Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4eb337e2a6eed5db.jpg

Comment

• I'll bet that Adam Smith never envisioned a scenario in which major corporations would use their massive market power to push trans kids and other present day mass mental illness. We are truly in uncharted territory for Capitalism, where people who have billions are willing to flush those billions down the toilet for the sake of indoctrination and propaganda.

Last edited by Hannibal; November 6, 2021, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• At today's Senate Health Committee hearing, Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-LA) asked CDC Director Rochelle Walensky about her department's vaccination rates.Stay Conne...

Comment

• I don’t know how good the USAT/Suffolk poll is, but they have The Chairman underwater at 59-38.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That was clearly before his big win with the massive infrastructure bill that even includes some spending on infrastructure.

Comment

• I think most folks can agree that real, actual infrastructure work needs to be done and properly funded. I'm thinking that less than half of the bill will go to actual infrastructure.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'm sure they get those unvaxxed detention centers built. Only infastructure we need baby.

Comment

• BTW- Meijer has .33 cent a pound water liqued injected turkey this week....Thank you chairman Joe!

Not sure where to get your soy tofu turkey DSL.

Comment

• Not sure where to get your soy tofu turkey DSL.
                    Whole Foods?
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                      DSL: Clearly you have received today's talking points from the DNC, but let me begin a list of things that the "infrastructure" bill contains, the most important of which is that it only contains $ 110 B for actual infrastructure.
                      • Defines “gender identity” as a protected class.
                      • Doles out “digital equity” grants partly based on racial or ethnic minority status.
                      • State-mandated carbon reduction program
                      • Contains funding for “zero-emission vehicles”
                      • Addresses “over-the-road bus tolling equity”
                      • Contains the word “equity” 64 times
                      • Provides roughly $2.5 billion to help the U.S. government expand the border processing stations used by migrants from poor Central American nations and other regions around the world.
                      This bill is a progressive wish list with 90% of the money going to green new deal and cultural ideas that were rejected last Tuesday. Most of the R yes votes were from east coast states who reap the benefits of this "free shit" bill. Rs are the stupid party, once again.
                      Going back to this quickly, there's only $110B for infrastructure if you define infrastructure solely as roads and literally nothing else.

The article below states that the bill includes:

* $110B for roads, highways, and bridges
                      * $39B for public transit of all kinds, including buses.
                      * $66B for passenger rail
                      * $8B for electric car charging stations
                      * $25B for airports
                      * $65B for electrical grid improvements
                      * $65B for broadband internet for rural/underserved regions
                      * $55B for wastewater/water treatment, including $15B of that to replace lead pipes

I don't doubt that there's some woke gobbly-gook spread throughout the bill, but I can't believe anyone would seriously claim that stuff like airports, railroads, and the electrical grid don't count as true infrastructure.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The $1 trillion infrastructure plan that now goes to President Joe Biden to sign into law has money for roads, bridges, ports, rail transit, safe water, the power grid, broadband internet and more.

Comment

• Mmmmmm....pork.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Going back to this quickly, there's only $110B for infrastructure if you define infrastructure solely as roads and literally nothing else.

The article below states that the bill includes:

* $110B for roads, highways, and bridges
                          * $39B for public transit of all kinds, including buses.
                          * $66B for passenger rail
                          * $8B for electric car charging stations
                          * $25B for airports
                          * $65B for electrical grid improvements
                          * $65B for broadband internet for rural/underserved regions
                          * $55B for wastewater/water treatment, including $15B of that to replace lead pipes

I don't doubt that there's some woke gobbly-gook spread throughout the bill, but I can't believe anyone would seriously claim that stuff like airports, railroads, and the electrical grid don't count as true infrastructure.

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden...e9fc91f5eb4c0d
                          Those numbers -- all actual infratstructure, btw, -- barely get to $320B.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Those numbers -- all actual infratstructure, btw, -- barely get to $320B.
                            More like $430B I think, but I acknowledge there's plenty in the bill that a lot of people wouldn't consider infrastructure. It's just not as low as 10% either.

Comment

• ...and in this bill there was mostly pork...eee iiii eee iiii oh.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I don't doubt that there's some woke gobbly-gook spread throughout the bill, but I can't believe anyone would seriously claim that stuff like airports, railroads, and the electrical grid don't count as true infrastructure.
                                The bill has some 4K pages I've read. For those of us not intimately involved with what the bill actually contains, it's nuts and bolts, I think it's impossible to know how this money is actually going to be spent. Because of that, it's very easy for both sides to spin it.

Congress providing this kind of money to government agencies who then decide how it actually is going to be spent, filter down to contractors who will bid for the work, then perform it provides opportunities for massive misappropriation.

I read an article last summer when this infrastructure stuff was first being tossed around that demonstrated why states that get federal funding then disperse it results in orange cones and traffic james on the roads and interstates for months, even years. Projects that should take a couple of months don't get done for 6 to 12 months or longer. There is no central planning at the state level that assures contractors complete road work in segments. In comparison the Nordic countries are famous for major road upgrades or repairs in a matter of weeks and that is because, much like a house is built, it's done in orchestrated segments one step at a time.

I'm not confident at all that (1) 100% of the money Congress authorized and is being touted is something great will go into actual new construction or repair (not withstanding administrative overhead that should not take more than 10% or less). (2) we'll have roadways not closed and littered with orange barrels for years. Shameful shit.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X