No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't recall I've ever taken a strong position on the factors that determine the price of a barrel of crude. First, the complexity of oil pricing isn't something in my wheelhouse. Second, the point of my original post was to say "gas prices are high" on a comparative basis. Nothing else. I appreciate it that my post allowed for people who do know more about oil pricing to comment.

However to put me in the same political camp as DSL is a lot like saying Ronald Reagan and Bernie Sanders could run on the same ticket. Fucking below the belt. Way below it. Liney is blowing the whistle right now, loudly and signaling ............PERSONAL FOUL.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jeff BuchanDSLan.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
        Re Kature's post on Vaccines for "kids" .......

Context: Age ranges are an important consideration as well as other factors that should be weighed in determining whether "kids" (not sufficiently defined in the post) both under and over 12 should be vaccinated. It's definitely not black and white and age range matters.

The numbers in the pictorial provided above are from a BBC article dated September 3rd. A separate article from the same source (JCVI -The Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunization advises UK health departments on immunization.) Provides some additional comment.

Whether or not the US should be following the Brits vaccine policies, or any other country's vaccine policy, is debatable. Most countries tend to look carefully at whoever is out in front with a particular COVID policy initiative and still go their own way. The UK and Israel, Germany not far behind, have been out front with both published (not peer reviewed) COVID studies of all kinds. It's natural for the press to jump on these. I'm fine with that as long as context is provided when citing them. Chinese and Russian studies, especially the Chinese, are not all bad- there's controversy over how they are conducted. They tend to lack the control, repeatability and power of the same studies in the West.

TBF the weight of the evidence I've read about vaccines for 12-15 and then under 12 is equivocal for both age groups. My gut feeling, based on my knowledge and experience in studying this stuff is that the 12-15yo age group should probably be vaccinated. Those under 12, probably not. Still, what vax policy should be in the pediatric age groups is not altogether clear.

The link below is dated 14 September, and if your interested in this, the later article provides a bit more background and context.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58423152
        aoq9e8CN.jpg

Denmark has said it will no longer offer the shot to under 18s
        Last edited by Kapture1; October 6, 2021, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
          I don't recall I've ever taken a strong position on the factors that determine the price of a barrel of crude. First, the complexity of oil pricing isn't something in my wheelhouse. Second, the point of my original post was to say "gas prices are high" on a comparative basis. Nothing else. I appreciate it that my post allowed for people who do know more about oil pricing to comment.

However to put me in the same political camp as DSL is a lot like saying Ronald Reagan and Bernie Sanders could run on the same ticket. Fucking below the belt. Way below it. Liney is blowing the whistle right now, loudly and signaling ............PERSONAL FOUL.
          No worries, the complexity of oil pricing isn't in Geezer's wheelhouse either. He's just weaving a narrative that fits his ideological prison. He doesn't ask questions in good faith. Weeks ago he laughably dared us all to name just one single lie Trump had ever told as President. I named one, he never brought it up again. Never acknowledged he was wrong (he never does). Just moved on.

His beliefs are centered on faith, not evidence. He believes Democrats pay for millions of illegals to vote, therefore it must be true. He believes the price of oil is being set entirely by the Biden administration, because they're "Marxists", therefore it must be true. Why should he have to present evidence? If you don't agree with him then you too are a Marxist.

Simple truth is that the US in 2021, under Biden, is set to have its third highest oil production in history, despite still coming back online after everything went silent in 2020 due to the total collapse of global demand. Prices aren't high because the govt is choking back supply, making it impossible to drill.
          Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; October 6, 2021, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• 9mcf1wik.jpg

Anti-Antifa symbols are now considered a white supremacists' hate symbol, according to the "non-partisan" ADL.

Comment

• The Lt. Governor of Idaho is a grand-standing moron and a bitter rival of the actual Governor. This is not the first time she's done something like this. The last time the Governor left the state, she immediately began issuing executive orders as "acting Governor" which got promptly reversed days later.

The maneuvering of Idaho’s top leaders came while Little was in Texas meeting with nine other Republican governors over concerns on how President Joe Biden is handling border issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                The Lt. Governor of Idaho is a grand-standing moron and a bitter rival of the actual Governor. This is not the first time she's done something like this. The last time the Governor left the state, she immediately began issuing executive orders as "acting Governor" which got promptly reversed days later.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...mexico-border/
                Attached Files

Comment

• Hurtful, Tom. Hurtful

Comment

• I heard about the Idaho thing. What’s funny is he is at the border working on that crisis (wtf?) while she is up there trying to send Idaho troops down.

That border Idaho shares with Mexico must be bolstered.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                      9mcf1wik.jpg

Anti-Antifa symbols are now considered a white supremacists' hate symbol, according to the "non-partisan" ADL.

The most important hate group that the ADL has yet to identify as a hate group is the ADL.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        I heard about the Idaho thing. What’s funny is he is at the border working on that crisis (wtf?) while she is up there trying to send Idaho troops down.

That border Idaho shares with Mexico must be bolstered.
                        The next gubernatorial election there is gonna be lit

Comment

• I mean I hate Marxists and Commies. So technically correct about it being a hate symbol.

Comment

• I guess life really is a circle when opposing jackbooted brown shirts makes you the white supremacist.

Comment

• The Democrats want to be THE Party. They want no dissent. Do as they say, or you'll be punished. If the voters keep enabling them, we will have one-party rule in the US. That's where its headed.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                                The Democrats want to be THE Party. They want no dissent. Do as they say, or you'll be punished. If the voters keep enabling them, we will have one-party rule in the US. That's where its headed.
                                As opposed to the Republican party, where all opinions are welcome, so long as you do anything Donald Trump wants. If you aren't willing to flatter him, grovel before him, bend the knee and kiss his belt buckle, be prepared to be purged. Dissent is NOT tolerated.

Comment

Working...
                                X