Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    The judge asked if there were any veterans in the room and the only one was a defense witness who was about to take the stand. The judge then asked the courtroom to give him a round of applause. That's at least a little awkward. But it probably goes on in small-town courtrooms all the time.
    It isn't "awkward" at all in most of the country, it is only "awkward" to the 6% of the country that is, like yourself, part of the religious left. To even use the word "awkward" is an affront to anyone who appreciates what the veterans have done for the US. November 11 is called "Veterans' Day" because it honors veterans. Duh. Only those woke haters of this country could find it awkward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

It isn't "awkward" at all in most of the country, it is only "awkward" to the 6% of the country that is, like yourself, part of the religious left. To even use the word "awkward" is an affront to anyone who appreciates what the veterans have done for the US. November 11 is called "Veterans' Day" because it honors veterans. Duh. Only those woke haters of this country could find it awkward.
      It's awkward because he ended up calling for a round of applause for a witness about to take the stand. I doubt he expected that when he floated the question but it is what it is. It's not awkward that he wanted to recognize vets.

But way to be a hyperpartisan ass

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        The Asian food joke is beyond the pale, though. How can any reasonable person get racism out of that comment?
        Just imagine if all of the Polish, Italian, German and Asian kids resorted to violence following inappropriate jokes back in the 70s and 80s..

Comment

• Well the Pollocks, Wops and Nazis were thick skinned folk...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• There is a hearing taking place in Rittenhouse right now. The prosecution is arguing for lesser charges to be included. The defense is like, no.. we're good with how it is. Doesn't sound like Schroeder is receptive to the prosecution's motion, at least on the count they are discussing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

just remember to thank a journalist for their service.

Comment

• They tried to add "2nd degree reckless homicide". Judge said no.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

They are Monday, 10:00 EST. 2.5 hours allotted to each side.

Speaking of the conclusion of this trial, yesterday the judge said he wanted to have closing today because he wanted to start a new jury trial on Monday. LOL. He obviously thinks there will be a short deliberation. Both attorneys agreed that they wanted to go Monday and lobbied the judge who then granted their request.

On a related note from a WaPo article impugning the judge:

“It seems like he’s aiming to let this man out of this courthouse scot-free and we’re not going to let that happen,” said Justin Blake, whose nephew Jacob Blake was shot by a police officer last year, triggering the nights of unrest that drew Rittenhouse to Kenosha. “If it happens, we’re not going to be quiet about it.”

Fortunately, Kyle Rittenhouse will be available if anyone would like him to protect their business.
                  I think armed militia will be a staple in every mostly peaceful protest going forward. They wanna be violent and burn down American cities while democrats let it happen, and the media lies and inflames tensions.

What's left but good Americans stepping up for their city?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

I think armed militia will be a staple in every mostly peaceful protest going forward.
                    And maybe that will actually compel city officials to allow the police to do their job.

Comment

• This is by far the best new show of the fall season, btw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

And maybe that will actually compel city officials to allow the police to do their job.
                        or not and the problem will solve itself.

Comment

• Did we learn nothing from John Rambo?

"Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my war! You asked me, I didn't ask you!"
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• DkPyF15L.jpg

Comment

• DDJbLPT1.jpg

Comment

• I could probably bring myself to stand back and peacefully watch a few news agencies burn down.

Comment

Working...
                                X