No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manchin could go (I), but it would depend on who he chooses to caucus with to have any real effect. I suppose he could choose to caucus with R's on some matters, but D's on others? What would really matter is if his vote would give R's a 51-49 edge in selecting Senate leadership, and committee chairman assignments. Could he end Schumer's reign as Majority leader, and switch it back to McConnell? That would also allow R's to set the Senate agenda.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• If he switched to I and said he's caucusing with the R's then, yes, Schumer's reign over the Senate is dead as disco and all the appointments go through McConnell and the Rs. I won't allow myself to dream about it.
      Last edited by Mike; October 21, 2021, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• I dont get it

if manchin switched to repub or sinema is more likely--hell shes more conservative the murtkowski or susan collins

anyway obviously it changes everything if one swing to repub this year--mcconnell would be majority leader

Agree with POY vote that was good

Comment

• Amazing. One of the two witnesses used by the Nevada GOP as "proof" of voter fraud has been arrested for voting illegally for his dead wife.

I think we're getting closer and closer to having it scientifically proven that Republicans who believe in widespread, rampant voter fraud suffer from the classic psychological defense mechanism known as "projection".

https://www.8newsnow.com/i-team/i-te...-voting-twice/

Comment

• I don't believe Sinema or Manchin needs to caucus with either party. I imagine Sinema in particular can have any Committee assignment she wants from the Rs. Manchin is already top of the seniority list for the Ds, so he would be giving up more. Remember, the Ds follow seniority for committee assignments rather than the Rs relying on competence (or so they say).

After watching Garland today, this country can be grateful he never made it to the SC.

Comment

• The important thing to remember is that Garland is a moderate.

Comment

• Ok I’ll bite. What’d Garland say today that was outrageous? I can’t find anything about it on the front page of Fox so it must not be in the top ten liberal outrages of the day. But still, I’m here to listen and help. The Doctor is in.

Comment

• It’s just his defense of treating concerned parents as domestic terrorists — well, not really, but really. You know, brazenly injecting the FBI into an obviously local issue. Because, well….????

At the same time his son makes his living selling CRT/America is White Nationalist Educational crap. Which is not a conflict.

There was barely a week that went by over the last 4 years where you didn’t bitch about something more trivial.
                  Last edited by iam416; October 21, 2021, 07:00 PM.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    It’s just his defense of treating concerned parents as domestic terrorists. You know, brazenly injecting the FBI into an obviously local issue. Because, well….????

At the same time his son makes his living selling CRT/America is White Nationalist Educational crap. Which is not a conflict.

There was barely a week that went by over the last 4 years where you didn’t bitch about something more trivial.
                    Currently enjoying life sipping warm apple bourbon cider at a bar. May respond later. May not!

Comment

• Well, AA has been shitting all over Cornell, the Clowns and labor unions over on his Conquered People thread. You may HAVE to respond to that.

Comment

• I believe one example is: what do Cornell, the Clowns and labor unions have in common? They all suckle moose ballbag. Or something like that.

Comment

Well, AA has been shitting all over Cornell, the Clowns and labor unions over on his Conquered People thread. You may HAVE to respond to that.
                          If I'm ever in need of the best method to bugger a sheep or to cheat a Welshman out of a farthing, perhaps I'll proceed to Mr. AlabamAlum's doorstep for urgent consultation, but to matters of civilization, reason, and the higher processes of the Mind? I believe I shall turn elsewhere.

Comment

• Like the North Platte Wings and Laundry Emporium?

Comment

Like the North Platte Wings and Laundry Emporium?
                              I'm not in a salmonella mood this evening, no matter how exotic the strain the proprietor may add to every batch of his 5th-place finishing Rectum-Busters.

Comment

• I.Hate.Each.And.Every.One.Of.You.Fuckers.

STFU
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X