No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So nice that the Navy now has a 4 star Admiral who is in charge of making major decisions, ... that can't even be sure that he/she is a man/woman or not. Seems like that'd be an easy one.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
      So nice that the Navy now has a 4 star Admiral who is in charge of making major decisions, ... that can't even be sure that he/she is a man/woman or not. Seems like that'd be an easy one.
      WORLD—The arms race is heating up between the U.S. and China. Just last week, China revealed its brand new "space nukes", which are capable of easily nuking any country on the planet. The United States responded swiftly to the provocation by unveiling the world's first trans admiral.

Comment

• “Admiral Levine was not available for comment as she was getting her prostate examined.”

These guys are pretty good! Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          Both.

The host of the channel is a 20+ year Special Forces vet who served in Panama, Iraq, and Afghanistan and knows how weapons work and what they sound like, having fired just about every gun on Earth. I'm not an expert on firearms, but I have yet to hear one who listens to the audio of the two overlapping gunfire sounds and buys into the conventional explanation that the second gunfire stream is an "echo". According to both of the guys on the video, they aren't even the same weapon, which would have to mean at least two shooters. They also quash the notion that the automatic fire is the result of a bump stock, which briefly became the nation's boogeyman. It's a belt-fed machine gun.
          I watched the video you posted and realized that I had crossed paths with the main host several years ago. Dude has a major Rambo complex. Like, he ain't right.

A simple google search and 30 second glance at Wikipedia found answers to many of their points.

On September 29, he moved into an additional suite, 32-134, connected to the first one; both rooms overlooked the festival grounds. He stayed in both in the days leading up to the shooting.[59] After Paddock killed himself, the police found 23 rifles and one handgun inside his rooms.[70][71] They included 14 .223-caliber AR-15 type rifles, eight .308 caliber AR-10 type rifles, one .308 caliber Ruger American bolt-action rifle, and one .38 caliber Smith & Wesson model 342 revolver,[72] all very expensive, according to a law enforcement source.[73] His arsenal included a large quantity of ammunition in special high-capacity magazines holding up to 100 cartridges each.[73][74] Some of the rifles were resting on bipods

Of course there were different weapons used. As I recall that was known from the start. Given that accuracy wasn't necessary, I find it plausible that he could have been firing two automatic weapons at the same time or going back and forth in rapid succession. If he had multiple guns at 4 different windows, as seems to be the case, it's not hard at all for it to seem like there were multiple shooters. But, yeah, I'm sure local, state and federal law enforcement all conspired to cover something up because reasons.

Comment

• The "Bee" seems to get right to the root of things...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

I watched the video you posted and realized that I had crossed paths with the main host several years ago. Dude has a major Rambo complex. Like, he ain't right.

A simple google search and 30 second glance at Wikipedia found answers to many of their points.

On September 29, he moved into an additional suite, 32-134, connected to the first one; both rooms overlooked the festival grounds. He stayed in both in the days leading up to the shooting.[59] After Paddock killed himself, the police found 23 rifles and one handgun inside his rooms.[70][71] They included 14 .223-caliber AR-15 type rifles, eight .308 caliber AR-10 type rifles, one .308 caliber Ruger American bolt-action rifle, and one .38 caliber Smith & Wesson model 342 revolver,[72] all very expensive, according to a law enforcement source.[73] His arsenal included a large quantity of ammunition in special high-capacity magazines holding up to 100 cartridges each.[73][74] Some of the rifles were resting on bipods

Of course there were different weapons used. As I recall that was known from the start. Given that accuracy wasn't necessary, I find it plausible that he could have been firing two automatic weapons at the same time or going back and forth in rapid succession. If he had multiple guns at 4 different windows, as seems to be the case, it's not hard at all for it to seem like there were multiple shooters. But, yeah, I'm sure local, state and federal law enforcement all conspired to cover something up because reasons.
              You are right that he's not totally right in the head. He has been through a few wars and still suffers from PTSD and from the brain damage of a roadside bomb that almost killed him. His wife thanked him for his service by divorcing him and leaving him homeless and living out of his car for a while. He's definitely a bit batty but he comes by it honestly. He's lived a tough life. He channels his pain into comedy to try and help others in the same mental state.

