No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZERO evidence of Rittenhouse's "White supremist" views presented throughout the trial.

Comment

• Facts don't matter. The seriousness of the charge. He is a white supremacist racist and must pay for white guilt.
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post

I think armed militia will be a staple in every mostly peaceful protest going forward. They wanna be violent and burn down American cities while democrats let it happen, and the media lies and inflames tensions.

What's left but good Americans stepping up for their city?
        If Kyle walks it still doesn't prevent the cities from burning. The militia out there are still pretty powerless. It only sends the message to the Communists and other assorted goons to make sure that you stick to attacking unarmed people and destroying property.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
          Facts don't matter. The seriousness of the charge. He is a white supremacist racist and must pay for white guilt.
          Throw him into the lake. If he's a White Supremacist, he'll float and then you can burn him at the stake. If he's not, he'll sink.

Comment

• A record-shattering 4.4 M people quit their jobs in September

Employers are still trying to fill 10.4 million open jobs, unchanged from the prior month, latest government data show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              A record-shattering 4.4 M people quit their jobs in September

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jolts-j...eptember-2021/
              I wonder how many of them are quitting their jobs because of either vaccine mandates or finally getting fed up with woke corporate HR garbage.

I can't believe how much the corporate world has changed in the past five years. It really is amazing.

Comment

• GIven the remarkably tight labor market, I assume people are cashing in on their leverage and taking better jobs. Whether it's more money or no vaccine requirement or whatever. Employees have a ton of power right now. Which, of course, is why need even more social safety net protections.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• "Fact checkers"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

I wonder how many of them are quitting their jobs because of either vaccine mandates or finally getting fed up with woke corporate HR garbage.

I can't believe how much the corporate world has changed in the past five years. It really is amazing.
                    Labor has more leverage now that at any point in decades. Tons of job openings. Huge demand in anything related to warehouses, shipping, logisitics, etc. Lots of people are quitting shitty jobs for better paying ones. It's part of why fast food and other restaurants are having a hard time hiring anyone. Being an Amazon warehouse employee may be more physically demanding, but the pay is significantly better than fast food, you don't have to deal with asshole customers, and you don't need a college degree.

Comment

• McDonalds where I live is starting people at $15 per hour now. TBH I'd probably rather work there than amazon.

Comment

• True dat. Same here.

Comment

"Fact checkers"

"That great negro at the time"

It's fine to use the word when talking about the league itself, but not any of the players........

WOW

Comment

• Hey now… he said “at the time”

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              GIven the remarkably tight labor market, I assume people are cashing in on their leverage and taking better jobs. Whether it's more money or no vaccine requirement or whatever. Employees have a ton of power right now. Which, of course, is why need even more social safety net protections.
                              The labor market is funky right now man, it's hard to be at a spot for 10-15 years and you see open posted position same as yours starting out at the same pay and a bonus just for accepting the position. While the employees already there aren't getting a bonus and had to work up to that pay level over years of hard work.

How does that make that employee feel, ya know? Fuck this job, I'll use my experience as leverage to get a better job at better pay... because those jobs are hiring now too.

Comment

McDonalds where I live is starting people at $15 per hour now. TBH I'd probably rather work there than amazon.
                                You're right that fast food has tried to match as best they can. Because they had to. They were losing people in droves. That article I posted last week about an entire McDonald's crew quitting in Bradford, PA? I believe nearly every one had a higher paying job within weeks if not days. And that's in fucking Bradford, PA, not a hot market like Columbus. Don't tell your employees "leave, if you think you can do better" because right now they almost certainly can!

Dunno how familiar you are with the Etna exit east of Columbus (Exit 118) but just in the seven years I've been living down here Amazon, then Kohl's, and now FedEx have built massive distribution centers all around that exit. And some other huge project is just starting. That's on top of the what was already there.

Comment

Working...
                                X