No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're looking for some entertaining exchanges, find the live feed from any day. Scroll through it until you find conversations between the judge and attorneys. It will undoubtedly be the judge trying to teach the DA about the law. I'm sorry! You must have been sick the day that taught law at law school!
    Last edited by Mike; November 3, 2021, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

and no political capital left.
      Oh my... I hadn't even thought of that.

Comment

• Oh geez… NYC …
        Not that it matters, but what’s with the NYC Rs literally nominating a Bond villain as their candidate? Lmao.
        I love animals, but come on man.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Covid-19: Researcher blows the whistle on data integrity issues in Pfizer’s vaccine trial

Revelations of poor practices at a contract research company helping to carry out Pfizer’s pivotal covid-19 vaccine trial raise questions about data integrity and regulatory oversight. Paul D Thacker reports In autumn 2020 Pfizer’s chairman and chief executive, Albert Bourla, released an open letter to the billions of people around the world who were investing their hopes in a safe and effective covid-19 vaccine to end the pandemic. “As I’ve said before, we are operating at the speed of science,” Bourla wrote, explaining to the public when they could expect a Pfizer vaccine to be authorised in the United States.1 But, for researchers who were testing Pfizer’s vaccine at several sites in Texas during that autumn, speed may have come at the cost of data integrity and patient safety. A regional director who was employed at the research organisation Ventavia Research Group has told The BMJ that the company falsified data, unblinded patients, employed inadequately trained vaccinators, and was slow to follow up on adverse events reported in Pfizer’s pivotal phase III trial. Staff who conducted quality control checks were overwhelmed by the volume of problems they were finding. After repeatedly notifying Ventavia of these problems, the regional director, Brook Jackson (video 1), emailed a complaint to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Ventavia fired her later the same day. Jackson has provided The BMJ with dozens of internal company documents, photos, audio recordings, and emails. Video 1 Whistleblower Brook Jackson tells The BMJ about her experience working on the Pfizer covid-19 vaccine trial On its website Ventavia calls itself the largest privately owned clinical research company in Texas and lists many awards it has won for its contract work.2 But Jackson has told The BMJ that, during the two weeks she was employed at Ventavia in September 2020, …

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
            Oh geez… NYC …
            Not that it matters, but what’s with the NYC Rs literally nominating a Bond villain as their candidate? Lmao.
            I love animals, but come on man.
            Hey, Sliwa was also the Founder of the "Guardian Angels" way back in the 80s. That just makes it more bizarre.

Comment

• Originally posted by foxhopper View Post
              Covid-19: Researcher blows the whistle on data integrity issues in Pfizer’s vaccine trial

https://www.bmj.com/content/375/bmj.n2635
              I'm interested but also skeptical. Two reasons:

(1) the actual serious side effects to the Pfizer vaccine in trials were 0.6% in the vaccine arm and 0.5% in the placebo arm. Is this finding based on flawed data? My reading of the linked report above doesn't involve study outcomes but rather various safety processes that were being compromised to get to the end result - EUA approval for the Pfizer vaccines.

(2) On the ground or actual serious side effects reported after the vaccines were given EUA and administration began in the December, 2020 time frame show an exceedingly low occurrence rate of serious side effects out of the millions of doses administered. From the very thorough study published in the BMJ I read on post EUA occurrence, it's impossible to interpret the results to a single objective number - say 0.1% or less than 1 serious side effect per 100K shots given. That's because the study I looked at measured reports of distinct sets of adverse events, e.g myocardial infarction. Reading the study supported my view that actual reported serious adverse side effects of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines (mRNA) are so low as to be inconsequential in assessing their safety and benefits versus risks https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2784015

Although foxhopper doesn't say it the objective in making this post almost certainly has to be a means to cast doubt on the safety of the Pfizer vaccine. I'll just assume he wants to be fair, objective and balanced. But if you read his linked BMJ report carefully, it is based on the documents received by this organization from a fired employee whose firing occurred as a result of her going directly to the FDA to complain that no one in the independent company tasked with running the Pfizer trials were listening to a litany of complaints from employees involving reports of by-passing safety and process standards to get results more quickly.

Deserves more scrutiny before we jump to the obvious conclusion that the Pfizer vaccines are dangerous.
              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 4, 2021, 08:28 AM.
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• yTWVsJfZ.jpg

Comment

• Just because they fudged the numbers and falsified the data, then fired the whistleblower doesn't mean it's dangerous lol

Comment

• too late for that

5IxEAyjI.png

Comment

• a4Qy9smN.jpg

Comment

• Is that a real tweet, or something from Babylon Bee?
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

I'm interested but also skeptical. Two reasons:

(1) the actual serious side effects to the Pfizer vaccine in trials were 0.6% in the vaccine arm and 0.5% in the placebo arm. Is this finding based on flawed data? My reading of the linked report above doesn't involve study outcomes but rather various safety processes that were being compromised to get to the end result - EUA approval for the Pfizer vaccines.

(2) On the ground or actual serious side effects reported after the vaccines were given EUA and administration began in the December, 2020 time frame show an exceedingly low occurrence rate of serious side effects out of the millions of doses administered. From the very thorough study published in the BMJ I read on post EUA occurrence, it's impossible to interpret the results to a single objective number - say 0.1% or less than 1 serious side effect per 100K shots given. That's because the study I looked at measured reports of distinct sets of adverse events, e.g myocardial infarction. Reading the study supported my view that actual reported serious adverse side effects of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines (mRNA) are so low as to be inconsequential in assessing their safety and benefits versus risks https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2784015

Although foxhopper doesn't say it the objective in making this post almost certainly has to be a means to cast doubt on the safety of the Pfizer vaccine. I'll just assume he wants to be fair, objective and balanced. But if you read his linked BMJ report carefully, it is based on the documents received by this organization from a fired employee whose firing occurred as a result of her going directly to the FDA to complain that no one in the independent company tasked with running the Pfizer trials were listening to a litany of complaints from employees involving reports of by-passing safety and process standards to get results more quickly.

Deserves more scrutiny before we jump to the obvious conclusion that the Pfizer vaccines are dangerous.
                          Jeff, for one, the only goal Foxhopper and Kapture have is to find anything they can grasp at to claim the vaccines are dangerous. Kapture previously has claimed your DNA will mutate if you get the shot.

In addition to what you said, if you read the report carefully, the subcontractor in question in the article operated just 3 sites out of 155 total that were used to test the vaccine. So even if you think there were serious problems at those 3 sites, what about the other 152?

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                            Is that a real tweet, or something from Babylon Bee?
                            It's a satirical troll account.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

It's a satirical troll account.
                              that won’t stop the rubes from posting it as if it were gospel

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

that won’t stop the rubes from posting it as if it were gospel
                                boy that went right over you head

Comment

Working...
                                X