Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any guesses as to how long deliberations last? I think if he's acquitted, it will happen quickly. Otherwise, it'll be a hung jury. The chances of there being a couple people who just think he's guilty no matter what are pretty strong.

    My prediction: Hung jury where the vote was something like 10-2 to acquit.

    Comment


    • I think they will acquit, but I expect it to take several hours. At least I hope it does, no matter how obvious self defense is in this case, I hope they take the time to go back over the evidence and discuss each count and all the facts.

      Comment


      • ...burn baby burn. Kenosha Inferno...burn baby burn...burn the mother down...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

        Comment


        • Just a WAG but competent jurors - and I have no doubt there are some good ones on the panel - will look at the charges and review what Wisconsin law requires for poof of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. To me, knowing what I know about testimony that backs up the facts presented in the defense of Rittenhouse, not only is there reasonable doubt that Kyle murdered these scum bags but also there are facts that completely exonerate him of the two homicide counts.

          I get peoples emotions right now but I trust the jury to come up with not guilty on both homicide counts. The others are essentially superfluous but also nice to get an acquittal on all of them. I also think that the judge in this case absolutely knows the Wisconsin law and what the prosecutor has to do to prove the elements of a charge. I have reasonable doubt, the judge probably has reasonable doubt. It's not beyond believe that the 12 jurors all have reasonable doubt. They'll probably acquit and if they don't I feel pretty sure the judge will declare a mistrial (based on the illegal conduct of the prosecution well established) or a JMOL because he feels the elements of the charge were not established beyond a reasonable doubt.
          There is such a thing as redemption. Maybe we're seeing one. We just saw it!!!. M 42, OSU 27. 11/27/21.

          Comment


          • dhZpSqiE.jpg

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Any guesses as to how long deliberations last? I think if he's acquitted, it will happen quickly. Otherwise, it'll be a hung jury. The chances of there being a couple people who just think he's guilty no matter what are pretty strong.

              My prediction: Hung jury where the vote was something like 10-2 to acquit.
              In my experience, how long a jury deliberates has little connection to the final outcome. For example, the first vote of the jury could be 11-1 not guilty, and they could spend two days trying to convince the holdout in order to reach a unanimous not guilty result (not necessary, btw). Just no way of telling.

              And we should be clear that a not guilty vote doesn't necessarily mean innocent. Rittenhouse will have to prove substantial innocence to prevail in civil litigation. Reasonable doubt is a criminal concept. Rittenhouse is not nearly "as innocent" as the Covington kid who merely stood and smiled. He did take a rifle 15 miles into a riot situation.

              Comment


              • lol

                Comment


                • Yeah, maybe they should let him swing a skateboard at it.. Typical leftist logic at work there. SMH

                  Comment


                  • Tough crowd, sheesh. Though if Kyle wants to use a skateboard that's fine with me.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      A reinvigorated Trump World is probably the D's best chance at limiting the damage in 2022.
                      I don't expect Trump to have announced a 2024 bid by then.

                      I'm still holding out hope that he is going to walk away for good.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

                        In my experience, how long a jury deliberates has little connection to the final outcome. For example, the first vote of the jury could be 11-1 not guilty, and they could spend two days trying to convince the holdout in order to reach a unanimous not guilty result (not necessary, btw). Just no way of telling.

                        And we should be clear that a not guilty vote doesn't necessarily mean innocent. Rittenhouse will have to prove substantial innocence to prevail in civil litigation. Reasonable doubt is a criminal concept. Rittenhouse is not nearly "as innocent" as the Covington kid who merely stood and smiled. He did take a rifle 15 miles into a riot situation.
                        I was surprised how many citizens were standing by with rifles--least 15 or so around that gas station

                        I get if the cops dont stop the property destruction we need to take it into our own hands and protect ourselves

                        what i dont get is why rittenhouse seem to be on his own--i would have thought at the age of 17 running around a riot solo wouldnt be the smartest thing to do

                        almost wish he would be convicted of something just so i could watch that judge sentence him to time served

                        but the only thing hes guilty of is poor judgement--everything else he did that night was good to see. he just shouldnt have been there and allowed himself to be cut off

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

                          I don't expect Trump to have announced a 2024 bid by then.

                          I'm still holding out hope that he is going to walk away for good.
                          Best guess right now is he announces the day after Republicans take the House in a statement where he also takes all credit for that happening.

                          Health or some legal issue not currently known are all that will stop him from being the 2024 nominee. Right now I'm much more confident he's running than Biden will again. He's not maintaining a ruthless hold on the party just to help them win back Congress.

                          Comment


                          • Comment


                            • The fucking Russians are assholes.
                              Last edited by Mike; November 16, 2021, 04:14 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by crashcourse View Post

                                I was surprised how many citizens were standing by with rifles--least 15 or so around that gas station

                                I get if the cops dont stop the property destruction we need to take it into our own hands and protect ourselves

                                what i dont get is why rittenhouse seem to be on his own--i would have thought at the age of 17 running around a riot solo wouldnt be the smartest thing to do

                                almost wish he would be convicted of something just so i could watch that judge sentence him to time served

                                but the only thing hes guilty of is poor judgement--everything else he did that night was good to see. he just shouldnt have been there and allowed himself to be cut off
                                Yep. All of this. He shouldn't have been there because the government officials should have done their jobs. And we aren't having this conversation if the media told the truth about Jacob Blake. But our media isn't interested in the truth, they want to divide this country on racial, economic, and cultural grounds, and the dem politicians are happy to let that materialize by pushing the anti cop narrative, DEFUND THE POLICE! And we all sat home and watched cities burn throughout that summer.

                                It shouldn't at the very least have been left to a civicly minded 17 year old kid. The grown ass men of America let this kid down. Everybody let this kid down.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X