No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also interesting that the people chasing down Sinema into the restroom use the slogan "Build Back Better", which is the product of globalist think tanks and has nothing to do with immigration.

Kinda makes ya wonder, eh?

Comment

• Yesterday evening, the Economist published a revealing article about the end of the age of oil abundance. There are a lot of reasons for it outside the green movement, which IMO has had some impact but other factors involving a lack of investment and a desire of OPEC+ to ride high oil prices as long as possible is the main reason the price of oil has hit $81pb. The COVID slump in demand and attendant drop in production has lowered typical reserves measured in years by 1/2. So, carbon based fuels are going to be pricey for the long term. Gas in FL is around $3.15pg a year ago it was under 2 bucks for a while. Driving is costly and will stay that way. Luckily, we don't have to worry about heating oil.

The thing that bugs me the most about this reality is the lack of planning on how to manage decarbonization and wisely transition to cleaner energy sources. I'm fine with that concept - alongside development of technologies that soften a difficult transition - but the execution of it sucks ....... I've not seen a single plan come out of the energy industry or any sort of global cooperation to bring it about. Lots of entrenched interests on both sides. Global citizens will be collateral damage in however this plays out in the next 25y.
      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Whoa, FBI raids the headquarters of the NYPD's Sergeants Union

The controversial president of the union representing NYPD sergeants resigned Tuesday after federal investigators searched the union’s headquarters and his home. Sergeants Benevolent Associat…

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
          The COVID slump in demand and attendant drop in production has lowered typical reserves measured in years by 1/2. So, carbon-based fuels are going to be pricey for the long term. Gas in FL is around $3.15pg a year ago it was under 2 bucks for a while. Driving is costly and will stay that way. Luckily, we don't have to worry about heating oil.
          Can you explain to me how a slump in demand and a drop in supply results in less oil in the ground in terms of years-of-supply? That is just not so. We have not reduced our oil reserves owing to covid-related economic inactivity.

The reason driving will be costly is that the Globalists are intervening in the market in order to affect supply. Why do you think gasoline prices have risen by about 65% in the last 9 months? This is not a market reaction, but rather a political intervention.

Until the Globalists prove that their theory of global warming (the greenhouse effect) actually exists, none of the prescriptions they espouse have any validity. The fact that we are coming out of the Little Ice Age into more normal ranges of temperatures, is not something caused by the use of hydrocarbons, no matter how many times the progressives say it is so. The single validating fact of any scientific theory is its predictive ability. There have been ZERO accurate predictions of future warming. Ever. And the truth is that all predictions of warming have been on the high side. Why do you suppose that is? Fear is a powerful motivator for those who want control and this hand-wringing over the temperature in 2100 is utterly unwarranted.

Jeff, once again I ask you to investigate The Julian Simon Bet. Markets work if they are left alone. Today's artificially high oil price is partly because there has been a concerted effort to ban the production of oil and gas in Europe and in the US. It is partly because of an oligopoly in OPEC+. I suspect that Exxon and Chevron would love to produce more oil if they did not face the political headwinds. Of course, if we left the market alone, we wouldn't have any of this green energy silliness like solar panels or windmills that are not cost-effective at all. We would have more dams and nuclear reactors.

The US should be producing oil and gas in a balls-to-the-walls manner and using it to drive down costs for everyone. Until Globalists are able to produce a prediction that is accurate relating to global warming, we should trust the market.

Comment

• The lunatics are in charge of your society. And most of you chose it willingly because you didn't like the guy who made the mean tweets.

00-238.jpg

Comment

• The lunatics are in charge of all of society. So now there is a man in women's lingerie on the cover of Playboy instead of a woman.

211004-bretman-rock-playboy-cover-se-133p-2f1f1a.jpg

Comment

• US oil production hit an all-time high in 2019. Current projections show 2021 as being the 3rd highest production year ever, even after the US rig count hit an all-time low in 2020.

Are there artificial restrictions on supply that keep the price up? Yes, but Saudi Arabia and Russia can suffer low prices much more than US shale drillers can. There's no US shale driller that wants oil priced around $25-$30 a barrel. Simply uneconomic.

