Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huh.

House Republicans in early 2018 complained that Steve Bannon refused to comply with their subpoena and was invoking a version of executive privilege that doesn't exist.

Every Republican that bashes Bannon in this article is no longer in Congress. Trey Gowdy left. Peter King retired last year. Tom Rooney (a grandson of Steelers owners Art Rooney) got sick of DC and quit in 2018. Mike Conaway (TX) retired

They've all been replaced by people more inclined to be Trump lickspittles

Comment

• Speaking of Trump, he's announcing tonight he's starting his own social media platform called TRUTH (lol)

Comment

• And as a number of business reporters have pointed out, this company is being launched as a SPAC. Which absolutely fucking figures.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          Speaking of Trump, he's announcing tonight he's starting his own social media platform called TRUTH (lol)

The smart move for him since leaving office has always been to start his own media company.

Comment

• Where his cult members can follow him
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
              Where his cult members can follow him
              If he's interested in a legitimate free speech network then he's going to get a lot more than that.

Comment

• You mean a place he can tell his bullshit lies and not have anyone call him on it.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

You mean a place he can tell his bullshit lies and not have anyone call him on it.
                  Facebook and Twitter are on that same path. He'll have company.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yeah, the sense I get is that Progs think only they should be able to lie and lie and lie and lie and lie and lie without being called on...because, you know, if you do call them on it, you're a RACIST!!!!

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• LMMFAO. A Trump supporter complaining about lies and then using the race card. Comedy gold.
                      I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of a toilet.

Comment

• Well the Biden administration thinks printing more helicopter money and showering it on the unwashed masses will decrease inflation. They tell us the Afghanistan exit was an amazing success! Progs vilify and defund the police. Then when crime skyrockets, they blame Covid. Biden said he would end the pandemic and the numbers are worse now than when he took office. They say schools don't teach CRT but when people complain about schools teaching CRT, the administration calls them domestic terrorists. Progs literally CRIED over "kids in cages" but apprehensions at the border are at the highest level since 1986. They tell us that empty store shelves and a faltering supply chain are evidence of how great we have it! Everything this administration touches turns to shit. Not only are they completely incompetent, they are also lying pieces of shit.

Comment

You mean a place he can tell his bullshit lies and not have anyone call him on it.
                          A place where I can decide for myself what are lies and what are truths, instead of having Mark Zuckerberg and Sheryl Sandberg decide for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

If he's interested in a legitimate free speech network then he's going to get a lot more than that.
                            See Item 7, "Prohibited Activities". There are 24 no-no's, some of which are broad enough to provide cover to give people the heave-ho. Much like any other social media. #23 prohibits "disparagement" of the site itself and its parent company.

A few discovered that the site was accidentally put online ahead of its official launch date. It's since been taken down but people got a look at it. Some think it resembles a tweaked version of a free open-source social media network called Mastodon. I'm not familiar with it.

Comment

• You know I am not a Trump guy. He was so heavily flawed personally that most of his good ideas were doomed by the way he packaged his rhetoric, BUT I don’t think anyone can reasonably argue that he was treated fairly by social media (especially Twitter). After all, they banned him -the President of the United States- from their platform and left Khamenei (as far as I know, still unbanned). I found it shocking. As such, I just don’t visit the site anymore.

So if Trump (or anyone) starts a viable Twitter-like platform where you can say politically incorrect things that do not march lockstep with the SJW agenda, I would support it with my patronage.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

See Item 7, "Prohibited Activities". There are 24 no-no's, some of which are broad enough to provide cover to give people the heave-ho. Much like any other social media. #23 prohibits "disparagement" of the site itself and its parent company.

A few discovered that the site was accidentally put online ahead of its official launch date. It's since been taken down but people got a look at it. Some think it resembles a tweaked version of a free open-source social media network called Mastodon. I'm not familiar with it.
                                Most of those no-nos are common sense. Spamming or harrassing other members, for instance.

The TOS probably means jack shit. It's all about how it's enforced and whether the people running the show have a legitimate interest in maintaining free speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X