I can believe the possibility that he fired two guns simultaneously, although I will say that I expect that it's impossible to fire even one gun using a bump stock at the consistent fire rate that you can hear in the video. This is an important point, because Democrats were calling for a ban on bump stocks before the bodies were cold. If you want a motive for people to be dishonest about the Las Vegas mass shooting, using it as the impetus to crack down on your rapidly dwindling freedoms is a great one. Anything that makes you more afraid of a lone gunman who uses legal weapons and accessories (in lieu of multiple gunmen using illegal weapons) helps do the trick (up until the time when holes start to appear in the story, which is when that story gets memory-holed, as this one has).

The article that you are referencing isn't new information. Everyone knows that the guy was found with an arsenal in his room. But what I have heard from at least a few folks is:
              1. There is no way that what is heard in the audio is one weapon plus its own echo.
              2. The sound of the gun being fired is consistent with a 50-caliber, belt-fed machine gun, and not with a bump-stocked AR-15 or some other weapon reported to have been found in his room. This is what people who have spent the better part of their adult lives firing and hearing weapons tell me, and it's consistent with some basic stuff that I have learned about weapons since then.

As for whether our noble government would do something ignoble like lie to us... do you believe that it's a pure coincidence that Jeffrey Epstein hung himself with toilet paper, during a timely camera malfunction and a period where his guards on suicide watch just happened to fall asleep?
              Last edited by Hannibal; October 20, 2021, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• I guess I don’t understand the significance of the government insisting it was a lone gunman if there were actually 2 shooters. What’s to gain from that? And with the amount of people involved both as the situation unfolded and the subsequent investigation, there would surely be at least one whistleblower if there was a massive cover up.

Comment

• if it was a 50 cal 1/2 thos victims would have had their entire heads ripped off

ak 47 vs 50 cal is like a slingshot vs a grenade

they wouldnt have been able to hide the carnage a 50 cal would have done

Comment

• It's not just the number of shooters. It's the weapons involved, what else the guy was into, whether he had accomplices who helped him, whether he had political ideologies, etc. Vegas is famously loaded with cameras and security watching your every move. How did a guy smuggle dozens of rifles and thousands of rounds of ammunition into this environment? Was the hotel partially responsible by neglect? Did the FBI interview witnesses like the ones who said that some creepy lady was thrown out of the concert for telling everyone that they were about to die? Or did they do a half-assed investigation because they wanted to wrap it up and go home? I guess we'll never know.

Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                    if it was a 50 cal 1/2 thos victims would have had their entire heads ripped off

ak 47 vs 50 cal is like a slingshot vs a grenade

they wouldnt have been able to hide the carnage a 50 cal would have done
                    There is carnage evident on videos that have been taken down off of youtube and photos that have been scrubbed from lots of sites. I don't know if you can surmise the type of weapon used in a shooting from bloodpools and whatnot though. I'd prefer a much more rigorous investigation than that. It's the biggest mass shooting perpetrated in at least 100 years. The country deserves answers on it.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; October 20, 2021, 03:21 PM.

Comment

• Nothing sounded like a .50 cal. I think the guys in the video correctly identified .223 and .308 rounds. An automatic .50 cal is what’s mounted on top of armored HUMVEES.

As for brining the weapons into the hotel, he probably had them in cases and used a luggage cart. He checked into the hotel 6 days before the shooting.

The investigation lasted about 14 months. Both the Las Vegas Metro police and the FBI concluded he acted alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                        Nothing sounded like a .50 cal. I think the guys in the video correctly identified .223 and .308 rounds. An automatic .50 cal is what’s mounted on top of armored HUMVEES.

As for brining the weapons into the hotel, he probably had them in cases and used a luggage cart. He checked into the hotel 6 days before the shooting.

The investigation lasted about 14 months. Both the Las Vegas Metro police and the FBI concluded he acted alone.
                        Yeah .50s don't sound like that. It is a more measured POP POP POP POP POP not a popopopopopopopopop (maybe not that pronounced, but you get the idea...)
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Attached Files
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• If I'm not mistaken, 1 or 2 rounds on a human with a .50 cal would probably dismember them. I believe those were originally designed to shoot down aircraft.

Comment

• heh
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                              X