Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
    If Pass The Buck Joe had been in charge of Custer's Last Stand he would call that a success...
    Hey, everyone knows those kinds things go really bad!

Comment

• Well Custer lost at Little Bighorn because of Trump...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ...of course at Little Bighorn Biden would have promised not to leave any Cavalry behind...and he didn't...I mean...sure they were all dead...but still...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

I’ve been consuming a lot of coverage and haven’t seen those folks. MSNBC is throwing a ticker tape parade complete with Michael Moore taking great delight in all of this. They did have Kristen Rouse on the morning show and she blasted the shit out of the withdrawal. So I guess that’s something.

It’s just such a bummer that American’s who wanted to escape that living hell couldn’t make it to the airport. They were warned!

Apparently, if you are an American citizen trapped behind enemy lines, your first call shouldn’t be to your Congressman or the State Department. Call your local VFW.

A proud moment in American history, for sure.
          I primarily listen to CNN. Occasionally a little bit of Fox just to stay informed on what the right-wing angle on any story is. I pretty much never turn on MSNBC but yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they're cheerleaders.

If you watched any of Jake Tapper or Wolf Blitzer's shows the past two weeks you would've heard plenty of criticism of Biden. Granted, those are possibly the two most pro-military shows on the network. There's been critical op-eds in the NYT and WP too

Saw a report in the last hour that a team from Qatar has landed in Kabul. Sounds like they will be running the airport for a while.

Comment

Well Custer lost at Little Bighorn because of Trump...
            And because they weren't vaccinated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I primarily listen to CNN.

oof.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

And because they weren't vaccinated.
                ...EFZ...no masks either...plus they trusted Crazy Horse maybe a bit too much...seemed like such a nice savage...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

...EFZ...no masks either...plus they trusted Crazy Horse maybe a bit too much...seemed like such a nice savage...
                  And an oppressed victim of white privilege.

Comment

• The real culprit at Little Big Horn was Global Warming.

Comment

• U4h4MnUu.png

Comment

• I'm sure CNN has this problem with a number of its commentators too. This one just stood out because its fairly egregious and he's been on tv a lot since Kabul fell

Fox News' Jack Keane has been the Executive Chairman for AM General since 2016. The company has (or had) a $500M contract with the Pentagon to produce Humvees for the war in Afghanistan that was supposed to last until 2023. Maybe that's now in danger, maybe payment is guaranteed. I dunno.

But none of that is disclosed when Keane appears on tv. Cable news channels have a very deceptive bad habit of describing retired military guys by their former titles and not the current positions they might hold at defense contractors and arms manufacturers.

https://theintercept.com/2021/08/19/...ndustry-media/

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-ne...ofits-from-war
                        Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; September 1, 2021, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Attached Files
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Somewhat of a side note -- for you military historians, I can't recommend this documentary series enough.

It is called "Soviet Storm: War in the East" It is actually a Russian-produced documentary about the titanic clash between Germany and the USSR and it's the best series that I have ever seen on the subject, which due to the lack of direct US or British involvement, has been criminally neglected in Western documentaries on WWII. Very unbiased and were it not for the Russian text on all of the maps, you could easily conclude that it had been produced in the US or Britain.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...H-ba0nWuNbHOM6

Grab it off of youtube while you can.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; September 1, 2021, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Q4i3SoIL.png

Comment

• They can't bow their knee quick enough when it comes to pandering to minorities, and appeasing the criminal BLM movement. When it comes to honoring servicemen who gave their lives to get other Americans out of a war zone, .. they look at their wristwatch and wonder when will this thing be over....

Pathetic. And inexcusable.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X