No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Democrats had known what Sinema was going to do, they wouldn't have made sure to find all of those midnight votes in the trunks of cars for her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

Seriously though, what did you expect from a guy who's best selling point was that he's been in Washington, with virtually nothing to show for it, since 1972?
      It’s kinda like what I felt after we hired Mike Shula. He absolutely didn’t have the track record to get the job, but you say to yourself, “Hey, he might work out. Let’s hope so, anyway.” Magical thinking isn't just reserved for kids and cosplayers.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• While I am a Democrat my only expectation from him was that he would beat Donald Trump. Which he did.

That is one of Biden's problems. Unlike Trump or Obama, people have never passionately supported him. He was just the guy that can beat Trump. So his floor of support could be much, much lower than either Trump or Obama. No one's inclined to irrationally defend Biden like the previous two. He's not a cultural totem.

The only current problem (IMO) that would have been significantly different under Trump is the border.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          Meanwhile, The Chairman's Homeland Security Security is "surprised" that all these illegal immigrants are Covid-positive at a rate of "approximately 20%." https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...rised-mayorkas

Now, of course, that doesn't mean they can't come into the country and melt away whilst they await their hearing. Oh, FFS, that would be cruel. Now, if you're a US citizen and/or fully vaccinated person, you need to show proof of a negative Covid test before boarding a flight to come to the US. The Democratic Party, people, the Democratic Party.

And, lol, the Chairman says they aren't for open borders. LOL.
          Well, they are not for open NORTHERN borders. A Sen. from Montana was interviewed this morning. Canadians cannot cross the border from the north. Canada has an 80% vaccination rate. Haitians, on the other hand, have a 1% vaccination rate, so they are welcome on the southern border. An estimated 20% of Haitians are covid-positive.

No one says it, but the "browning of America" has been an open goal of the Dem party for the last 20 years or so. All the talk of the "party of the ascendant" is basically that whites in the US do not have a reproduction rate anywhere near that of blacks and browns. The Chairman is merely helping out the process by promising the gimme-dats (great phrase MIke) and opening the borders.

Some countries charge immigrants to become citizens. In the Caribbean, it costs 100-150k. Europe, around $ 1 Million. So let's be aware that these migrants are stealing something of great value. Now that they are in the country, the push for amnesty will intensify and will eventually happen.

Comment

• The only current problem (IMO) that would have been significantly different under Trump is the border.
            I agree with this. But, again, the Chairman ran on competence vs incompetence. Suggesting that a change in leadership doesn't really matter for some problems undercuts that (it also undercuts the core belief for some that Government can solve all or nearly all problems). And, again, we're still waiting on what happens with this infrastructure/non infrastructure spending spree.

Now, the thing that's surprised me the most is how much he's "lost his fastball." To my eyes, he doesn't seem any more able or in command than his predecessor. I guess I shouldn't be surprised because I've seen it my grandparents and other older folks. It happens. Nothing wrong with it, but those people weren't the leader of the free world, at least ostensibly.
            Last edited by iam416; September 30, 2021, 08:50 AM.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Well, they are not for open NORTHERN borders. A Sen. from Montana was interviewed this morning. Canadians cannot cross the border from the north. Canada has an 80% vaccination rate. Haitians, on the other hand, have a 1% vaccination rate, so they are welcome on the southern border. An estimated 20% of Haitians are covid-positive.

No one says it, but the "browning of America" has been an open goal of the Dem party for the last 20 years or so. All the talk of the "party of the ascendant" is basically that whites in the US do not have a reproduction rate anywhere near that of blacks and browns. The Chairman is merely helping out the process by promising the gimme-dats (great phrase MIke) and opening the borders.

Some countries charge immigrants to become citizens. In the Caribbean, it costs 100-150k. Europe, around $ 1 Million. So let's be aware that these migrants are stealing something of great value. Now that they are in the country, the push for amnesty will intensify and will eventually happen.
              Only addressing this part but citizenship in the US ain't free. Unless you really, really know what you're doing and are really good with English, you almost definitely need a lawyer. And the filing fees for all the forms run in the thousands. Just getting a high-skill work visa will probably run around $10,000 between all the various costs. I don't know if this has changed but USCIS pre-Trump was one of the few federal agencies that turned a profit every year.