Comment

• At UM-Flint yesterday there was an alert issued about possible gunshots. They immediately went into their lockdown protocols and the police responded. It was quickly discovered that there were no shots fired and the "all clear" was given in a span of 12 minutes. This led to canceled classes well after the incident. Grief counselors and mental health services are being made available. The reaction was as if there was an actual shooting with mass casualties. Some students say they were traumatized by the site of the police with guns. The pussification of society continues and college kids seem to be more afraid of the police than a (possible) school shooter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                    Also interesting that the people chasing down Sinema into the restroom use the slogan "Build Back Better", which is the product of globalist think tanks and has nothing to do with immigration.

Kinda makes ya wonder, eh?
                    They are hounding her everywhere she goes. They got her on her flight back to D.C. yesterday and upon arrival at Regan Airport. Seems mostly immigration related but if the activists had a clue, they would know the Senate parliamentarian has already struck that from the bill since it has nothing to do with the budget.

Comment

• Geezer, I urge you to get a subscription to the Economist so you can read the articles that I cannot do justice to in the forum. The issues you raise about oil pricing are addressed in the article. I refuse to cut and past pay-walled content so, I miss some of the points.
                      There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

They are hounding her everywhere she goes. They got her on her flight back to D.C. yesterday and upon arrival at Regan Airport. Seems mostly immigration related but if the activists had a clue, they would know the Senate parliamentarian has already struck that from the bill since it has nothing to do with the budget.
                        They are delusional and think Chuck and Sleepy Joe will overrule the Parliamentarian.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                          Geezer, I urge you to get a subscription to the Economist so you can read the articles that I cannot do justice to in the forum. The issues you raise about oil pricing are addressed in the article. I refuse to cut and past pay-walled content so, I miss some of the points.
                          Jeff. I am friends with one of the senior editors of The Economist and have subscribed in the past. The magazine has become a hard-left outlet. I canceled my subscription about the same time I canceled my subscription to National Review. Those two publications are a far cry from what they once were.

But I again urge you to read about the Julian Simon bet. It disproves any case that a natural resource is "running out" globally. When the price of "rare earth" metals gets high enough, Greenland will be brought into production. Ya gotta love Trump bringing up the possibility of purchasing Greenland from the Danes, BTW.

I'll also point out that when Covid hit, economic activity dropped and the supply of oil so outpaced the demand for oil that on one settlement date the price of oil went negative. That is what the market does, and it is disquieting to the powerful. The reason gas stayed below $ 2.00 in most of the US was a function of demand catching up to supply. But, under this administration, supply has been artificially constrained by regulation and by subsidies for competing energy producers. So now we have $ 3.15 gasoline.

What is your best evidence that anthropogenic global warming exists? What correct predictions have been made using this "best evidence"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

They are delusional and think Chuck and Sleepy Joe will overrule the Parliamentarian.

Also, in the name of democracy, they should be able to pass multi-trillion dollar legislation with 48 votes in the Senate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Jeff. I am friends with one of the senior editors of The Economist and have subscribed in the past. The magazine has become a hard-left outlet. I canceled my subscription about the same time I canceled my subscription to National Review. Those two publications are a far cry from what they once were.

But I again urge you to read about the Julian Simon bet. It disproves any case that a natural resource is "running out" globally. When the price of "rare earth" metals gets high enough, Greenland will be brought into production. Ya gotta love Trump bringing up the possibility of purchasing Greenland from the Danes, BTW.

I'll also point out that when Covid hit, economic activity dropped and the supply of oil so outpaced the demand for oil that on one settlement date the price of oil went negative. That is what the market does, and it is disquieting to the powerful. The reason gas stayed below $ 2.00 in most of the US was a function of demand catching up to supply. But, under this administration, supply has been artificially constrained by regulation and by subsidies for competing energy producers. So now we have $ 3.15 gasoline.

What is your best evidence that anthropogenic global warming exists? What correct predictions have been made using this "best evidence"?
                              Gasoline and oil are no more expensive right now than in 2018, under Trump's deregulatory eye, and significantly cheaper than in 2014 or 2008.

Also LOL at the Economist being a "Hard Left" publication. Of course, you're the guy who calls everything to your left Marxism, and have since you pulled the lever for Hoover in 1932.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

Also, in the name of democracy, they should be able to pass multi-trillion dollar legislation with 48 votes in the Senate.
                                Heh, Budget stuff gets passed if there's 48 votes and anything non-budget gets defeated if there's 41 votes. Call it the Sinema Rule

Comment

Working...
                                X