Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And tickets to that affair were 30K.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• ...so you were there? Damn liney...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Shhhh.... I pawned Jeff's Cadillac Escalade to get the dough ...

Comment

• Very resourceful my friend...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Amazingly, Larry Elder is not elected Governor of California. Shocking. It looks like another blue tidal wave in 2022.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• California: Record unemployment. Record homelessness. Crime running rampant. A dictator for governor who is opposed to religious freedoms and personal liberties. Among the highest taxes in the nation. People leaving in record numbers.

California voters: "Sounds fine to me"

Comment

• Well, California didn't say "fine with me" -- they chose the Governor over talk radio host. And more importantly, California is an important lab in our concept of federalism. They have tried and are trying lots of things and producing certain results that the rest of the states can look at and assess as to whether they'd like to follow course.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                  California: Record unemployment. Record homelessness. Crime running rampant. A dictator for governor who is opposed to religious freedoms and personal liberties. Among the highest taxes in the nation. People leaving in record numbers.

California voters: "Sounds fine to me"
                  When it comes to a black conservative, progressives morph into Edward Norton from American History X

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Well, California didn't say "fine with me" -- they chose the Governor over talk radio host. And more importantly, California is an important lab in our concept of federalism. They have tried and are trying lots of things and producing certain results that the rest of the states can look at and assess as to whether they'd like to follow course.
                    Newsome's poll numbers were much worse two months ago when the question was only "do you support recalling the Governor?". Basically a job performance question. When the Republicans coalesced around Larry Elder, who promised to govern as Donald Trump might do, his numbers surged.

Comment

• Newsome probably would have lost if it were another D running. But, as it is, there's zero way California is electing a R statewide. Perhaps that will change at some point, but that's how it is now.

Comment

• The first thing Newsome and the Cal Dems should do is change California's ridiculous recall law. I knew the bar was low for initiating one, but only 1/8? That's pitifully low.

Only need signatures from 1/8 of 2018's voters to initiate a recall AND the GOP had double the normal length of time to collect them because of covid restrictions. And how many people sign things walking into a grocery store just to make the guy with a clipboard go away? Not a reliable indiciator of how they will vote or if they even WILL vote.

Comment

• Well, there are a lot of ridiculous laws in California (IMO). The recall one is not at the top of the list. However, now that the Ds have virtual autocratic power, that will be the first one they fix. Since there's zero chance of there ever being an R in state office, then there's no need for the Ds to have an easy recall process.

California is what it is. It (along with other states) highlights the problems of one-party dominance (IMO).

Comment

• California has plenty of problems. I still disagree with you that a Republican has no chance of ever winning a statewide race there, but conservative talk show hosts and people closely tied to Trump surely ain't got a prayer. Now the idea of Republicans taking control of the state legislature is waaaaaay more of a longshot than the Governorship.

Comment

• The only republicans that have a chance in California is a Mitt Romney type of republican. so basically a democrat.

hard pass.

Comment

• I don’t care what you think of President Trump, the Chairman of the JCOS working to subvert the military chain of command and collude with China is exactly what we do not accept from military leaders in our country. He should be court martialed if true.

Comment

Working...
                                X