When you say it costs a $1 million to get citizenship in a lot of Europe you're referring to their fast-track Investment resident programs which are comparable to the EB-5 program in the USA. Getting a green card through your EB-5 is significantly faster depending on the country but it's very expensive. Over $1M. That buys you citizenship in like a year. But Europe has normal paths to citizenship too and if you're willing to wait years and years and the chance they'll reject you, the costs of applying are basically the same as in the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                While I am a Democrat my only expectation from him was that he would beat Donald Trump. Which he did.

That is one of Biden's problems. Unlike Trump or Obama, people have never passionately supported him. He was just the guy that can beat Trump. So his floor of support could be much, much lower than either Trump or Obama. No one's inclined to irrationally defend Biden like the previous two. He's not a cultural totem.

The only current problem (IMO) that would have been significantly different under Trump is the border.
                I agree with everything except the last sentence. The reconciliation bill, although no yet law, is a looming problem that wouldn't be on the table if Trump were reelected. I tend to believe the Afghanistan withdrawal would have been handled much better if for no other reason than Trump's vanity. He wouldn't want to look stupid like Biden currently does. Difference is Biden doesn't even realize it. I also wonder how the vaccination rates among various demos would look if he had won and offered a strong endorsement for the vaccine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

DSL,

Even if the border is the only problem that would be better under Trump, and if all other things are handled as equally ineptly as Trump would have, the border is a huge fucking deal - which makes Biden into a Trump with a better Twitter persona and a much worse border.

I honestly knew the border would be worse under Biden, but I thought (a) if wouldn’t be as bad as he’s made it, and (b) I hoped that other important areas would be better.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                    If Democrats had known what Sinema was going to do, they wouldn't have made sure to find all of those midnight votes in the trunks of cars for her.
                    a week after election night.

Comment

• I also wonder how the vaccination rates among various demos would look if he had won and offered a strong endorsement for the vaccine.
                      People are refusing the vaccines NOW because of Trump. "I ain't taking no TRUMP vaccine". Dems started that thought and have never been able to reel it back in. Joe and Giggles can get 50 on-camera jabs if they like, but people who think that the vaccines are something evil that Trump came up with, aren't going to get jabbed. And most of those folks are AA. I guarantee The Chairman and Giggles won't threaten them, though.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Dems did not start that thought, Trump did. He was claiming credit before any vaccines were approved. Outside the Trump cult members, no one thinks of any vaccine as a "Trump vaccine". What you are reciting is cult disinformation.

Here's an article about the subject by an African American.

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...istrust-doubts
                        I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• When Michigan made Ford Field, in the middle of Detroit, a vaccine facility with the capability of vaccinating thousands of people per day, and most of the people who showed up to get jabbed were white suburbanites, I don't believe that it makes me a victim of the trump cult, or qualifies as propaganda. Its just the truth.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

I agree with everything except the last sentence. The reconciliation bill, although no yet law, is a looming problem that wouldn't be on the table if Trump were reelected. I tend to believe the Afghanistan withdrawal would have been handled much better if for no other reason than Trump's vanity. He wouldn't want to look stupid like Biden currently does. Difference is Biden doesn't even realize it. I also wonder how the vaccination rates among various demos would look if he had won and offered a strong endorsement for the vaccine.
                            I wrote paragraphs on Afghanistan, kept changing them, deleting them, fuck it. I'll be brief.

I think Trump would've handled the PR side of it a lot better. It wouldn't have been so embarrassing. But with a substantially different outcome? No. They were going to scramble like hell to rescue civilians too. They had an entire year to start getting them out and as far as I know did nothing. They didn't grant a single SIV to any Afghan in Trump's final year of office. I mean, do you honestly feel very confident Trump would've organized a smooth operation in just a couple months to rescue 100,000+ people? I mean I'll eat crow if there's evidence out there that Trump left behind detailed plans on how these people were all going to be taken out by May 1. I don't entirely blame him, he was dealing with a lot more important things back home.

Comment

• And none of what I wrote above absolves Biden in any way.

Comment

• X0wh1cVg.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X