Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike,

Yeah, that’s pretty common. Prosecution gets to rebut the defense’s close.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Richards calls Binger a liar twice in the first minute of his closing. Coming out swinging. This is the pipe hitter I've been hoping for since the beginning of this whole thing.

Comment

• "you lose the right to self defense if you bring the gun"

No. That isn't how that works.

Comment

• I'd like to see someone put together a meme of all the times Binger gets bludgeoned and then slowly zoom in on him with the Curb Your Enthusiasm music playing.

Comment

• So with the gun charge being dropped, does that get Dominic Black off the hook for buying it? It was said during his testimony that he's facing 2 counts up to 6 years for doing just that.

Comment

• Oh, I doubt they will drop his charges.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kapture1 View Post
                "you lose the right to self defense if you bring the gun"

No. That isn't how that works.
                This.

Comment

• Ha! Richards brought up the "60 shots" canard without mentioning Scarborough by name.

Comment

• I really have a hard, hard time thinking that a jury will reach an unanimous guilty verdict. They may not reach an unanimous acquittal -- they may get hung -- but I can't imagine a guilty verdict.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That's where I'm at. It's very possible there's one or two hard-liners on each end that won't budge either way.
                      Last edited by Mike; November 15, 2021, 04:46 PM.

Comment

• I have a hard time even imagining a hung jury. I have a hard time seeing anyone looking at this case and seeing it as anything other than self defense. But then again, not really. We live in a post-truth Clownworld. Anything goes.i

Grosskreutz's lawyer was on NBC tonight trashing Rittenhouse. That asshole is really digging himself a hole.

Comment

• Finally just finished watching Richards’ closing. I’d say he did a fine job. Of course, all of the video and photographic evidence is on his side as well as the law.

I hadn’t realized that there was such an issue with a still photo of Kyle that took the prosecution 20 hours to manipulate. Turns out he suddenly turned into a left hand shot! Hmmmm…. Between that and asking the one guy to she be his statement, Binger needs to be investigated for malicious prosecution.

Comment

• Really good post from the youtube channel Think Before you Sleep (highly recommended)

What exactly did I just hear? I haven't been paying too much attention to the Rittenhouse trial but I thought I would at least watch some of the closing arguments. Did I just hear the prosecuting lawyer say that Kyle should have fired warning shots with tons of people around to stop attackers? Not only do you NEVER fire warning shots but this is quite possibly one of the worst times to do so because tons of people, who could accidentally be hit, are in the area. I'm not sure what the prosecuting lawyer's knowledge of guns is but at the very least he is giving terrible advice if not advice that would lead to an innocent bystander getting killed. Regardless of how much this guy knows about guns, this is the problem when you have tons of people with very charged opinions who can influence policy on something they know nothing about.

How many people said this after Parkland Florida?

Person 1 - "I don't want to ban all guns but think all semi-automatics should be banned"

Person 2 - "Really? What about handguns?"

Person 1 - "Handguns are fine."

I've seen so many people get this wrong that I feel like I actually explain this dialogue. Most handguns are semi-automatic weapons. In basic terms, semi-automatic means one bullet fires each trigger pull. So saying you want to ban all semi-automatics but handguns are ok means you have no idea what you are talking about. This is stuff you learn in certainly every beginner course I have been in and for California, you are required to know that before you are allowed to purchase a firearm. The same thing is true about warning shots. This dialogue is purely a response to the fear mongering that MSM does that is targeted at people who don't know anything aboure firearms. Which is the exact audience they want because they can trick people who know nothing about guns into having all kinds of irrational fears about them. You wouldn't believe how many people I have been around who think things like a live round will explode if you drop it on the ground. Even in the miraculous case that the round did go off, you would need it to go off in a highly contained space for it to produce enough force to lethally injure someone. Remember that these are the people influencing policy. You'd be surprised at how many people's opinions you can change on firearms with an hour of gun safety instruction and 1 shooting lesson

Another dumb thing the prosecuting lawyer said about firearms is that while Kyle was been attacked, he shot the attacker 5 times in 0.7 seconds. The prosecuting lawyer said that in that 0.7 seconds Kyle should have assessed each shot to see if the attacker was rendered incapable of hurting him. Are you kidding? Do you know how fast 0.7 seconds is? In firearms, you have what is called stopping power, which is the ability to stop your attacker from attacking you. You could land a lethal blow to your attacker but not render him incapable of attacking you. Things aren't like movies. People don't just fall down instantly once they are shot. How is Kyle supposed to asses 5 separate shots in under 1 second to determine at, say bullet number 2, if his attacker has been rendered incapable of attacking him? My understanding is that in a stressful situation like that where people think they are going to die, most people unload the entire magazine into the attacker. You can actually see poorly trained cops doing this in plenty of internet videos. The fact that he stopped at 5 with a magazine that could be holding 10-30 bullets (depending on the state laws), is actually really controlled behavior.

Last, is the "He was unarmed" argument; saying that you are only allowed to defend yourself if you have the same weapon as your opponent. The purpose of having a firearm is to have an advantage. If someone is dumb enough to attack you and threaten your life when you are openly carrying a firearm and they aren't, well then that was their decision. Let me phrase it this way. A 6'5" muscular man attacks a 4'10" skinny woman. He is unarmed. She has a gun. Is she not allowed to use that firearm to defend herself? Should she have to face a guy who is likely 2-3 times stronger than her unarmed? I am so tired of these nonsense arguments that are purely directed at people who know absolutely nothing about firearms. Then dumb policies get made because people who don't know anything about guns got to formulate those policies and then we end up with idiots saying you should fire a shot to warn your attacker into a crowd full of people who could be unintentionally killed.
                            Common sense and truth. Hopefully it will apply here. If Rittenhouse is guilty, it will have far reaching implications.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              Finally just finished watching Richards’ closing. I’d say he did a fine job. Of course, all of the video and photographic evidence is on his side as well as the law.

I hadn’t realized that there was such an issue with a still photo of Kyle that took the prosecution 20 hours to manipulate. Turns out he suddenly turned into a left hand shot! Hmmmm…. Between that and asking the one guy to she be his statement, Binger needs to be investigated for malicious prosecution.
                              I'm hearing a lot of folks complain that he has been too passive.

Comment

• Wow

Comment

Working...
                                X