No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even after all the fuss about this statue, .. not one iota of history has changed. It all still happened.

One of America’s largest monuments to the Confederacy, the equestrian statue was lifted down to the ground just before 9 a.m. to jubilant shouts from a crowd of hundreds.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• 30 years service and I knew of a few but never saw an up close and personal Dishonorable Discharge. I saw some General Discharges Under Honorable Conditions, mostly from drug offenses, but a person really has to work at it to get anything worse than that.

They'll probably just release dumbasses that refuse the shot, the same as they discharged narrow minded bigots that couldn't deal with serving with gays
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• B5zDPx2q.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
          Perfect.

Comment

• M8n5liH8.png

Comment

• This is just embarrassing. Unifying force? Lee is lucky that the actual unifying forces (Namely Lincoln, Grant, Sherman, etc.) didn't hang him from the nearest oak tree.

E-zCEyMWYAkdufg?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• Not one mind was changed when the statue came down. Racists of all colors are still racists. Bigots of all colors are still bigots.

People who sympathize with the confederacy still do. Rednecks who put confederate flags on their pickup trucks, still do. In fact, picking at an old sore probably riled some people up. But, this is "America". We'll get thru it "together".
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Where can I send my donation for the George Floyd or Tony Fauci cardboard replacement?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    This is just embarrassing. Unifying force? Lee is lucky that the actual unifying forces (Namely Lincoln, Grant, Sherman, etc.) didn't hang him from the nearest oak tree.
                    This is just an incredibly misinformed statement ...... no surprise there considering the source. The Afghanistan thing is absurd.

Besides that, taking these icons of American culture and history down is a part of the dangerous strategy of the illiberal left to dismantle what that element of our current political milieu would call white supremacist, colonial history that America is based upon.

That characterization may not be entirely wrong. OTH, it is what produced global social and economic progress, the reunification of the US after the strife of Civil War and the defeat of Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan. Regardless of the race that lead these accomplishments, regardless that slavery was wrong and that systemic elements of it remain today, the core values of classic liberalism are what was behind them. It is the goal of the illiberal left to dismantle that as a starting point to impose a social state where government dictates.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jeff-

Saw this yesterday. This is from historian David Blight's book "Race and Reunion", about how the Lost Cause view of the South became the predominant view in US history textbooks. No one ever really talks about what people felt at the time these giant monuments to Confederate soldiers were being erected across the South. The statue of Lee was put up around 1890 and all three black members of the Richmond City Council voted against it. Frederick Douglass is someone who the modern Republican Party has very much glommed onto because he was a Republican in his time. But he spoke out extensively about the "Cult of Robert E. Lee" and what he saw as the rehabilitation of the Southern cause.

So resisting these massive monuments isn't solely the product of modern cancel culture. It was well understood at the time by black leaders that the purpose was to honor the Confederacy and enshrine its cause as something grand and glorious.

E-xbjMIWEAc1duZ?format=png&name=900x900.png

Comment

• Is anyone here arguing that the South was right? I guess I am confused.

Comment

• Funny that one of the biggest "take Trump out of context" moments of his presidency, what he really said, he was right. If you think progressives are going to stop at Robert E Lee, you are a fool.

Washington, Lincoln, Jefferson, we have already seen the radical left demand renaming and removing statues of these historical leaders. They literally are trying to remove both Robert E Lee and Abraham Lincoln from modern society, trying to erase them from the history books.

IMG_5241.jpg
                          Last edited by Kapture1; September 9, 2021, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• UW-Madison student gov votes to remove Lincoln statue, a 'remnant' of 'white supremacy'

Students argue that President Lincoln was "anti-Black,” "anti-Native” and “not pro-Black."

Following these calls to remove the statue, a resolution was introduced to the Associated Students of Madison (ASM) Student Council advocating for the removal of the Lincoln statue on campus.

The resolution states that the statue should be removed and replaced because it “serve[s] as remnants of this school’s history of white supremacy.”

“In order to create an inclusive and safe environment for all students, campus fixtures with racist remnants should be reevaluated and then removed and/or replaced based on inputs from BIPOC students,” the resolution states.

Comment

• The taking down of monuments comes from the disdain progs have for America. Globalist theology necessitates the minimizing of American greatness. If you view America as the problem, you have the underlying justification for open borders and surrender to terrorists. Destroying America and the Pax Americana is a necessary precondition for globalism.

Comment

• EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EF Z...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ. ..EFZ...EFZ...EFZ.EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EF Z...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ....EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ.. .EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...E FZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ.EFZ...EFZ...EFZ.. .EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ....EFZ...EFZ... EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EF Z...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ. ..EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ.EF Z...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ. ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...EFZ...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X