No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSL...how many calories and fat grams are in a Bic Mac Extra Value Meal?
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Initial Jobless claims down to 310k yesterday. The pre-pandemic norm was around 215k. Continuing claims still falling but not as fast as you'd like to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
        DSL...how many calories and fat grams are in a Bic Mac Extra Value Meal?
        I don't know. How many "hot wings" can you get from one bottle of Hunt''s Ketchup?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

As a supplemental preventative maybe? I don't know. The point being that yes, the drugs when taken under a doctor's guidance are harmless, but they are almost always promoted as a replacement for the vaccine, they do the job just as well, and are significantly safer. The science behind that is extremely shaky.
          Management measures such as Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine should be explored as alternatives to lockdowns, mask mandates, and vaccine mandates. Ultimately, nobody is saying that vaccines should be illegal or that you shouldn't be allowed to get one. But they are saying that before we violate "my body, my choice" by making our not-at-risk children wear masks in schools and forcing a jab into everyone, we should look at cheap alternatives that don't turn society into a great big social experiment.

I'm not aware of reliable clinical studies yet that prove the effectiveness of Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine, but the ineffectiveness of Covid measures in the US and Europe compared to our far less developed counterparts in places like India and South America is obvious by now. One major difference that is obvious is the use of mitigation measures in those countries that were written off in the opening days of the pandemic in the Western world. In no small part, because Orange Man mentioned them.
          Last edited by Hannibal; September 10, 2021, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• Interesting graph just from a historical perspective on how much has changed since 1970. Also interesting that at the time the Supreme Court made interracial marriage legal everywhere, public support for it was just under 20%.

E-7RrZXWEAIavUq?format=png&name=900x900.png

Comment

I don't know. How many "hot wings" can you get from one bottle of Hunt''s Ketchup?
              It's from Kraft BBQ sauce ya fuggin moron...if yer gunna smack...be accurate...

rookie
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

It's from Kraft BBQ sauce ya fuggin moron...if yer gunna smack...be accurate...

rookie
                Oh bullshit, you braggart. You use Great Value BBQ sauce and you know it.

Comment

• This one is so good I'm using it in my signature line. The liberal screeching from a statement like this by Trump would be ear-splitting.

"I am trying to protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated" - Joe Biden 9-9-21

Roll that one around a bit.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• In light of our "perhaps could have been better" withdrawal from Afghanistan, I've reached out to some friends who are still on active duty. These are guys that have been around long enough to have climbed the ranks and I wanted some perspective on WTF is going on with our military. The "wokeness" angle was acknowledged but downplayed and I was assured that we maintain an elite and lethal fighting force that can handle any task they're given. The biggest problem seems to stem from senior leadership. As Trump called them, "the TV generals". A guy with 21 years and 7 deployments under his belt told me the generals are so far removed that they really have no idea what's happening with front line soldiers and those who are actually doing the work. It's an ivory tower mindset like what we see in academia. Granted, there is always some level of disconnect in any large organization but the issue seems to be rapidly worsening in the Army.

Then I saw this yesterday. An American 3-star general didn't know the difference between American and British troops.

LTG Gervais.jpg
                    It doesn't take long for anyone familiar with our military that A) these are not U.S. Army uniforms, B) those are not the weapons we use, and C) I don't even recognize the aircraft they are in. It certainly isn't a C-17. So what exactly is Lieutenant General Gervais' job? She's the commander of the U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC).

She has deleted the original tweets but I found an article about it with some decent zingers. JFC.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/09...icans-1129774/

Comment

I've seen very very few people suggesting ivermectin or hydroxycloriquine as a treatment working in conjunction with the vaccines. If that were the case the promoters would be harmless, maybe even beneficial. But nearly everyone touting these drugs argues that they render the vaccines totally unnecessary and are a "less dangerous" alternative.
                      I doubt if these statements are true. Do you have any evidence? The reason you have a misperception of what is actually being said is you admit that CNN is a primary news source for you. Your belief that "...they render the vaccines totally unnecessary..." is also not what "nearly everyone" believes. I know of no one who believes that, any more than believing that ivermectin is just a horse dewormer. The propaganda is overwhelming you, Strange.

The point is that this is a risk analysis we all have to do. The existence of therapeutics makes the tiny risk of death from covid even more unlikely, and thus those who believe in the therapeutics feel they have even less chance of death than without therapeutics. That might affect their vaccination decision. Those who start with the premise "all should be vaccinated in order to achieve herd immunity" logically come to the conclusion that therapeutics are harmful overall to the quest for all to be vaccinated. The premise is incorrect. The premise should be something on the order of "we should minimize human suffering from covid". If ivermectin reduces the severity of covid symptoms, that is a good thing, and should not be censored.

Comment

Oh bullshit, you braggart. You use Great Value BBQ sauce and you know it.
                        Objection. Hearsay. I move to strike.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Interesting graph just from a historical perspective on how much has changed since 1970. Also interesting that at the time the Supreme Court made interracial marriage legal everywhere, public support for it was just under 20%.

E-7RrZXWEAIavUq?format=png&name=900x900.png
                          So if I'm reading this graph correctly, it indicates that we are an irredeemably racist country, correct?

Comment

• Geraghty is, of course, spitting truth re current situation and the Chairman's ill-conceived plan: https://www.nationalreview.com/the-m...ball-strategy/
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

So if I'm reading this graph correctly, it indicates that we are an irredeemably racist country, correct?
                              Yes. And if you are born with white skin, you lead the pack.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                Geraghty is, of course, spitting truth re current situation and the Chairman's ill-conceived plan: https://www.nationalreview.com/the-m...ball-strategy/
                                “Based on available data from the summer, only one of out of every 160,000 fully vaccinated Americans was hospitalized for COVID per day,” he said. “Recent data indicates there is only one confirmed positive case per 5,000 fully vaccinated Americans per day.” But then, Biden spoke as if unvaccinated Americans were endangering vaccinated Americans. “The bottom line: We’re going to protect vaccinated workers from unvaccinated co-workers.”

lmao, wut?!

Comment

Working...
                                X