Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Obi-Jon View Post
    Remember that the "not Trump" candidate was going to win in 2020, no matter who. Trump was (is) even worse. Blame Dem primary voters for selecting a weak choice. No different than the shitheads that voted Trump on the 2016 cycle. Somehow the primaries need to be reformed to remove the hyper emotion and hyperbole that produces such bad offerings and populists that are cancer to reason.
    That "Trump is Worse" argument has been drummed so relentlessly into our heads for the last 5 years that it HAS to be true, right?

Gee, I honestly don't know. Sure, the guy was an assclown. I'll give you that.

But, we were told that we would be like Germany circa 1939 by now. Yet, the majority of the oppression, propaganda and ridiculous legislative and economic policy ideas are coming from the side that warned us that it was coming. it's all quite odd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

That "Trump is Worse" argument has been drummed so relentlessly into our heads for the last 5 years that it HAS to be true, right?

Gee, I honestly don't know. Sure, the guy was an assclown. I'll give you that.

But, we were told that we would be like Germany circa 1939 by now. Yet, the majority of the oppression, propaganda and ridiculous legislative and economic policy ideas are coming from the side that warned us that it was coming. it's all quite odd.
      I could really go for a few mean tweets right about now

Comment

• The guy was an assclown, for sure.

But his policies ( eg. regulatory reform, destroying Isis in Iraq, cutting taxes, securing the border with remain-in-Mexico, appointment of constitutional justices, creating the vaccine in less than 9 months, energy independence) were good for the US. They were so good in fact that the controlled media and the Dem party's only reply was "orange man bad" and the incessant refrain that everything Trump says is a lie. Whenever I heard that refrain, I'd simply ask the person to name a lie.

We are now being told that the capitulation in Afghanistan was a massive success. We were told no one was to be left behind. We are told that the southern border is under control. We are told we can spend $ 1.2 T with another $ 5 T in the pipeline and not raise taxes. These are profound lies that have real-world consequences.

Look, Trump was an egocentric narcissist. Everything was "...the best in history..." I suppose those incessant statements were lies. But they were basically puffery, and most knew they reflected (badly) the character of the man saying them. But they had almost no consequences for national policy.

Comment

• No different than the shitheads that voted Trump on the 2016 cycle. Somehow the primaries need to be reformed to remove the hyper emotion and hyperbole that produces such bad offerings and populists that are cancer to reason.
          Well, I'm one of the shitheads that voted for Trump in 2016, and I still don't regret it. You have my permission to continue thinking of me as a shithead. The alternative was a woman whose only qualification was her last name. She called me and my people deplorable because of what we believe, She meant it then, and she means it today when she talks about it. So do her supporters. We were told we must vote for her because she's allegedly a woman. She couldn't point to even one political accomplishment that put her ahead of Mr. Trump. She's a democrat female. That's why she was the best choice. And she still refuses to accept responsibility for Benghazi. And,.. she still says she didn't lose in 2016, and was the rightful winner. She still claims voter fraud cost her the election in 2016. Sound familiar?

When it comes to the primaries, IMO, its a flawed method of choosing candidates when it comes to the scheduling. For instance, in 2016 here in Michigan, by time our primary was held, the guy I wanted to vote for on the Republican ticket was out of the race. He quit a couple weeks before. I'd like to see the primaries spaced out to where a nomination cannot be secured in February. Give more voters a chance to vote in the primaries and make the 'favorites' run longer to obtain the amount of delegates needed for the nomination. Perhaps if the favorites are made to run longer, and more people's votes actually get counted, there might be better choices. Its just a thought.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            Chief Justice Roberts' dissent in the abortion decision that came at midnight last night is the most important one and should be read.

Q5Mf9rRb.jpg

Comment

• That should end any argument about the Court being 6-3 conservative. At best for Conservatives its 5-4, .. and in reality its more like 3-3-3. Roberts and Souter have a lot in common. Both have been considered conservative at one time or another, but when seated on the Court, showed their true colors.

But hey, .. the Court is about to be packed with Libs soon, so I'm sure all this is just temporary.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Well, I'm one of the shitheads that voted for Trump in 2016, and I still don't regret it. You have my permission to continue thinking of me as a shithead. The alternative was a woman whose only qualification was her last name. She called me and my people deplorable because of what we believe, She meant it then, and she means it today when she talks about it. So do her supporters. We were told we must vote for her because she's allegedly a woman. She couldn't point to even one political accomplishment that put her ahead of Mr. Trump. She's a democrat female. That's why she was the best choice. And she still refuses to accept responsibility for Benghazi. And,.. she still says she didn't lose in 2016, and was the rightful winner. She still claims voter fraud cost her the election in 2016. Sound familiar?

When it comes to the primaries, IMO, its a flawed method of choosing candidates when it comes to the scheduling. For instance, in 2016 here in Michigan, by time our primary was held, the guy I wanted to vote for on the Republican ticket was out of the race. He quit a couple weeks before. I'd like to see the primaries spaced out to where a nomination cannot be secured in February. Give more voters a chance to vote in the primaries and make the 'favorites' run longer to obtain the amount of delegates needed for the nomination. Perhaps if the favorites are made to run longer, and more people's votes actually get counted, there might be better choices. Its just a thought.
                The problem was the number of candidates to begin with. 2-4 of the best candidates. Leave Rubio, leave Graham, leave Kasich, Carson, Bush, Gilmore, Christie, Fiorina, Perry, Walker, Jindal, Santorum, Paul and Huckabee, I mean Jesus Christ.

