mention JFK now in some way.
            JFK had Marilyn killed. Boo yah!

Comment

• I almost posted this earlier today but thought nah, why pick a fight

But since we're talking about things that piss me off...

This man, a veteran of two tours of Afghanistan and a Purple Heart recipient, died at the age of 46. And why? Because he had a gallstone. He specifically had gallstone pancreatis. The ER doctor realized he needed help immediately but their hospital wasn't equipped to do it. It took over 7 hours of calling all over metro Houston before an ICU opened up. The vet died shortly after being airlifted to his new hospital. He chose to be taken off life support rather than have his organs shut down one by one.

Anyone want to take a guess why it took so long to find this man an ICU anywhere around a metro area of 7 million people?

I know the story is aimed at making you mad at the unvaccinated. Don't care. If that were my dad or brother that died because some slob who took horse medicine instead of a vaccine called dibs on a hospital bed, I'd be angry the rest of my life about it.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-u...table-illness/
              Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; August 27, 2021, 07:40 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, me too.

Comment

• US Embassy in Kabul just issued a warning to any US citizens around 4 airport gates to leave immediately. Very similar language to what they sent out hours before the bombing thursday.

AP also reporting we just did an airstrike on an ISIS-K leader in another province.

Comment

• Yeah, me too. These hospitals have had over a year to figure this shit out. Been raking in the profits and still can't add room and staff. Don't they realize there is a pandemic going on?

Comment

• Having just spent 28 days in ICU/TCU, I've had lots of time to speak with nurses. Many are burning out, being mandated to work 12-16 hour shifts. Hospitals are contracting "traveling" nurses, those from other cities or states at 3-4 times the hourly rate. Seems odd to me that a hospital won't increase pay to retain local staff but are willing to pay 4x to get outside help.
                      I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• My nephew is a registered nurse, and he just recently resigned from the hospital he was working at for those very reasons. Overworked, and underpaid. He is considering becoming a travelling nurse. Says just what Jon said, .. more money and more control over your life.

Comment

• A 2nd cousin of mine was telling me his nurse/daughter did exactly that last November and has since travelled state-to-state in the south, going where she's needed. When I last spoke with him in early July, he said she had made more $$$ the first 6 months this year than the previous 4 years combined.

Comment

• Yep. That's what my nephew is thinking. He has several friends out in the Phoenix area and he's thinking of wintering out there and working as a traveler.

Comment

• RNs here are given a Covid bonus. Quite lucrative. Travel $$$ are extremely attractive, though (up to $7000/week) but there is risk (almost no orientation, different practice acts in different states that you’re held to, worse benefits on the whole, no guarantee of continued work, less desirable hospitals and assignments, etc).

Administrators prefer bonuses as opposed to a true salary bump because it’s hard to get the lower salary genie back in the bottle once things get back to normal.

As far as just making more hospital rooms, it’s not easy. Many states require a certificate of need and competing hospitals can (and do) blackball additions. The plans to build and actual construction require a lot of time, space, and navigation through an amazing amount of red tape, then you have to hire and orient a large amount of physicians and RNs to staff the rooms you’ve just built. Staff where demand is currently far exceeding supply.

No easy answers.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                RNs here are given a Covid bonus. Quite lucrative. Travel $$$ are extremely attractive, though (up to $7000/week) but there is risk (almost no orientation, different practice acts in different states that you’re held to, worse benefits on the whole, no guarantee of continued work, less desirable hospitals and assignments, etc).

Administrators prefer bonuses as opposed to a true salary bump because it’s hard to get the lower salary genie back in the bottle once things get back to normal.

As far as just making more hospital rooms, it’s not easy. Many states require a certificate of need and competing hospitals can (and do) blackball additions. The plans to build and actual construction require a lot of time, space, and navigation through an amazing amount of red tape, then you have to hire and orient a large amount of physicians and RNs to staff the rooms you’ve just built. Staff where demand is currently far exceeding supply.

No easy answers.
                                I was wondering if there was possibly some federal or state money for part time hiring. Adding staff and salary for what should have been a temporary surge makes no fiscal sense.

It would be a lot cheaper for people to get the fucking shot...

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X