No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's no way he's announcing until the usual cycle picks up in summer of 2023. As soon as a candidate officially announces they're running, all the campaign finance regulations kick in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      There's no way he's announcing until the usual cycle picks up in summer of 2023. As soon as a candidate officially announces they're running, all the campaign finance regulations kick in.
      I thought that too but......we'll see.

Comment

• After two very good months the August report is a complete dud, the worst since January. Although unemployment is down to 5.2% now.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/03/jobs...gust-2021.html

Comment

• Report definitely seems weighed down by industries most susceptible to covid.

Retail and restaurants both LOST jobs in August. 29K and 42K lost respectively. In industries that were still nowhere near back to pre-pandemic levels.

Elsewhere:
          Business +74,000
          Warehouse +53,000
          Manufacturing +37,000
          Entertainment +36,000

Comment

• rYmcuPKN.jpg

CNN is nothing but propaganda.

Comment

• Looks like the offices for Project Veritas and James O'Keefe were pretty much destroyed by the flooding around New York City.

Comment

• The scientist who developed ivermectin received the Nobel Prize for his discovery. It is on a par with penicillin in terms of safety. It is by prescription only.

The entire controlled media has chosen to run with the "horse de-wormer" meme for absolutely no reason other than their typical abhorrence of anything that might constitute a therapeutic for Covid. It is no wonder that those who watch CNN for their news have no idea what is actually happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                  The scientist who developed ivermectin received the Nobel Prize for his discovery. It is on a par with penicillin in terms of safety. It is by prescription only.

The entire controlled media has chosen to run with the "horse de-wormer" meme for absolutely no reason other than their typical abhorrence of anything that might constitute a therapeutic for Covid. It is no wonder that those who watch CNN for their news have no idea what is actually happening.
                  They call it horse de-wormer because that's the only product most people can get their hands on. As you say, doses intended for humans are prescription only and most people don't have access to a doctor who will write them a prescription on demand. If they're taking the stuff intended for humans, it's harmless. If they take the stuff intended for farm animals, they could poison themselves. They are ready to latch onto anything that sounds like a miracle cure because of misinformation

Turning back to Joe Rogan, he also said he's getting Regeneron AND has been vaccinated but I'm sure that if he doesn't die, the usual suspects here will credit ivermectin for that.

Comment

• One of the studies that's cited as proof ivermectin cures covid has been getting serious scrutiny and there's suspicion some data may have been falsified

A year after the world became fixated on hydroxychloroquine, ivermectin has shaped up to be the latest unproven cure to go viral. The FDA, the CDC, the World Health Organization, and even Merck, an ivermectin manufacturer, have warned against taking it for COVID. No reliable evidence shows that it works as a cure or preventative, according to a late July comprehensive analysis of randomized controlled trials, which wouldn’t have included the Argentine study. Scientists who last month announced the results of another major trial said ivermectin showed “no effect whatsoever” as a treatment.

Nevertheless, buoyed by the dual rise of the Delta variant and vaccine skepticism, ivermectin hype has reached a global fever pitch. Politicians from Brazil to Malaysia are pushing it. Feed stores are sold out, and prices are soaring. In Facebook groups and subreddits, people are swapping dosing tips and saying they’d rather eat horse paste than get vaccinated. The hunt for suddenly scarce ivermectin has led some to America’s Frontline Doctors, the group that erroneously touted hydroxychloroquine as a “cure” on the US Capitol steps.

Ivermectin prescriptions in the US are up 24-fold, according to the CDC, and poison control centers from Alabama to Mississippi have been flooded with calls about side effects and overdoses. One adult who drank an ivermectin injection meant for cattle, the CDC said, wound up hospitalized with confusion, drowsiness, hallucinations, abnormal breathing, and tremors.

An influential study from Argentina has been used to argue that ivermectin prevents COVID 100% of the time — but its inconsistencies have led experts to question if it could have actually happened as advertised.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

They call it horse de-wormer because that's the only product most people can get their hands on. As you say, doses intended for humans are prescription only and most people don't have access to a doctor who will write them a prescription on demand. If they're taking the stuff intended for humans, it's harmless. If they take the stuff intended for farm animals, they could poison themselves. They are ready to latch onto anything that sounds like a miracle cure because of misinformation

Turning back to Joe Rogan, he also said he's getting Regeneron AND has been vaccinated but I'm sure that if he doesn't die, the usual suspects here will credit ivermectin for that.
                      nothing I have read indicated that he had taken the vaccine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

nothing I have read indicated that he had taken the vaccine.
                        I thought he acknowledged having been vaxxed but I'll have to go back and double check.

Comment

• Has been prescribed to HUMANS for 35 years, over 4 BILLION doses prescribed to HUMANS.

It doesn't hurt, might help. What's the big deal here?

oh, right, Pfizer is inventing a daily pill you have to take. probably also stops Covid from entering cells to replicate, but no one is making money from a drug that's been on the market for 35 years and is safe for humans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I thought he acknowledged having been vaxxed but I'll have to go back and double check.
                            Last I heard he made a statement saying he is not Anti-Vax and would get it if he felt he needed it. Seems like he felt not everybody should get the vaccine, especially young and health people that have a 99.9994% survival rate. I suppose he could have since then.

Comment

• I guess I am not as trusting of the media, big pharma or the government as some people.

Comment

• If you can get a prescription for it, it probably doesn't hurt. Except anyone telling them it's proven to cure covid is a liar.

Of course most people CAN'T get it from a doctor so they're buying stuff intended for animals instead. Maybe the smarter ones will try and cut the dosage.

It's also funny that people who have long shrugged off covid as no big deal and just a little cough were the first ones to run to their local Farm & Feed when they heard it's a miracle cure. Covid doesn't worry you in the slightest yet here you are, squeezing a tube of horse paste down your gullet for "protection".

Comment

Working...
                                X