Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    The Chairman clocks in at 44-51 in the latest NPR poll.
    Trafalgar has Whitmer down by 6 points in their latest Michigan governor poll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Trafalgar has Whitmer down by 6 points in their latest Michigan governor poll.
      And what's worse for her, is that she's down big with independent voters, who are the ones who usually determine the election outcome. When independents go out and vote in large numbers, they can overcome the Dems built-in advantages in SE Michigan.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• <<built-in advantages>>

Comment

• Yup, truckloads of "built-in advantages" ready for election night.

Comment

• But but but we have affidavits signed by crackheads, sex offenders, and drunks and they say Biden himself was printing ballots out in the TCF Center parking garage. It's NOT FAIR you GOTTA reverse the election

40 year old virgin crybaby GIF

Comment

Attached Files
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I want to word this in a respectful way because it's horrible what happened. Do you agree that the Gabby Petito media obsession (left and right) is ridiculously overblown? The number of murders and deaths that happen on a daily basis. I don't need to see this as the top story for three weeks straight whenever I check the news.
                RIP Gabby. It's tragic. At the same time, stop being so overblown with the media attention... Stop distracting people from real world problems. I'm not saying their intent is to distract from Biden or actual current news ... Fox News is doing this too.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Americans love crime stories, especially when a cute young blonde is involved. Look at how many crime shows there are on network tv for decades.

Would say on the flip side that without the huge national attention for the past week, her remains are possibly never found. Those folks who spotted the van parked in a remote campsite never would have connected it in their minds to a crime.

Comment

• Y84mJoh.png

But can they keep their whips 🙄

Comment

• Heh. I'm looking forward to the WaPo actually fact checking that story.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Predictions on eventual outcome of this debt ceiling business?

Comment

• I guess it all depends on Manchin and Sinema, right? Have a hunch they will come through for the Ds with how significant they are making this out to be.

Good ole times when the US national debt for only ~$5 trillion in the late 90s. Last 4 presidents? Spend, spend, spend, spend!
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Predictions on eventual outcome of this debt ceiling business?
                            I agree with Cody. Manchin and Sinema have a chance to be good soldiers and vote with the Dems. This is "just" about raising the ceiling, something that will be done in any event.

The less likely (but more interesting) outcome would be a government shutdown blaming the Rs for not going along with the debt ceiling raise. I don't remember any case where the Rs have come out favorably from a shutdown. Voters cannot abide paying large remuneration to federal employees sitting at home. The controlled media always pushes this take. Rs should allow a shutdown and their messaging should be that working folks do just fine without the federal government.

Rs don't have the guts to insist that the federal employees not be paid during a shutdown, which would be the way to not have shutdowns. The difference this time is that the Ds fully control Congress. Remember the messaging around "repeal and replace"? It was that even with control, the Rs couldn't repeal Obamacare. What was lost was that the filibuster was in play, and McCain would have been the 60th vote. Same deal here. If less than 10 Rs in the Senate don't vote to raise the ceiling, nothing will get done. McConnell says Rs won't help. BUT, the Rs won't be as clever with messaging as the Ds were with "repeal".

At this point, I'd expect Chairman Joe to ignore the debt ceiling entirely, and maintain spending under some form of emergency executive power. Hey, it would take 2 years to get that before the SC.
                            Last edited by Da Geezer; September 22, 2021, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• E_4J_3FUcAU3YZt?format=jpg&amp;name=small.jpg

Comment

• The Ds have to get something done on the debt ceiling. They're in power. They run everything. If there's a government shutdown then it's on them.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X