No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Trump wants to run again, he'll have relatively clear sailing through the primary. That won't be a concern. Someone like DeSantis is young enough that, assuming he wins reelection in Florida next year, can wait until 2028 without getting bruised by Trump.

Comment

• Something along the lines of Manchin/Lamb.
      LMMFAO. I mean, I get that it's a statement of what the Ds "need" to do, but that ain't happening in a million fucking years.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Thank God for the Deep State, btw. They're the ones who kept the govt functioning. They made it possible for Trump and his retinue of lickspittles and flatterers to focus on more important things like going on tv and sending out tweets about tv and pimping books written by conservative tv hosts. Without the Deep State, someone like Omarosa would've been running the CIA or some shit. Jesus Christ. Amazed Chuck Woolery never got a Cabinet spot.
        If the federal bureaucracy was laid off tomorrow it wouldn't affect me at all. Nor would it affect the vast majority of private-sector working people in this country. Every time there is a shutdown, "essential workers" keep the federal government running. I say fire all the "non-essential" workers and rehire as needed.

What this is about is the takers v. the makers. Makers tend to be conservative and are still a majority in this country, Takers are those who take money from the government particularly those who "work" for the government. Federal employees make 50% more than private-sector workers doing the same work, No wonder Biden got 96% of the vote in DC. Even FDR knew that public-sector unions were a threat to the US, and we see the ramifications of allowing those unions to exist today. Between 85-90% of Dems rely on the government for their primary income (not including SS recipients).

And I'll preempt the calls for paying for what have been called Common Goods. Those are things like defense and roads and management of things we all hold in common, like wild animals. Even these are basically left to the states by the 10th Amendment. There is no justification to pay the lazy for not working.

Comment

• IMO, much of what ails America can be cured by adding "political beliefs" to the list of things protected under the various Civil Rights Act(s). Is there "disparate impact" in hiring for higher education?

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

If the federal bureaucracy was laid off tomorrow it wouldn't affect me at all. Nor would it affect the vast majority of private-sector working people in this country. Every time there is a shutdown, "essential workers" keep the federal government running. I say fire all the "non-essential" workers and rehire as needed.

What this is about is the takers v. the makers. Makers tend to be conservative and are still a majority in this country, Takers are those who take money from the government particularly those who "work" for the government. Federal employees make 50% more than private-sector workers doing the same work, No wonder Biden got 96% of the vote in DC. Even FDR knew that public-sector unions were a threat to the US, and we see the ramifications of allowing those unions to exist today. Between 85-90% of Dems rely on the government for their primary income (not including SS recipients).

And I'll preempt the calls for paying for what have been called Common Goods. Those are things like defense and roads and management of things we all hold in common, like wild animals. Even these are basically left to the states by the 10th Amendment. There is no justification to pay the lazy for not working.
            I'm fine with paying some people to stay home. You know the sort I am talking about, everyone has worked with this type before.

Comment

• From today's WSJ

Editor’s note: As November’s global climate conference in Glasgow draws near, important facts about climate change don’t always make it into the dominant media coverage. We’re here to help. Each Thursday contributor Bjorn Lomborg will provide some important background so readers can have a better understanding of the true effects of climate change and the real costs of climate policy.

Politicians across the world routinely promise unprecedented reductions of carbon emissions but make little mention of the cost, often covering with vivid projections of green jobs. Yet the economic damage these policies would do is much greater than what most voters would tolerate, while the climate benefits are smaller than many would imagine.
              __________________________________________________ ____________

Comment

Once again I say I don't know any Republican or any conservative who wants Trump to run in 2024. If he were a patriot, he would announce after 2022 that he was not running and would support the R nominee. Biden was elected because he was not Trump, and if you want to stop the hard left from continuing to destroy the country, then Trump himself should take himself out of the running. His incredible ego and narcissistic personality mean he will never do this. You think he is an asshole now, wait until he loses a R primary. He will destroy the R party before he will accept defeat.
                There are tons of Rs who still want him to run. This channel (just a for instance) does some good vote prediction/analytical work and about 99% of the comments in the videos related to Trump are longing for him to run again in 2024.

This channel consists of political commentary, strategy, and analysis from a right-leaning perspective.

Comment

From today's WSJ

Editor’s note: As November’s global climate conference in Glasgow draws near, important facts about climate change don’t always make it into the dominant media coverage. We’re here to help. Each Thursday contributor Bjorn Lomborg will provide some important background so readers can have a better understanding of the true effects of climate change and the real costs of climate policy.

Politicians across the world routinely promise unprecedented reductions of carbon emissions but make little mention of the cost, often covering with vivid projections of green jobs. Yet the economic damage these policies would do is much greater than what most voters would tolerate, while the climate benefits are smaller than many would imagine.
                  __________________________________________________ ____________
                  There are quite a few reasons why nobody talks about these costs. Perhaps the biggest one is because the movement is being spearheaded by charlatans who stand to make millions on producing and selling carbon credits and renewable fuel credits. That $10,000 per consumer means nothing to a Wall Street millionaire.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                    If you think it was about “mean tweets” you are a fucking moron
                    It was about his personality. And that's basically it. Maybe not for you, but for all of the Rs who crossed the aisle.

Comment

• LOL

They crossed the aisle because they realized he was a piece of shit and bad for the country.

Mean tweets.

Jesus.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                        LOL

They crossed the aisle because they realized he was a piece of shit and bad for the country.

Mean tweets.

Jesus.
                        so they voted for that piece of shit Biden who is terrible for the country (objectively so). super smart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

It was about his personality. And that's basically it. Maybe not for you, but for all of the Rs who crossed the aisle.
                          It was about his personality for the people that voted FOR him too. He FIGHTS!!!!!

Comment

• Speaking of the highly-respected former POTUS, he's been ordered to be deposed next week in some lawsuit I never heard of before. Stems from an incident outside Trump Tower in 2015 after the infamous "Mexicans are rapists and killers" speech

Former President Trump must sit for a videotaped deposition next week as part of a lawsuit involving his anti-immigrant rhetoric, a judge in the Bronx ordered.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

There are tons of Rs who still want him to run. This channel (just a for instance) does some good vote prediction/analytical work and about 99% of the comments in the videos related to Trump are longing for him to run again in 2024.

This channel consists of political commentary, strategy, and analysis from a right-leaning perspective.
                              I'll take your word for it, and the video is interesting. I simply disagree with you and Kapture. You may well be right. . I guess we can agree to disagree. and that is OK. The political parties have done a complete reversal since Will Rogers said "...I belong to no organized political party. I'm a Democrat..."

I watch some CNN and some MSNBC every day, and it is all about Trump. That is the single unifying message that almost all Dems agree with. Get down to the nitty-gritty of the Omnibus reconciliation bill, and close to zero of the major initiatives have 50% support among likely voters.

You and Kapture need to remember that we have two parties in this country, the EVIL party and the STUPID party. You notice the Dems here are always trying to claim that both parties are about the same. They are assuredly not. I just think that someone other than Trump is the smart choice for Republicans. Maybe you are right and the primaries will give the nomination to Trump. I think winning is more important than fielty to an ex-president. That election will be a target-rich environment for the Rs, and it is stupid to introduce a variable like Trump.

But it is a stupid party.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Speaking of the highly-respected former POTUS, he's been ordered to be deposed next week in some lawsuit I never heard of before. Stems from an incident outside Trump Tower in 2015 after the infamous "Mexicans are rapists and killers" speech

https://abcnews.go.com/US/trump-give...ry?id=80579982
                                Can you give me a link so I can hear him say that for myself?

I thought not.

Comment

Working...
                                X