That is how a candidate wins with 30% of the republican vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                  That should end any argument about the Court being 6-3 conservative. At best for Conservatives its 5-4, .. and in reality its more like 3-3-3. Roberts and Souter have a lot in common. Both have been considered conservative at one time or another, but when seated on the Court, showed their true colors.

But hey, .. the Court is about to be packed with Libs soon, so I'm sure all this is just temporary.
                  Is it your argument that to be a "true conservative" you must be against abortion under nearly all circumstances? How much have you read or heard about the Texas law?

And all Roberts was saying is that an injunction was absolutely warranted to halt the law until it could be argued and decided properly. Something they've done dozens of times to stop laws in liberal states.

Comment

• One doesn't get to be POTUS without doing at least a few unsavory things- or by not being a special kind of assclown. Off hand, I would say that the last one that wasn't an assclown for some reason or another was Calvin Coolidge- and that's probably only because Silent Cal said nothing and did little more.

The thing that really bites is that the full court press was there from the moment that Hillary sent Podesta out to address her supporters and that it has never let up- and that nobody has been held accountable for it.

As Geezer says, a lot of his policies were GOOD- not just for the U.S., but for those of us (I suspect ALL of us) that go to work, pay our bills, respect others and obey the laws. In fact, it is good for the rest of the world that looks to the USA for leadership. Nobody wants Russia or China to be the role models.

if there is a hoax in play here, it's in the promotion of the idea that somehow ALL of that is wrong.

Comment

• Liberals are threatening to leave Texas lmao

Like, bye.

Comment

• My point about Chief Roberts is what its been all along. When given a 'comfortable' liberal issue, he's more comfortable voting with the liberals. He's not a Thomas/Alito conservative.

This won't last long. President Harris will make it a point to pack the court to the tune of about a 9-3 majority for the libs. That, along with PR and DC statehood will put The Party in control for decades to come. Even if that's not what the majority of Americans want.

Comment

• The Texas law outlaws abortion for ANY reason after 6 weeks unless the mother could literally die. Technically it's after the slightest heartbeat can be detected, which is approx. 6 weeks. That gives women at best a 10-14 day window to figure out if they're pregnant, decide if they're keeping it, and have the abortion done. In practice this will outlaw abortion in 85-90% of typical cases.

There are NO exceptions for rape or incest.

Where Texas got clever is they outsourced the enforcement of the law to the general public to get around having it struck down immediately. The state's agents won't enforce the law but instead they've created a $10,000 incentive to successfully turn in your neighbors for violating it. If you have an abortion in the state of Texas after 6 weeks, anyone inside or outside the state of Texas can sue you. If they win, you owe them up to $10,000 plus all their legal costs. If you are found innocent, the state will pick up the accuser's tab. There is close to zero risk to falsely accusing someone. On top of that anyone who even assists the abortion in the slightest way can be sued and have $10,000 taken from them. If you drive your friend to the abortion clinic, you can be sued. If you give them money for a cab, you can be sued.

Whatever you think about abortion or it's constitutionality, this law is NOT consistent with the majority view of Americans. Probably not even the majority of Texans. The majority supports abortion through the first trimester. It's generally around a 60% view. Generally three-quarters believe abortion should be legal in cases of rape/incest. Only 19% think abortion should be illegal under all circumstances, which is close to what this law does.

With respect to the abortion issue, would you consider yourself to be pro-choice or pro-life? Do you think abortions should be legal under any circumstances, legal only under certain circumstances, or illegal in all circumstances?

Comment

The Texas law outlaws abortion for ANY reason after 6 weeks unless the mother could literally die. Technically it's after the slightest heartbeat can be detected, which is approx. 6 weeks. That gives women at best a 10-14 day window to figure out if they're pregnant, decide if they're keeping it, and have the abortion done. In practice this will outlaw abortion in 85-90% of typical cases.

There are NO exceptions for rape or incest.

Where Texas got clever is they outsourced the enforcement of the law to the general public to get around having it struck down immediately. The state's agents won't enforce the law but instead they've created a $10,000 incentive to successfully turn in your neighbors for violating it. If you have an abortion in the state of Texas after 6 weeks, anyone inside or outside the state of Texas can sue you. If they win, you owe them up to $10,000 plus all their legal costs. If you are found innocent, the state will pick up the accuser's tab. There is close to zero risk to falsely accusing someone. On top of that anyone who even assists the abortion in the slightest way can be sued and have $10,000 taken from them. If you drive your friend to the abortion clinic, you can be sued. If you give them money for a cab, you can be sued.

Whatever you think about abortion or it's constitutionality, this law is NOT consistent with the majority view of Americans. Probably not even the majority of Texans. The majority supports abortion through the first trimester. It's generally around a 60% view. Generally three-quarters believe abortion should be legal in cases of rape/incest. Only 19% think abortion should be illegal under all circumstances, which is close to what this law does.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1576/abortion.aspx
                            8EWTUA4y.png

Comment

• Got anything substantive to say, Kapture, or just gonna post your usual memes from society's gutter trash?

Comment

Got anything substantive to say, Kapture, or just gonna post your usual memes from society's gutter trash?
                                Pissy much?

Sorry man, dems gave up the "my body my choice" position when they started pushing vax mandates.

Comment

Working...
                                X