Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    I’ll say it again…best thing the Ds have going for them is that it’s not 2022 or 2024. There’s a chance the Ds might lose BIG statewide in VIRGINIA.

    I would hope they take this as some sort of warning instead of a dare to triple down. But, that’s not what either party does.
    They were just a couple Kamala rallies short!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Will be interesting to see the margin in NJ, too.
      The Republicans didn't find a candidate as good as Youngkin in NJ.

      But I was surprised to learn that a Democrat Governor hasn't won reelection in New Jersey since 1978. Although I guess you could count Christine Todd Whitman as a Dem these days.

      Comment


      • Well, guess I can go watch the Braves vs Astros instead of election night.

        2022 AAL - Derrick Barnes
        2021 Weekly Pick'em Champ

        Comment


        • Decision Desk has called it for Youngkin.

          Comment


          • Lol. McAuliffe surely begged The Chairman to keep Kamala the fuck out of Virginia.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

              The Republicans didn't find a candidate as good as Youngkin in NJ.

              But I was surprised to learn that a Democrat Governor hasn't won reelection in New Jersey since 1978. Although I guess you could count Christine Todd Whitman as a Dem these days.
              Oh, NJ is more blue than Va (though, that is surprising). I’m just curious about the margin
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

              Comment


              • Get ready for all of the news stories about how Youngkin's victory is due to racism.

                Comment


                • You mean The Chairman's mandate wasn't enough to give McAuliffe the win? Golly, I thought Joe's coattails were worth more than that.

                  Comment


                  • Let’s hope so, Hannibal. No better way to alienate voters than calling them racists because they don’t vote for you.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

                    Comment


                    • There are also Progs winning mayoral contests. That’s good. People need to fully understand that these people aren’t bogeymen or bogeypersons. They’re real and the present and future of the Ds
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

                      Comment


                      • Any word on Question 2 in Minneapolis?

                        Comment


                        • McAuliffe was facing headwinds and made things worse by his dumbass "no parents shouldn't have a say in what students are taught" remark (paraphrasing). That's largely relevant to the DC burbs where turnout is extremely high. What could go unnoticed is that at least right now it looks like Dem turnout around Richmond and the Hampton Roads was a total disaster. Biden beat Trump in Richmond city 92,000 to 16,000. A lot needs to be reported but it's pretty obvious McAuliffe won't get anywhere close to that. He can maybe hope for a 30,000 vote win.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Let’s hope so, Hannibal. No better way to alienate voters than calling them racists because they don’t vote for you.
                            The Dems wouldn't do it if it didn't work. And not only has it worked, but it has worked wonders over the years. Gutless pussy Republicans are terrified of being labeled with the "r" word.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              McAuliffe was facing headwinds and made things worse by his dumbass "no parents shouldn't have a say in what students are taught" remark (paraphrasing). That's largely relevant to the DC burbs where turnout is extremely high. What could go unnoticed is that at least right now it looks like Dem turnout around Richmond and the Hampton Roads was a total disaster. Biden beat Trump in Richmond city 92,000 to 16,000. A lot needs to be reported but it's pretty obvious McAuliffe won't get anywhere close to that. He can maybe hope for a 30,000 vote win.
                              Well it's not exactly a gaffe or bad campaigning when that's his actual attitude. And in the case of the Dems, it clearly is.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

                                The Dems wouldn't do it if it didn't work. And not only has it worked, but it has worked wonders over the years. Gutless pussy Republicans are terrified of being labeled with the "r" word.
                                Youngkin is a traditional Republican, the type you consider gutless pussies.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X