Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America-Protests-Congress-1.jpg?w=863.jpg

To be clear, Mrs. Pelosi is not kneeling to honor the memory of the 13 US servicemen killed in the effort to evacuate US citizens from Afghanistan. She has no time for that.

GettyImages-1234946450.jpg?fit=620%2C9999px&ssl=1.jpg

Speaking of time, Joe would obviously rather be somewhere else, than honoring fallen servicemen.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• You can watch the entire ceremony on video. The picture of him looking at his watch, looking at the rosary, whichever, occurs at the very end of the ceremony,

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...se/5663427001/

Comment

• Kapture,

Re: Australia. Here is what I heard re: 471 deaths. I know that some anti-vaccine sites took that and ran with it. They are looking at the population of people who had the vaccine and are following them longitudinally. 471 of that enormous population have died, but not due to the vaccine. Things like heart attacks and car wrecks and murder and the like.

On the first page of the TGA it even spelled out that an “adverse event report” didn’t mean that the medicine caused it. Just that n=471 of that population cannot be followed anymore.

If you have anything current or substantive on that, I would love to see it for my own knowledge. Because 471 recent deaths in Australia would be earth-shattering (they reportedly had 6 potential total deaths in Australia with a possible link to the vaccine as late as July (1 from potential contamination and 5 from potential clots caused by the J&J).
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Let's say California wants to pass an egregiously unconstitutional law. So long as they delegate out the enforcement of that law to private non-state actors, would it be impossible for the highest court in the land to enjoin the law? My reading of Roberts is that he doesn't think states can or should be able to evade responsibility this way.
          It's not egregiously unconstitutional IN PRACTICE until a private actor actual tries to enfore the law. At that point, a TRO or other injunctive relief is appropriate. This is the entire fucking point of "standing" -- Courts don't waste their time redressing imaginary or speculative injury.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Fair enough

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              To be exceptionally fucking clear -- the Supreme Court denial was strictly procedural. If this case were anything other than an abortion case, it would have been 9-0. The plaintiffs are seeking to prevent people from doing something that they are either (a) incapable of doing that thing; or (b) have stated they have zero intention of doing that thing. It is, in short, akin to a case against me seeking to enjoin me from riding a flying cadillac to Jupiter. It's beyond ridiculous.

Roberts even ackowledges as much -- which, I'm sure DSL read and understood -- he says that defendants “may be correct” that “existing doctrines preclude judicial intervention.” LOL -- "may".

The other 3 aren't at all concerned about standing in the fucking least when it comes to abortion. They are entirely OUTCOME driven.

Kudos to the 5 justices for actually following the obvious law despite the pressure to do otherwise. And, lest there be any doubt that this is entirely procedural (and correct):

But, it's abortion, so...rule of law goes out the window for The Left.
              and packing the SC is again at the forefront of the mind of every prog. That is why this is getting so much attention.

Comment

• Heartbeat bills have been routinely struck down everywhere. The SCt has yet to step in and say, “wait a minute.”
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  Kapture,

Re: Australia. Here is what I heard re: 471 deaths. I know that some anti-vaccine sites took that and ran with it. They are looking at the population of people who had the vaccine and are following them longitudinally. 471 of that enormous population have died, but not due to the vaccine. Things like heart attacks and car wrecks and murder and the like.

On the first page of the TGA it even spelled out that an “adverse event report” didn’t mean that the medicine caused it. Just that n=471 of that population cannot be followed anymore.

If you have anything current or substantive on that, I would love to see it for my own knowledge. Because 471 recent deaths in Australia would be earth-shattering (they reportedly had 6 potential total deaths in Australia with a possible link to the vaccine as late as July (1 from potential contamination and 5 from potential clots caused by the J&J).
                  This is the anti-vax morons MO. 99 year old man gets the vaccine. A month later he dies of a heart attack. "THE VACCINE KILLED HIM". This shit is making the rounds on social media right now. No use trying to explain it to them because there is no amount of fact or common sense that can fix the stupidity.

Of course there were not 471 deaths from the vaccine.

And...You don't have Krapture blocked? The only way I see his stupid shit is when somebody quotes him. No sense trying to deal with an ignorant troll
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

This is the anti-vax morons MO. 99 year old man gets the vaccine. A month later he dies of a heart attack. "THE VACCINE KILLED HIM". This shit is making the rounds on social media right now. No use trying to explain it to them because there is no amount of fact or common sense that can fix the stupidity.
                    Yeah, otherwise, he would have died of COVID.

Stupidity has two distinct flavors..

Comment

• They're dying from botched knee surgeries and not eating enough oatmeal for their diabetes.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        Kapture,

publicly available, I can link it if you want

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

Yeah, otherwise, he would have died of COVID.

Stupidity has two distinct flavors..
                          Ah, yes. The tired old "Died with COVID" trope.

The call of the conspiracy theorists

I called it when I posted it. Ha!
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• "The DAEN – Medicines is currently unavailable due to performance issues resulting from a high number of requests"

lol, I bet it is.

The DAEN – Medicines is currently unavailable due to performance issues resulting from a high number of requests. This is being investigated as a priority, however a timeframe for the resolution is unavailable.

Comment

• Hhntfdpi.jpg

Australian situation is super interesting to me. 100 deaths this year from Covid, and they are stripping the rights of all their citizens. This is what the left would do here if we allowed it

Comment

• Progs are DRUNK with POWER!!
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X